Peregryn

ANSWERED:Ads rolling up from bottom of screen

Go to solution Solved by TJ09,

As of just a little while ago, both the forum and DC have started showing ads that roll up from the bottom of the screen, in addition to the ads that appear on the pages themselves. I don't mind the regular ads, but I find these ones VERY annoying, because their rolling up into view draws my eyes away from the actual info on the page. And this is happening on every single page. It's so bothersome for me that I don't even want to go anywhere on the DC sites right now.

Does anybody know if this is a temporary glitch, or if these ads are here for good?

Here's a screenshot showing what I'm talking about:

Example of ad on page.jpg

I remember these ads showed up once before, and it caused so many problems for people hunting in the cave that TJ disabled them. I agree, they make catching in the biomes and AP very difficult, and it's worse when the ad scrolls up to where the egg is, and you click on the ad instead of the egg!

Edited by UnicornMaiden

Had one of these pop up for me earlier tonight too! 

I've started getting them on mobile, and they're doubling up with the regular ads...  😕

They need to go away.

This just started happening to me as well. It's quite annoying, and takes up too much space unless I click to close it every single time I load a page. I hope this is something that can be changed, because it's hard to enjoy the site right now.

Edited by gayrurumon

I started getting those adds too

They are awful
Huge bar of white which I need to click to hide on every single page, and it still sticks out slightly
I thought I got some sort of malware at first, because they didn't show up in private mode. But maybe that's because I wasn't logged in there 🤔

This is happening for me too (forum and DC) and the adds are covering the bottom of the descriptions in the cave as well as the bottom row in the AP. 

Screenshot_20230505_094906.thumb.jpg.d7463a2a248981f62d5ab031d1484e12.jpg

Screenshot_20230505_094844.thumb.jpg.1a38b3a6138f1d3d868b791df5ea2416.jpg

Screenshot_20230505_094751.thumb.jpg.35c4c1353b0ffb333208fc58107fb41c.jpg

Edited by BringsTheSnow

I agree this is a problem. It makes the AP hard to catch (mostly) eggs when you can't see 20% of the avaliable eggs.

Is this only on mobile ? I'm on a PC and I'm not getting it. @TJ09 - any thoughts ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

They're rolling down from the top on forums for me, but up from the bottom on the cave

10 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Is this only on mobile ? I'm on a PC and I'm not getting it. @TJ09 - any thoughts ?

They were showing up on PC for me

But now I don't see them anymore, maybe it's fixed?

I'm getting them on PC. it seems to be only or mostly on individual dragons' pages (I have ads blocked on hunting pages)

I had a problem with this earlier, I was annoyed to click the ad instead of an egg, but I figured it was a weird glitch on my phone. I hope it can be stopped, I don't mind the regular ads at all (I'm happy they help pay for the site) but ads that roll up onto the screen are really intrusive.

Edit (5/5 5:17est)
I got one in my cave, came to the forum to mention it happened on PC and add a screenshot in case it was useful, and got another one, clicked this thread to edit my post and got yet another (cropped since I don't wanna put other users' posts in my screenshots). Geez tho 0.o

Edit (5/5 5:20est)
Got one as soon as I went to the trading post. Then another coming to the forum (entirely new tab) and then ANOTHER when I opened this thread again in another new tab. Not bothering with more screenshots, seems like a waste when it's apparently every page for me right now. I think I'm not going to do any egg hunting today, this is bananas.

Edited by zippuzzle

Thankfully they seem to be gone now, and hopefully they'll never return.

It's a good thing this happened after the recent release, rather than during it. Can you imagine how annoyed folks would've been if those ads had been rolling up while they were hunting for the new eggs?

I just started getting these pop-up ads too, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. This happened at least once before and I do hope it can be fixed again.

EDIT They appear to be gone on the forums for me at least, but the main site still has them everywhere.

EDIT 2 Nevermind, they're back on the forums as well...

Edited by Rhikasa

Saw this post before I saw the rolling up ads.

Just saw the rolling ads from the bottom on my dragon page & came back to forum and found rolling ads from the top https://imgur.com/wNQDL8w

Edited by CuteDragons

The rolling ads are a pest since the time of the first post.  I checked forums to see if it had been reported, went to bed and they are still here when I get up.  Affecting both forum and game (I play on pc).  I do hope TJ is able to work his magic and make them disappear as he did previously.

Yes, it's driving me crazy and I'm already so unhappy.  It makes the whole screen blink and jerk.  What a mess.

I thought it was chrome at first, but my husband started complaining about it on Edge.

I wonder if it'll stop if I install an ad blocker - which is a shame, because I have actually used the other ones to shop.  And for all I know, it'll interfere so I can't play at all.  Everything since Sunday is pointing me to quit.

2 hours ago, CuteDragons said:

Saw this post before I saw the rolling up ads.

Just saw the rolling ads from the bottom on my dragon page & came back to forum and found rolling ads from the top https://imgur.com/wNQDL8w

Thing is, many of us never go the new releases due to the short drops and apparent rarity of them.  It would have been better then, because there were more eggs...

55 minutes ago, UnicornMaiden said:

The ads seem to have stopped for me.

They are still here for me. They aren't covering the eggs at the moment on the main page, but they are very distracting. 

10 minutes ago, daba555 said:

Everything since Sunday is pointing me to quit.

No ... I hope you won't! I have traded some things for most of mine. I traded caveborn hatchlings that were common and uncommon at best. One trade included a CB Equinox hatchling, a CB Pink hatchling, a 3rd even gen purebred Red, and a CB Pyrovar hatchling; for those four hatchlings, I received one gold egg. Another trade of mine included these four CB hatchlings: Red, Fell, Dark Lumina, and Sawtooth. I received one gold egg for that trade, also. Both of those trades were made yesterday. so it is possible to trade for these eggs without offering super rare items. I also traded for one of the gold eggs for a CB Xeno Aso egg. I agree they have been somewhat difficult for me to find in the cave; I have seen them fly by, but I haven't been quick enough to grab them. However, being able to trade for them fairly easily gives me hope. Please don't give up.

Just found them appearing on a hatchery site as well. 

https://imgur.com/hG5cCmB

32 minutes ago, daba555 said:

Yes, it's driving me crazy and I'm already so unhappy.  It makes the whole screen blink and jerk.  What a mess.

I thought it was chrome at first, but my husband started complaining about it on Edge.

I wonder if it'll stop if I install an ad blocker - which is a shame, because I have actually used the other ones to shop.  And for all I know, it'll interfere so I can't play at all.  Everything since Sunday is pointing me to quit.

Thing is, many of us never go the new releases due to the short drops and apparent rarity of them.  It would have been better then, because there were more eggs...

Hi, I hope you don't feel too discouraged by the NR. Not sure which one are you trying to get?

The blue one is pretty scarce but they should come around again soon.

The orange one is often seen in the biomes during hourly drops and sometimes 5-min shuffle. If you couldn't catch one yourself, it's always a good idea to check the trading market, and like missy said above, it's always possible to land a deal with what you have to offer.

The Pygmies are appearing constantly in the jungle and I hope you would be able to get what you wished. 

Edited by CuteDragons

Holy Crud, I'm glad people are talking about this. These ads kept ruining my egg hunts last night. Hopefully TJ will do something about this soon...

Also getting these on PC. I recall this happening before and TJ stomped it out. I wonder if they returned because something ad-wise updated without TJ noticing. Hopefully this can be fixed quickly.