Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty-One

1 hour ago, trystan said:

as long as you vote, that's what's important. :)

Yup! And done!

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Yup! And done!

yay!

today is the day my dragons do nothing. XD

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, trystan said:

Definitely!

I always tell people if they don't vote, they're not allowed to pass judgement on the results.

Door is hung. Now he's adding bits to the gap so it can be latched as the door's too far away from the frame. I don't recall that being an issue when the other door went in many years ago. Sigh. I may end up paying a second person to come and inspect once he's finished.

Edited by Lagie

41 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Door is hung. Now he's adding bits to the gap so it can be latched as the door's too far away from the frame. I don't recall that being an issue when the other door went in many years ago. Sigh. I may end up paying a second person to come and inspect once he's finished.

Sounds pretty shoddy to me!

8 hours ago, trystan said:

hubby and i have been voting by mail since 2020. i thought this year, i'd vote in person, but then when i got reminders to register to vote by mail, i did that instead.

I meant to do voting by mail and completely forgot... Welp. 

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

I always tell people if they don't vote, they're not allowed to pass judgement on the results.

i say this too!

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

i think you need someone to come and inspect.... and rehang that door.  like purple says, that IS shoddy work!

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I meant to do voting by mail and completely forgot... Welp. 

make sure you vote in November!  democracy is on the line in this election 🤢

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Sounds pretty shoddy to me!

Yup.

37 minutes ago, trystan said:

think you need someone to come and inspect.... and rehang that door.  like purple says, that IS shoddy work!

And yup.

Vote! @AsymDoll13. You have to vote. Don't let the criminal orange dude win.

We have forest fires down south. The airport had to keep closing this morning due to the smoke.

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:
42 minutes ago, trystan said:

think you need someone to come and inspect.... and rehang that door.  like purple says, that IS shoddy work!

And yup.

older daughter and i made a door and hung it.  it wasn't perfect, but it was for the catio.  is your door a door to the outside?

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Don't let the criminal orange dude win.

this,, 5000%.

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:

We have forest fires down south.

oof, I'm sorry.

Just now, trystan said:

your door a door to the outside?

Front door and back door. Both go outside. Front door still does not latch, has to be deadbolted to stay closed. Back door finally latches, after two weeks of only the chain keeping me 'secure' but extra wood had to be added to get it to latch and there is no hole as yet for the deadbolt. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

I'm sorry

Thanks. It's a small island (18 x 7 miles) so fires are almost more scary than hurricanes (and they can be plenty scary).

15 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Front door and back door. Both go outside.

is the guy hanging the door a professional, or does he play one at your house? it might cost more, but if i needed a door hung, i'd pay for one from home depot or lowe's.  or the guys that did our screened-in porch at this house.

17 minutes ago, Lagie said:

fires are almost more scary than hurricanes

they're both scary! stay safe!

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Front door still does not latch, has to be deadbolted to stay closed. Back door finally latches, after two weeks of only the chain keeping me 'secure' but extra wood had to be added to get it to latch and there is no hole as yet for the deadbolt.

Sounds like a real amateur job!

Hope the fires are contained soon.

Some places in the US are starting to get smoke from Canadian wildfires again.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Vote! @AsymDoll13. You have to vote. Don't let the criminal orange dude win.

@AsymDoll13 is it too late for you to vote now in the primary? Even if it is you MUST vote in November! We can't let the wannabe fascist dictator win!!!!

19 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Some places in the US are starting to get smoke from Canadian wildfires again.

*raises hand* we might have icky air quality in the next few days, i think.

19 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

We can't let the wannabe fascist dictator win!!!!

5000% this,

I dunno if it's too late, but I'm for sure going to vote this November! My single vote may not do much, but it's better than nothing! 

if i remember correctly what state you might have mentioned that you're in (i could be wrong though), the primary election is May 21, which is next Tuesday.  google your state with "primary election 2024" and that will tell you.

some states have had just republican primaries or democratic primaries, or on different days.  i know here in PA, we had one primary election day, and i got my democratic ballot and hubby got his republican ballot.  we also got a mailer of people that the orange dude had endorsed, so hubby knew who not to vote for XD 

also, some states have open primaries or closed.  PA is a closed primary state - i only got the democratic people running.  the downside is that only those registered democrat or republican can vote, because there hasn't been a libretarian or independent primary in ....ever. but other states, no matter how you're registered, you could vote for whoever.  there was one state with open primaries, where if you were an independent voter, you could pick which ballot you wanted to vote on.

1 hour ago, trystan said:

if i remember correctly what state you might have mentioned that you're in (i could be wrong though), the primary election is May 21, which is next Tuesday.  google your state with "primary election 2024" and that will tell you.

some states have had just republican primaries or democratic primaries, or on different days.  i know here in PA, we had one primary election day, and i got my democratic ballot and hubby got his republican ballot.  we also got a mailer of people that the orange dude had endorsed, so hubby knew who not to vote for XD 

also, some states have open primaries or closed.  PA is a closed primary state - i only got the democratic people running.  the downside is that only those registered democrat or republican can vote, because there hasn't been a libretarian or independent primary in ....ever. but other states, no matter how you're registered, you could vote for whoever.  there was one state with open primaries, where if you were an independent voter, you could pick which ballot you wanted to vote on.

