notecardPasta

Cursed Dragon Ideas

I was joking about the idea of a BSA that randomizes what alt a dragon will be (in contrast to the recent pollinate bsa) and it got the ball rolling on trying to think up some interesting but unhinged dragon mechanic ideas, feel free to add your own! 

Some of mine:

- A dragon with 10 alts that all correspond to the last digit of the sum of the numbers in its code. Alternatively the digit of the current second it hatches :)

- A dragon with alts that correspond to the chinese zodiac but they only are obtained in the corresponding irl year

- Once you've collected all zombie dragon variants you can use a bsa called amalgamate which removes the whole set from your scroll and turns it into an abomination

- A dragon with an alt that can only be gotten if an egg goes through EVERY bsa including bite, earthquake, and abandon (and kill if you really want to be evil)

- A dragon that gives every subsequent descendant from it a random chance to produce an egg of its species, even if both parents are 10 gens away and not even the same breed anymore 

- Dragon that only has a 1% chance of producing its own species and the rest are random other species

Edited by notecardPasta

Oh this is fun!

A dragon that, once a week, “triggers” random BSA from other dragons. You are not notified nor warned 

A mantis dragon. Males die after they breed, successfully or not. Females cannot breed with other dragons 

a single pixel Pygmy 

A dragon that is randomly any varient, and you can’t find out which type it can breed with until you try. If you guess wrong it refuses, and the random number generator spits out another option, preventing you from being able to work it out by process of elimination. Both partners in the breeding attempt go on cooldown, of course.

Maybe it’s a pygmy, maybe it’s a drake, won’t know until you try to breed it! Guess wrong and get a refusal, both dragons go on cooldown, and now it’s something else! Good luck getting an egg!

Dragon that will never breed again with the same mate.

I've thrown this idea out before, but here we go, Tiamat for DC. One head for every breed. After every update the poor spriters need to graft ANOTHER head onto the sprite.

EDIT: Tiamat for DC, Dnd already has one. Oof.

Edited by blockEdragon

On 8/8/2023 at 9:28 PM, blockEdragon said:

I've thrown this idea out before, but here we go, Tiamat for DND. One head for every breed. After every update the poor spriters need to graft ANOTHER head onto the sprite.

Diabolical, I think at this point it'd just be a ball

A dragon with 365 variants, one for each day of the year. Each of these variants has a unique zombie sprite.

A dragon with 6 different sprites that cycle throughout the day, somewhat like Stratos or SpiritWard dragons.

Except that its sprite will 'lock' into whichever form it's in when bred, then go back to rotating when bred again.

Imagine a dragon that, much like a cat dragging in small animals as gifts for you, drops a random egg from either the cave or the abandoned page into your scroll for you to suddenly deal with. 😄

Holiday x Holiday hybrids. Bonus points if it's between two different holiday periods XD

Edited by StarlightLion

Invisible dragon but the blank image is the largest size of any dragon so it takes up an excessive amount of space

a dragon with alts for every month, except every year the order is random

On 8/5/2023 at 7:03 AM, -Rinikka- said:

A mantis dragon. Males die after they breed, successfully or not. Females cannot breed with other dragons

How about a salmon dragon?  Takes three weeks to grow up, then both it and its mate die after breeding.   XD

On 10/21/2023 at 11:18 PM, sorenna said:

How about a salmon dragon?  Takes three weeks to grow up, then both it and its mate die after breeding.   XD

Ah yes. I'd hate that. 

In any case, dragons that grow old and die would be a total nightmare. Like a moth dragon, grows up only to die like 2 days after growing up. I'd cry

A dragon whose colors are changing CONSTANTLY. Gif dragon. or every time you refresh it's a different color. Good color combos. Bad color combos. Abominations of random pixel placements all over. It never ends. Never repeats. Endless

Edited by xenogender

32 minutes ago, xenogender said:

A dragon whose colors are changing CONSTANTLY. Gif dragon. or every time you refresh it's a different color. Good color combos. Bad color combos. Abominations of random pixel placements all over. It never ends. Never repeats. Endless

This honestly would be pretty fun if each individual on a page was randomized independent from each other. Imagine how chaotically fun their PBs would be. XD

5 minutes ago, TehyaFaye said:

This honestly would be pretty fun if each individual on a page was randomized independent from each other. Imagine how chaotically fun their PBs would be. XD

I have an even bigger idea. Unlimited Shapeshifting Dragon

Dragon that has alts from breeding with BSA dragons but it removes their ability to do the BSA ever again.

On 10/15/2023 at 3:14 PM, DogsRNice_ said:

Invisible dragon but the blank image is the largest size of any dragon so it takes up an excessive amount of space

a dragon with alts for every month, except every year the order is random

The invisible dragon is so funny LOL. Talk about an annoying idea.

How about a dragon type that requires a specific number of clicks to obtain an alt? And if you go even one click above, the opportunity is lost?