Brite

ANSWERED:Nebula colors

Go to solution Solved by KageSora,

So a few times I've seen nebula hatchlings being traded with the user stating, "Will be red" or "Will be blue", but I'm wondering how people are able to know this beforehand. Is there some kind of trick I'm missing?

If you sort by breed the purples and blues sort together and under them the reds and greens. Hatchlings will sort under the group they belong in. So if a hatchling sorts under the purple/blue ones it will be purple or blue. If it was influenced female it will be blue. Likewise, if it sorts under the red/green ones you will know it is one of those and if influenced female it will be red.

You can use the temporary sort at the top right of your scroll.

Edited by purplehaze

You can also use a group to check--what I've done is I have a group that has one of each colored hatchling in it and the group is set to sort by breed.

Eggs will always sort under the blue/purple, but once it hatches as purplehaze said the ungendered hatchling will sort according to color.

This method allows for a quick check of which color group it'll be.

There's a few other breeds this sort of trick works with, including some where it works as an egg, though I'm blanking for the moment on which ones (I think Flare-tails?)

Oh I see. So sort two colors together and the hatchie will gender/color accordingly? Thanks, I'll definitely try these tricks :)

54 minutes ago, Throned said:

Oh I see. So sort two colors together and the hatchie will gender/color accordingly? Thanks, I'll definitely try these tricks :)

Just make sure to use breed sort, not manually sorting the colors together!  That's where using a group that just has your dragons you want to see comes in handy, instead of temporarily sorting your entire scroll then trying to find the correct breed to check.  (Just gotta remember to put the eggs/hatchlings in the group for checking)

3 hours ago, KageSora said:

Just make sure to use breed sort, not manually sorting the colors together!  That's where using a group that just has your dragons you want to see comes in handy, instead of temporarily sorting your entire scroll then trying to find the correct breed to check.  (Just gotta remember to put the eggs/hatchlings in the group for checking)

Gotcha. I just sorted by breed, so hopefully this next hatchie will color correctly soon. Thanks a lot! 

54 minutes ago, Throned said:

Gotcha. I just sorted by breed, so hopefully this next hatchie will color correctly soon. Thanks a lot! 

You're welcome!  Hopefully it turns out the color you want!

Once you get the hang of it, it can definitely help sometimes giving you a little more time to try and trade for the color you want.

15 hours ago, KageSora said:

(I think Flare-tails?)

Yes. They definitely sort under the correct color as eggs.