Kazeko

ANSWERED:Scroll sabotage

Go to solution Solved by KageSora,

So I woke up this morning to find a half-dozen of my eggs and hatchlings sick. That seemed suspicious; my usual rotation of hatcheries (Valley Sherwood + Egg Drop Soup + Silvi's Lair) almost never gets an egg sick once it's past 6d12h, and has NEVER gotten a hatchling sick. Moreover, I've been deliberately avoiding putting Astrael eggs in hatcheries until I've pollinated them to the right color. But I thought, alright, maybe I memory-holed adding my scroll to hatcheries, and there was an odd activity spike?

Just now I logged on to find another hatchling, this one <5d, had gotten sick since this morning when I checked. At that point I had the thought to check Allure of NDs. I've used Allure of NDs before, but only when I have an individual egg I want to hatch quickly -- I never add my full scroll. And lo and behold: I've attached the screenshots; my entire scroll was in Allure of NDs. Several items were also in The Hatching Club, which I have definitely never used. So my scroll was definitely added to hatcheries without my permission.

I figure this is basically untrackable, and luckily nothing died, so I don't need anything reversed; but I thought it might be worth mentioning anyway. (Apologies if there's a better place for me to report this; I haven't used the forums here in a hot minute.)

scroll_sabotage.jpg

scroll_sabotage_2.png

Unfortunately this type of thing is more or less thing that keeps happening in DC and has been problem for quite a few years. Nothing really can be done to people who do this for whatever reason they do it for.

All one can really do about this is keeping their scroll hidden, username off from dragon pages, and fog whenever being away for longer periods of time.

It happens all the time. It's infuriating but realistically there is nothing TJ can actually do to stop it entirely. Nasty People will always find a way.

It just happened to me too. Yesterday they added all my new eggs so they got sick but also removed all my growing hatchlings (??) I dont understand the logic but ok whatever haha

I've had more than one trade spoiled because somebody added it to a site.  Not sure if they were somebody I declined who was mad or if they were a well-meaning person worried that my 3d-something dragon was at risk of dying, but it happens a lot.

It's been a problem probably longer than hatchsites have been a thing.  The issue is there isn't really much that can be done about it.  TJ can't really do anything as far as I know since this happens off-site, and hatchsites would have to alter or maybe even totally redo their code to add more security measures (which also may add layers of inconvenience for many users who find the added risk is worth the convenience of less security measures).

And even that isn't a guarantee.  People could still do it the old fashioned way and attach it their sig on a larger forum or if there's other sites they could post them and such.

It happens. In a view-based game, it's unfortunately just going to be part of playing as there's not much to be done.

You can go to your account settings and hide your scroll to head this off.