Peregryn

ANSWERED:Ads rolling up from bottom of screen

Go to solution Solved by TJ09,

I'm getting them, too, on mobile. Usually it means the forum software has tweaked something that @TJ09 now needs to retweak. ;)

Google tends to run experiments on their ad platform from time to time. Site owners aren't notified ahead of time, but thankfully I can at least block them retroactively.

The "anchor ads," as Google calls them, should be no more.

Thank you so much! They were annoying me, too.  "Anchor ads", haha. An anchor is extremely useful and life-saving. ;)

Thank you TJ!

I know Google did this once before too so I am not surprised the source of this change is them messing around in the back end.

Thank you for fixing it! I was drowning towards the end there xD;  I appreciate your attention to these things.

On 5/5/2023 at 5:03 PM, TJ09 said:

Google tends to run experiments on their ad platform from time to time. Site owners aren't notified ahead of time, but thankfully I can at least block them retroactively.

The "anchor ads," as Google calls them, should be no more.

Thanks, TJ! I'm glad to hear you do have the ability to block them.

I guess Google figures it's such an 800-lb gorilla in the ad market that it can run experiments like that without warning or approval from the sites - it's not as if most site owners can afford to stop using Google Ads....