TJ09

2023-04-30 - April Dragon Release

By the way, what defines the egg price in the market?

Does each breed have a fixed price, or it will change depending on its popularity and rareness?

It would be a pity if the silvers become extremely expensive even in the market.

3 hours ago, ravensunset said:

I really don't think the silver will only be available three days the whole year. We'll see when the eclipse comes, maybe, but I really don't think that is the case ... it might end up very rare, but I think the mechanic will make sense when we find it.

I agree.  I would think we can breed them from the a blue/gold pair perhaps during the eclipse.  Mine are staying virgins until I know for sure! :D 

5 minutes ago, Bobby_the_Drifter said:

By the way, what defines the egg price in the market?

Does each breed have a fixed price, or it will change depending on its popularity and rareness?

It would be a pity if the silvers become extremely expensive even in the market.

They vary according to supply and demand. No-one knows quite how that one works. But they change constantly - just watch !

from the description:

those born under the eclipse are especially gifted in magic, capable of drawing strength from both Aurax and Cirion.

I think that the odds are very, very good you get silver by breeding gold and blue, and hopefully if will be a 24-hour window.  We'll see. :) 

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Do you have a job, or children ? I can see it now - your youngest throws up and you have to take her to the doctor and on for tests.... - on that ONE day you could have got one. I do hope it isn't like that. I cannot believe @birdzgoboom would have set it up like that.  Also there are many of us with dodgy internet (at the moment, till they fix it, that includes me  :( ) 24 hours in every 128 days is not OK for very many dedicated players. (and at least one can get a neglected any time of year, And trade for them - I can't see anyone trading silver sonatas if this were the mechanic....)

Sure you aren't obliged to think of other players' feelings, but I think you may be in a tiny tiny minority here. And I am happy if it makes the game more fun for you - I suspect that you may be alone in your view, and I would feel very sorry for virtually every other player.

Yeah, I'm alright with being in the minority - like I joked about in my first comment, it does sometimes feel like I'm the sole target audience of some of these high-difficulty mechanics. On the other hand, there are plenty of popular mechanics that I don't personally like. It's all subjective and that's fine. A healthy community requires space for lots of different perspectives to be able coexist, that's how it's meant to be. :)

I don't have a job or children, but I do have debilitating nerve damage that sometimes takes me out for weeks on end, so it's not like missing out on stuff is a foreign concept to me. However, I'm also not in the habit of making some stranger's hobby project responsible for my personal happiness, so I tend to just move on and try to catch up on stuff another time. I'm not under the illusion that me being annoyed means the game has to change for me. If TJ thinks challenging mechanics are fun, let the man live, he's the one who puts in the work, he should get to decide which direction he thinks the game should go. DC is free, I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Others have previously pointed out that this game's playerbase has a problem with entitlement and I'm inclined to agree. If someone isn't having fun, that sucks, but their emotions are not my responsibility. They can just go do something else while I enjoy my little clicky game. I don't think that makes me insensitive, I think it just makes me emotionally well-adjusted and aware of appropriate social boundaries, really. ^^;

Everyone is entitled to their feelings, but I don't think it's worth arguing about. Getting worked up over possibilities isn't productive either.

This game, like many online games, is going to reward those with fast internet and lots of time to play. It's the reality of these online games. Anytime things are in competition, those with faster internet and time to play are going to have an advantage. When I play here, I fully accept the rules of the game and work within those rules. That's part of the game. 

If these dragons were all easy to get, then none would have more perceived value than others. That would make the game more boring. Do I want to find more Golds, Silvers, Stats in the caves? Darn straight I do! Do I want a silver Sonata? YES! But it will be fun WHEN we find out how to get them, and then work our strategies to make it happen. I think a lot of people are excited about this new concept, whatever it may turn out to be.

Heck, we just received FREE a beautiful new pygmy and TWO colors of Sonata (a name I love as a music major ..😁). The last dragon game I played had big gorgeous dragons but to get them you had to buy gems and other items. Real money, easily $50-$100/month if you wanted to be competitive. I left behind 700+ dragons there. Never looked back.

This is an incredible, fun and interesting game. It's a game that I plan to stick with for a long time, if TJ can continue to put up with all of us.  I'm looking forward to discovering the secrets of the silver Sonatas, even if it means one day every 128 days. And I'm looking forward to the upcoming Dragon Cave 17th Anniversary release this month. May it be as crazy as they want to make it! 😂

I've never been one to like entitlement. The thing with making something easier is it actually sometimes hurts a game. If every dragon was easy to get, the game would loose a lot of appeal ( I left for 13 years cause got bored of DC once got my Golds and Silvers). There is also a degree of satisfaction people get when they finally achieve something they worked to obtain. Those that are entitled to have something handed to them are the ones in the minority as this game has worked on rarity and hard to get dragons and unbreedables for years and it has grown hugely compared to back in 2010, so I'd say the difficulty is liked by the majority.

In the end, it's pixels on a web site, as others said, a FREE website. There's a high number of players that do not like Pay to win and whales (I'm a whale :P). I'm glad this game gives me a challenge that I can't  be tempted to buy my way to the top and that gives me an advantage, one that everyone can obtain if they use the market.

