TJ09

2023-04-30 - April Dragon Release

I love the visual !!! Regardless of what the mechanic ends up being, I love lore in games and lore expansions/additional visuals for it/etc just makes me so happy, this release has been great

Yes!!! Love for visual! Very helpful.

One thing that's confusing me, and a few others, is the coloured sections on the moon graphic seem to indicate the shadows? It kind of works on light theme, but in dark themes it looks totally backwards. Both moons are waxing gibbous so they should look like: 🌔

image.png.a21df9bbb21a7591095670b2628f5e9c.png

image.png.0aa6f7df233ad11ba414706c9a9acaff.png

In dark theme it looks more like waning gibbous 🌘

This means when the moons look like this: image.png.a58ea010743d680445beb5b116d470b6.png They're actually full? And when they look like this image.png.19ae2b126fb63e95f403f63e4cd9a12c.png it's a new moon, not visible. It seems a little backwards. Since the moons colours are blue and gold I think it'd be more clear if they were in full colour, and the shadows show up as black.

EDIT: for some reason can't get rid of this below image

image.png

Edited by Murkydepths

At this point, as they said  create interesting tidal patterns , ,I hope to see dragons depends on moon phase in coast only some day.[/color]

Ah, now that's interesting.

Hey all, come yell with me at the DC Moon Watch thread about the lovely work: 

I think we'll see the silver Sonatas the day of the eclipse.

also theories about Sonata breeding are welcome!

What is currently going on alpine?

Now it's happening on volcano - 

Edited by sh20000sh

1 hour ago, sh20000sh said:

2 minutes ago, Aurora-Silver said:

Just discovered it, thats so cool!

???? What's going on, nothing looks weird to me??

8 hours ago, Murkydepths said:

Yes!!! Love for visual! Very helpful.

One thing that's confusing me, and a few others, is the coloured sections on the moon graphic seem to indicate the shadows? It kind of works on light theme, but in dark themes it looks totally backwards. Both moons are waxing gibbous so they should look like: 🌔

image.png.a21df9bbb21a7591095670b2628f5e9c.png

image.png.0aa6f7df233ad11ba414706c9a9acaff.png

In dark theme it looks more like waning gibbous 🌘

This means when the moons look like this: image.png.a58ea010743d680445beb5b116d470b6.png They're actually full? And when they look like this image.png.19ae2b126fb63e95f403f63e4cd9a12c.png it's a new moon, not visible. It seems a little backwards. Since the moons colours are blue and gold I think it'd be more clear if they were in full colour, and the shadows show up as black.

EDIT: for some reason can't get rid of this below image

image.png

Oh gosh I didn't even think of dark themes. Personally I think it would be clearer to have solid moon graphics, with proper dark and light instead of transparency. If it's not easy to do that in blue and gold, have them be regular moon colours like the emojis and only keep a blue/gold outline to show which one's which. 

Edited by MissK.

Yooo that new moon graphic looks so neat, having a visual to go on will be really helpful, I think! Though I agree with other comments on here that it's a little confusing on dark mode.

This addition makes me hope for even more dragons tied to the moon cycles in the future. So much potential! 🌙

2 hours ago, lucky15371 said:

???? What's going on, nothing looks weird to me??

All looks normal to me, too.  What are we missing . . . ?

At some point earlier the alpine was completely devoid of eggs; they were all taken within a very short timeframe. I can imagine that the first message is referring to this, and the "Just discovered it, thats so cool!" might just be completely unrelated and referring to the new graphic lunar calendar - because that honestly IS very cool! :D

6 hours ago, Camilo543HF said:

so for the too lazy to look at the visual calendar, when is the eclipse?

You're gonna a have to just pay attention to the time page and the graphics because nobody knows with 100% certainty yet since this will be the first time this mechanic has been trackable (as it has never been relevant before)

Currently the theory is 8pm (cave time) on May 10th to 8pm on May 11th, as that should be the next full moon for the gold one and every 4 gold full moons there's a dual Lunar eclipse according to the encyclopedia.

The graphic will be likely of use in telling if an eclipse is happening more often than that, since those are 128 days apart.  So...  you'll have to just keep an eye on it until we have a pattern worked out (which could take a fair while)

4 hours ago, sh20000sh said:

Sometimes people just cycle the cave looking for eggs.  It may or may not be a coordinated thing, or just people seeing eggs being grabbed and grabbing them too for some reason.

Someone please break it all down for this old lady. So will blues drop again? Silver drops? 

12 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Someone please break it all down for this old lady. So will blues drop again? Silver drops? 

The blues might drop when blue Lunars drop again? Silvers will hit once the eclipse happens

Edit: We have no guarentee of when blues drop again

Edited by MoonlitEevee

2 minutes ago, MoonlitEevee said:

The blues might drop when blue Lunars drop again? Silvers will hit once the eclipse happens

ok So when will this happen? I really am bummed about this one I have 4 gold/orange ones and have not seen a blue one at all. Not in the market even.  I guess IF the blue one hit the market I will get them then. But I will just have to get over the silver ones 

Thank you MoonlitEevee

7 minutes ago, Merlot said:

ok So when will this happen? I really am bummed about this one I have 4 gold/orange ones and have not seen a blue one at all. Not in the market even.  I guess IF the blue one hit the market I will get them then. But I will just have to get over the silver ones 

Thank you MoonlitEevee

No problem, I think a lot of people were expecting blues to drop once Cirion started the waxing gibbous phase but I think since Aurex is still in the waxing gibbous stage that it's too bright for blues to drop

Just now, DarkellaLord said:

I've read most of this thread, but i am still scared I'd miss a silver drop.

Nope! No silvers missed yet. The thread would have exploded otherwise

18 minutes ago, MoonlitEevee said:

Nope! No silvers missed yet. The thread would have exploded otherwise

I can only imagine...I hope that the eclipse is happening not tomorrow.