ArgentiAertheri

Group/fertility tag list

I know I’m not the only one who wishes there was a list of all the tags we can use to filter our dragons when making groups or using fertility, so I decided to start one!

Filter by generation:

• #cb — all cave born dragons
  • #bred — all non-cb dragons of any generation 
  • #2g, #3g, etc — all 2nd, 3rd, etc generation dragons only (excludes other generations)

Filter by source:

• #alpine, #coast, #desert, #forest, #jungle, #volcano — only shows cave born dragons from that biome
  • #cave
  • #market

Filter by breed:

• You need to have unlocked the breed in the encyclopedia to search by breed. For anything you haven’t unlocked check Encyclopedia Helpers, Dragon Encyclopedia spreadsheet, or Zombie spreadsheet.
    • #unknownbreed shows anything you haven’t unlocked or that doesn’t have an entry (like leetle trees and new releases)
  • black (no #) — black dragons, black tea/truffle/marrow, any dragons with black in their name
    • Includes anything with the word “black” in the breed/name/code, not case sensitive 
    • #blackdragon — excludes all that except black dragons
  • #aeonwyvern, #albinodragon, #aeriaglorisdragon, etc — use the encyclopedia name
    • Must use the full encyclopedia name, #aeon doesn’t work
    • For xenos its #xenowyrmaquilo, #xenowyrmaso, etc — no spaces or punctuation
    • Drop the punctuation in tri-horn wyvern, two-finned bluna, etc
    • The holiday dragons are #holidaydragon2007, #holidaydragon2008, etc — their nicknames (holly, yulebuck, etc) do not work
    • Valentines and Halloween dragons are as expected, with Val ‘09 being #valentinedragon2009
    • Prizes are #prizedragoneastern and #prizedragonwestern
    • Seasonals seem to need the season specified: #seasonaldragonspring works, #seasonaldragon doesn’t 
    • Zombies are actually #undeaddragon
  • Pygmy will currently find all pygmies except pumpkins purely by chance as they all have pygmy in their bred names
    • Also misses #redtailedwyrm
  • For non-dragons:
    • #paperdragon and #cheesedragon
    • gallus (no #) will find anything with the word gallus involved, including chickens
    • #<i>Gallusgallusdomesticus</i> with the html tags <i></i> will show just chickens
    • Same idea for dinos: #<i>Diplodocuscarnegii</i> - yellow,  #<i>Parasaurolophuscyrtocristatus</i> - green,  #<i>Pterodactylusmaximus</i> - purple,  #<i>Stegosaurusstenops</i> - red,  #<i>Triceratopshorridus</i> - blue

Other filters:

• #group-name (replace spaces by dashes, may need to remove other punctuation)
  • Body plan: #western, #wingless, etc (encyclopedia only, full list of body plans)

What am I missing? Let’s crowdsource as complete a list as possible!

Thanks to:

• GhostMouse
  • Azarkiel

• Shadowdrake

• Aleoleo

Edited by ArgentiAertheri
Adding Aleole's discoveries

This is a great idea.

Pygmy also misses Red-Tailed Wyrms because they don't have pygmy in the name.

#cave and #market work like the other biome tags.

use a # if you want to use the "proper" name, also seems like partial matches don't work (ie #red gives nothing, it needs to be the full #reddragon)

otherwise searching a string will search... that string in a dragon's name, code, or breed

ie: "red" will find red dragons, red tailed wryms, ochredrakes,  or any dragons with "red" in their name or code, case-insensitive

Also you cannot find dragons that you have not unlocked in the encyclopedia. I believe it's by stage you're searching for (would a egg/hatchie/adult have the breed name) So if you've unlocked eggs, but you have an adult you're looking for, your search won't find them till you unlock adults.

Just plain "gallus" seems to work for chickens. Interesting that the full-name doesn't.

Oh, maybe it should also be noted that zombies are actually called Undead Dragons. Undead or #undeaddragon works, but searching zombie doesn't.

You can use #unknownbreed for dragons you haven't unlocked in encyclopedia or don't have one, like new releases and leetle trees.

Chickens can be searched with #<i>gallusgallusdomesticus</i> (you have to include the html tag). I suspect dinos also need the html tag with their species name such as #<i>triceratopshorridus</i> (but I don't have dinos so I can't check)

Edited by Shadowdrake

I tested the triceratops tag with the html and can confirm that works (so I assume the other dinos would work that way as well). I would never have guessed that! Also "triceratops horridus" and "gallus gallus domesticus" (no quotes, no hashtags, using spaces) work as well.

2 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Chickens can be searched with #<i>gallusgallusdomesticus</i> (you have to include the html tag). I suspect dinos also need the html tag with their species name such as #<i>triceratopshorridus</i> (but I don't have dinos so I can't check)

That has to be a bug right? How did you even discover that?!

25 minutes ago, ArgentiAertheri said:

That has to be a bug right? How did you even discover that?!

I remembered someone else had a bug where the italics species displayed <i> in the tab, so decided to give it a shot. I think it's an oversight by TJ if he remembered to remove parentheses but not html tags.

This is very helpful, thank you!

I recently discovered that filtering by group is possible: #group-name (ignore all punctuation in group name and replace spaces by dashes)

In the Encyclopedia it's also possible to filter by body plan (#western, #wingless, and so on) but sadly it doesn't work for Fertility or Groups.