13 hours ago, KageSora said:

Hm, so.  Once the silvers are added...  I wonder how many people simply won't be able to buy them in the market for the first release?  I mean, I doubt most of us would be willing to put such eggs in a hatch site right away so they won't have the ability to easily click and view a bunch of them to unlock the silver eggs.

Can anyone tell me what happened during the Lunar Herald release, as far as unlocking egg sprites in the Market? I know they released over a period of weeks, but I don't know if players unlocked, say, the gold Lunar Herald egg, if it would automatically change to an unlocked (able to be purchased) blue Lunar Herald egg in the Market once the moon phase changed. If it doesn't automatically unlock, how many egg clicks on a silver Sonata will it take to unlock the silver egg in the Market? Is it just one click for the Market or is it more? (Based on players' past experiences with other breeds.)

5 minutes ago, missy_ said:

how many egg clicks on a silver Sonata will it take to unlock the silver egg in the Market? Is it just one click for the Market or is it more? (Based on players' past experiences with other breeds.)

Not sure about auto unlock, if not than click 5 silver eggs or owned 1.

Edited by D-wing

22 minutes ago, nataliarocks1317 said:

Does anyone know definitively when the blues are going to start dropping in the cave? I've managed to get like 10 golds and no blue :(

No one know in this time, but in principle they'll show on market if available.

42 minutes ago, D-wing said:

Not sure about auto unlock, if not than click 5 silver eggs or owned 1.

That's for unlocking the Encyclopedia. I thought unlocking the Market was different? But I'm not sure.

55 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Can anyone tell me what happened during the Lunar Herald release, as far as unlocking egg sprites in the Market? I know they released over a period of weeks, but I don't know if players unlocked, say, the gold Lunar Herald egg, if it would automatically change to an unlocked (able to be purchased) blue Lunar Herald egg in the Market once the moon phase changed. If it doesn't automatically unlock, how many egg clicks on a silver Sonata will it take to unlock the silver egg in the Market? Is it just one click for the Market or is it more? (Based on players' past experiences with other breeds.)

I double checked the dates because I couldn't remember. Lunar Heralds predate the marketplace, so most players probably had the sprites all unlocked to begin with. I am curious as to how this will work with the Sonatas. Maybe a newer player would know how the Lunar Heralds worked before they had all the sprites unlocked.

11 minutes ago, missy_ said:

That's for unlocking the Encyclopedia. I thought unlocking the Market was different? But I'm not sure.

I remember that unlock the egg in encyclopedia = unlock the market? Anyway >1 but no more than 5! XD

1 hour ago, nataliarocks1317 said:

Does anyone know definitively when the blues are going to start dropping in the cave? I've managed to get like 10 golds and no blue :(

I see the Sonata egg in the market (200 shards) and only see the gold available. I think it unlocks in the market once you unlock the full growth phase in the encyclopaedia. 

I feel the Sonata egg will be like the Lunar Herald eggs with different eggs (silver, gold, bronze, blue) showing up in the market at different times. I.e. right now only golds are dropping but once it's time for the blue to drop, the market will switch to only offering blue. Same again when silvers are dropping. 

I have a site I use that shows the calendar and when different Lunar Heralds are dropping. I think eventually they'll update it with the Sonata variants once the pattern is figured out. 

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what happens in the market if you've unlocked, say, gold Lunar Heralds but the silver ones are available at the moment? Do you get the option to buy one or no...? I imagine the Sonatas would work similarly, so it could give us some answers about what would happen if the silver one does become available in the market during the eclipse. 

1 hour ago, MissK. said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what happens in the market if you've unlocked, say, gold Lunar Heralds but the silver ones are available at the moment?

This was my question, as well. I may not have phrased it well?

Oh woops I think I missed that part haha! Maybe someone new who unlocked the breeds after the market was in place can tell us.

Well, the gold Sonata shows up for me in the market when I only have the blue Sonata unlocked in the encyclopedia. If that helps?

(Regarding the Lunar Heralds, however, I cannot help. Pretty sure I had them fully unlocked before the market.)

36 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Well, the gold Sonata shows up for me in the market when I only have the blue Sonata unlocked in the encyclopedia. If that helps?

That's intriguing! So if I understand you correctly, in the encyclopedia your gold Sonata egg sprite is not unlocked? 

2 minutes ago, missy_ said:

That's intriguing! So if I understand you correctly, in the encyclopedia your gold Sonata egg sprite is not unlocked? 

same for me! I have only unlocked the blue one, but I can still buy the orange one in the market. 

I hope that silvers are gonna be in the market. Plus I'd love some kind of sign, that they are silver now/ I know there is some kind of banner for lunar heralds and gemshards. I dunno where to get them, but I hope there will be something for silvers too=)

if by chance the silver sonatas are a 24 hour thing only, i'll be more than happy to give away any i catch once i've got a breeding pair caught

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

The gold egg is unlocked now, but I can’t remember if it was when I bought a gold from the market. But it’s only the egg that is unlocked in the encyclopedia, the hatchies and adult are still greyed-out.

Just now, Pliskin said:

The gold egg is unlocked now, but I can’t remember if it was when I bought a gold from the market. But it’s only the egg that is unlocked in the encyclopedia, the hatchies and adult are still greyed-out.

I even don’t see grey( silver ) shadows ! I only see orange and blue sonata and they are unlocked ! In market I also see only orange egg