I went to look at the website that would let me sign up for a mail in vote thing, and I didn't see the primary election. I think that it's too late to get the ballot for it, since the election is really really soon. Just checked... 6 days. I'd need at least 11 to send it back, I think. 

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I went to look at the website that would let me sign up for a mail in vote thing, and I didn't see the primary election. I think that it's too late to get the ballot for it, since the election is really really soon. Just checked... 6 days. I'd need at least 11 to send it back, I think. 

The way it works in every state is different with deadlines and when you can register for a mail-in ballot, if you even can.

But if your primary is in 6 days, you can always go vote in person :)

If you're registered to vote, that is.  Pennsylvania has a website where you can look up your voter registration status. Your state might also have something like that.

Edited by trystan

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and crumpets with jam*

Bright, sunny, breezy.

@trystan and @purplehaze, he's supposedly a professional, has been doing carpentry stuff for years, but Julian and I are wondering if it's perhaps been too many years and he's now losing the plot.

@AsymDoll13, get out there on Tuesday and vote! ;) Every single vote makes a difference.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

@trystan and @purplehaze, he's supposedly a professional, has been doing carpentry stuff for years, but Julian and I are wondering if it's perhaps been too many years and he's now losing the plot.

see your word i bolded.....

i bred a dragon this morning, and i have another one hatching in a little bit! :D

Posted (edited)

see your word i bolded.....

XD

Yup. And he says now the job is totally finished, that everything latches.  Guess I'll find out when I get home. :P

Edit: The back door is fine. The front door, you can either have the latched door handle (which locks) or the deadbolt, not both. Sigh.

It's pouring rain!!! It hasn't properly rained in so long I cannot even tell you when last it did.

Oh, and the Samsung internet is finally working for DC and DCF again. For how long ... :P

Edited by Lagie
Updating

On 5/14/2024 at 5:15 PM, trystan said:

make sure you vote in November!  democracy is on the line in this election 🤢

I feel like democracy was on the line in previous elections too

7 hours ago, Lagie said:

Edit: The back door is fine. The front door, you can either have the latched door handle (which locks) or the deadbolt, not both. Sigh.

oof. i think you need someone else to look at your front door.....

7 hours ago, Lagie said:

the Samsung internet is finally working for DC and DCF again

woo hoo!

43 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

yes it was. it'll be on the line as long as there are election deniers in offices, and people who want to take away or restrict rights (especially voting rights) are in charge.

I swear that Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is getting weirder and weirder... Like... I'm not talking about the obvious weird stuff (magical powers practically, people not dying when they should, etc...), more the things that are weird that no one in the entire manga notice. There's a turtle in a chair in a nice cafe... No one saw that? Am I losing my mind? Probably. Probably. 

CRUMPETS!!!!!!!!!

...............incoming.....................................

lurvelly.

Still not home.

They decided to cross, floor varnish weirdness mojo with paint fumes mojo and are painting all the newly exposed walls made visible by everything being moved out.

Clearly the walls were asking for it.

grrffff

*attacks plate full of crumpets smothered in butter with a drizzle of honey*

Puss is acting very frail the last couple of days.

I still remember when he was brought home and dumped on me and Dad..........

A scrap of glaring furious fur that could fully sit on the palm of my hand.

🙃

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with marula jelly*

Bright and sunny!

woo hoo!

Didn't last. I'm back to Chrome this morning.

1 hour ago, sithdragon said:

floor varnish weirdness mojo with paint fumes mojo and are painting all the newly exposed walls made visible

OMG. Good thing you're not there. Both those could kill you. I hope they're working in hazmat suits.

9 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

It always is.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Didn't last. I'm back to Chrome this morning.

oh pffft.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:
12 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

It always is.

there were times where it wasn't as dire. 

when i was at the end of high school (late 80s), beginning of college, i was very in touch with politics.  my first few years in college as an Op-Ed writer for the campus paper, my pieces were either US or even international politics.  somewhere in there, the op-ed editor (before it was me) suggested i write more local pieces... like campus related articles.  and *poof* all following of any politics stopped.  some part of me knew that i'd be voting every other year - PA votes for Governor on the even years that aren't Presidential Elections.  i never doubted it.  so i bobbed along on the waters of democracy.  and then George W Bush showed up, as did a web site called theocracywatch.com (it's still there, just not updated).  and it got my hackles up, but only a little.  and then Obama was elected, and i went back to bobbing along.  so much so, that i always voted third party for president (except that one time i voted for the democrat in 2004 XD)

and then it all changed in 2016.  and it hasn't gone back.  it's too important to NOT pay attention.  this is the most insane it's ever been, because this time, the orange dude has people who know what they're doing, and they're the scary ones.

this is not really the thread for this, that's more the American Politics thread, so this is all i'll say about that.