KageSora

Ability To Auto Accept a Trade?

So, I don't know if this is something that TJ can code in (or, well, I imagine it's possible but I have no idea how much work that would take and if it's something TJ would deem to be too complex to be worth doing and all) but...

Many times, much to my frustration, somebody will offer the exact thing I'm looking for on a trade, but they'll do so when I'm offline and by the time I get back they've understandably withdrawn their offer because they don't want it tied up indefinitely and all that.  But there are certain things that I automatically accept from the first person to offer it, and if there were a way to set that up to happen by the site so that they don't have to wait around hoping I see it in time...  Well, that would be nice.

Something where you can set a handful of parameters, basically.

Something like these, with the default options set to "any":

• Breed
  • Stage (egg, s1 hatchling, s2 hatchling)
  • Gender (if applicable)
  • Variant (if applicable--such as, say, Fire Gems where you might want to swap colors)
  • Time remaining (in chunks, even something as simple as 4+ days left or under 4 days left, not accounting for influence which wears off*)
  • CB or bred**

*I suggest something like 4+/under 4 because that gives time for you to log on, notice the trade was auto-completed, and influence if that was important.  It wouldn't be super helpful to be auto-accepting an egg with 3 days left except you get on and now it's down to 2.5 days left and you can't influence it anymore.  Then again, if that was super important you could just put it up for a gendered hatchling only I suppose...

**This would be the one thing that I think would be rather complex, so the option would have to be kept very simple and unfortunately would probably mean excluding being able to set it up for specific lineages.  I imagine it would be way too much work to code in every single lineage configuration users might want especially if they're looking for a specific type of lineage but unrelated to specific dragons (such as those building SAltkin lines and wanting to avoid inbreeding or something)...

But it'd be nice if you could, say, put something up for offer and have it auto-accept if somebody offered, say, a CB Male White dragon or auto-accept for any lineage Stat.

It would have to list the parameters on the trade page, of course, so that people making offers know in advance if they have something that will guarantee them getting it--and maybe some sort of flag on the Trade Hub that indicates the offer has one or more auto-complete options.  And there'd need to be a limit just for practicality's sake--it would be a pain to look through a list of, say, 60 different breeds with auto-accept conditions.  Something like capping out at 2-5 would make more sense.

So, IDK if it's even viable, but it would sure be helpful, at least for those who have specific dragons they 100% want to accept if offered.

I like the idea in principle, but have a teeny reservation here. Once I offered on a trade - stupidly not checking more than the lineage, which was exactly what I wanted. The egg arrived, with a HUGE view count - and promptly died before I could even ward it. I was even on line to accept it - if I'd been off, there would have been even less chance to save it. I don't imagine this would happen often, and as as I breed for free it wasn't the major issue it might have been for some people, but still....

8 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I like the idea in principle, but have a teeny reservation here. Once I offered on a trade - stupidly not checking more than the lineage, which was exactly what I wanted. The egg arrived, with a HUGE view count - and promptly died before I could even ward it. I was even on line to accept it - if I'd been off, there would have been even less chance to save it. I don't imagine this would happen often, and as as I breed for free it wasn't the major issue it might have been for some people, but still....

That's a good concern, but to be fair I've also accepted trades and then forgotten to check if an egg was in hatch sites and I came back the next day to a very sick hatchling that thankfully pulled through.  Still, something I didn't take into account and important to consider.

A possible way around this would be to add in a "views" parameter (possibly both OV and Total Views,  or maybe just one of them) that would let you limit it in some ways--maybe like for total views "0-1000", "1001‐2000", "2001-3000", "3001‐4000", "4001+" (or different increments than 1000).  Or allow a user-define "minimim" and "maximum" range (IDK if that would be harder to code in though)