DragonsOfDiscord

Murder mystery help needed [may contain spoilers]

Needing some help with the murder mystery, at some points it feels like I collected evidence, yet I can't find where to use it or how.

Currently my guess is on [REDACTED] but I'm unsure how to convey that.

Try to think about what each character's role is, servant, guest, family member etc. And try to connect dots to where who would be in what position to do the deed and what they could have used to do it. Also think about motive, so who stands to gain from killing King, whether that gain be revenge, inheritance, or pure spite? I know this isn't very specific, but I hope it helps somewhat. Also if you get it wrong, you can just close and reopen to try again without needing to reset all your progress.

I got it right on my second try!

I always like to suspect the least suspecting in these situations. Don't worry about the dragons that have actual visible grudges against the victim. Not sure what else to say without giving away the answer

There isn't an option to "use" or go over the evidence-- once you accuse someone, the evidence will be presented-- if you've collected enough, that is! >:'D 

So is this properly solved if you get to "Fin"? Or could you have accused a wrong dragon?

1 hour ago, Astreya said:

So is this properly solved if you get to "Fin"? Or could you have accused a wrong dragon?

it depends on what scene plays out after you accuse someone. The first time I did it and got it wrong, everyone went home, but I got "something still felt wrong" and then someone visits you in the night saying they're tying up a loose end and then it finishes, but that means you accused the wrong dragon. You'll know you accused the right dragon when the evidence is presented and the accused admits that they did it. It will end in Fin no matter what you choose.

I jumped at cliches and was rewarded when all the evidence pointed in the direction I was looking. Probably the closest thing I can say to the answer without outright giving a name.

Edited by Deixis
typo

I guessed the murderer and said so, but the end scenes said I didn't have the proof.   I had seen what I knew was proof, but apparently didn't see all the proof, so I had to go back.  Once I had all the proof and guessed it again, I saw the end scenes that showed I had solved it.

If you guess incorrectly, you go home and then are murdered. 

If you guess correctly, but without having seen all the proof,  you are told you need to have proof.  

If you guess correctly after having seen all the proof, the game wraps up and the scenes confirm you guessed correctly.  

If you explore all the rooms, and just talk to all the dragons, you will have the evidence you need and probably a good idea of who to suspect. The only "hard" room I guess is the gem dragon, she talks a lot and it can use all your turns.

Edited by Ashywolf

Ran through it again and found out there's actually 2 successful endings!

Hint: 

Spoiler

Has to do with the niece.

Had a great holiday the other week, obs up to see my neice :) Amazing what she's learning these days

All Joeking aside, it was like I'd been zombiefied once I got back though 😉