Rosedamai

Egg/hatchling memo system

Searched, didn't find-

With the release of the Astraels I've been having a bit of trouble tracking down which egg/hatchling I'd like to pollinate and which ones I'd like to trade.

As such, I'd like to propose a sort of memo system if that doesn't overload the site, of course. 

Basically you'd be able to leave a short memo on your egg/hatchling (I was thinking more of eggs when I thought of this, bc you can sort of use names as a memo in case of hatchlings but) so that you can keep track of what you were meaning to do with the egg/hatchling in question, without having to resort to google docs/excel or what have you.

I would also think that it would happen with lineage projects if you have multiples of the same egg

An example would be: 

-pollinate in 2 days time 

-IOU egg for so-and-so who's currently egglocked

-egg for lineage project, do not trade

-trade fodder

and so on.

It would only be visible to you, and would disappear when traded to another person, or frozen, or grown up and would basically take the space where descriptions are. 

You can do something of the sort, to a degree, using groups--it isn't as flexible as a proper memo would be, but you can do some!

I use groups for trading, dumping to the AP, different lineages, to be named dragons, etc. 

But a more flexible actual memo spot on-site would be useful!

A private sticky note system? Sounds ideal, the groups function isnt really intuitive for daily micromanagement and doesn't let you write down specifics.

3 hours ago, AzureWyrmsblood said:

A private sticky note system? Sounds ideal, the groups function isnt really intuitive for daily micromanagement and doesn't let you write down specifics.

9 hours ago, KageSora said:

You can do something of the sort, to a degree, using groups--it isn't as flexible as a proper memo would be, but you can do some!

I use groups for trading, dumping to the AP, different lineages, to be named dragons, etc. 

But a more flexible actual memo spot on-site would be useful!

yeah, I was thinking of a sticky note system, but was kind of on the fence about it bc what would happen if whatever I wanted to write down was too long, like "need to pollinate this with (insert code) dragon before 3:00 pm tmrw" and so thought abt putting the memo where descriptions would be? but a sticky note system would be ideal, I think. 

Plus it would fit lore-wise since, well, what we see are our "scrolls" after all :)

Edited by Rosedamai

Oh!  One other thing you can do in the meantime is use your forum notepad.  You can find that under "account" then "account settings" then "edit profile" then scroll to the bottom, below the pronoun field and such.

It would be ideal to have something on the main site itself since not everybody uses the forum and all, but that's also an alternative you can use for now without having to use an external program.  Though it still requires you to open a second site to get to.

Be nice if something like that could, in some fashion, be added to the main site.

3 hours ago, KageSora said:

Oh!  One other thing you can do in the meantime is use your forum notepad.  You can find that under "account" then "account settings" then "edit profile" then scroll to the bottom, below the pronoun field and such.

Using a google doc or notepad or irl sticky notes is probably more convenient at that point. :P

The advantage I'd see in a sticky-note addition to the scroll itself would be a more direct way of viewing your thoughts; I'd imagine a thumbtack icon beside a dragon on your scroll that when clicked or hovered, shows you your memo. 

13 minutes ago, AzureWyrmsblood said:

Using a google doc or notepad or irl sticky notes is probably more convenient at that point. :P

The advantage I'd see in a sticky-note addition to the scroll itself would be a more direct way of viewing your thoughts; I'd imagine a thumbtack icon beside a dragon on your scroll that when clicked or hovered, shows you your memo. 

This would also work! I do wonder how it'd be implemented on a phone though, like do you click the thumbtack icon? 

4 hours ago, KageSora said:

It would be ideal to have something on the main site itself since not everybody uses the forum and all, but that's also an alternative you can use for now without having to use an external program.  Though it still requires you to open a second site to get to.

Be nice if something like that could, in some fashion, be added to the main site.

Basically yeah, I am trying to suggest a system where you won't have to rely on other sites or programs! Thank you for the suggestion however :)

Yeah I'm gonna come in here with a very firm +1 because there's another game that does this fantastically.

Spoiler

721n6eb.png

J29Dp0u.png

Obviously it'd need to be tweaked for DC, but this is the kind of thing I'd like to see here, personally.

17 minutes ago, AzureWyrmsblood said:

Depends--some people don't want to download another app, or they don't actually want a Google account or to use Google products more than unavoidable.

In terms of pure convenience for people who don't care/already use something like gdocs I'd say they're about the same for simple notes, but the forum one has its advantages to certain people.

5 minutes ago, Rosedamai said:

Basically yeah, I am trying to suggest a system where you won't have to rely on other sites or programs! Thank you for the suggestion however :)

You're welcome!  I know not everyone knows about the forum notepad, and also not everyone thinks to use groups for notes like "to trade" so they're not bad to know for the moment, but I definitely like the idea of having one on the main game itself if possible!

27 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Depends--some people don't want to download another app, or they don't actually want a Google account or to use Google products more than unavoidable.

Ye I wouldn't know much about mobile site stuff, mine only gets used for reading since I hate the damned thing for anything else. 

Edit: Google Docs is more an example since it was mentioned earlier, but there's a lot of alternatives and native solutions like notepad, wordpad or whatever the notation apps are called on mobile and apple stuff.

Edited by AzureWyrmsblood

1 hour ago, AzureWyrmsblood said:

Ye I wouldn't know much about mobile site stuff, mine only gets used for reading since I hate the damned thing for anything else. 

Edit: Google Docs is more an example since it was mentioned earlier, but there's a lot of alternatives and native solutions like notepad, wordpad or whatever the notation apps are called on mobile and apple stuff.

True!  Though the benefit of the forum one is, like gdocs and other online services, you can use it regardless of device.  Which is also one reason why it would be super useful to have a native note feature in the game itself.

5 hours ago, Keileon said:

Yeah I'm gonna come in here with a very firm +1 because there's another game that does this fantastically.

Hide contents

721n6eb.png

J29Dp0u.png

Obviously it'd need to be tweaked for DC, but this is the kind of thing I'd like to see here, personally.

Omg I just saw this, this is wonderful!!