Arcy

RotZ: Show area of effect while placing tower

just a smol suggestion for Rise of the Zombies next year: highlighting tiles affected by the tower currently selected (placing or moving)

it can be hard to visualize especially considering some have vague descriptions like "nearby"

image.png.bbc28a19da430f8d73197e01b3a0b866.png

YES PLEASE please please please please!! 

I mentioned this in the news thread, it really would be SO helpful. Especially for the dragons with vague terminology (White dragons, exactly which tiles are included in 'surrounding'?) Honestly I also have trouble figuring out words like 'adjacent' and 'radius', like in general I understand those words but trying to apply them to tiles on a board is difficult. I can only imagine it must be harder for some users with limited English. 

Support. Visualizing the AoE is kind of difficult for me and I've had to refer to the Fandom article to see which tiles are affected.

On 10/30/2022 at 12:44 AM, HeatherMarie said:

Especially for the dragons with vague terminology (White dragons, exactly which tiles are included in 'surrounding'?) Honestly I also have trouble figuring out words like 'adjacent' and 'radius', like in general I understand those words but trying to apply them to tiles on a board is difficult. I can only imagine it must be harder for some users with limited English. 

It is - thanks for this! You are absolutely right. In general, I think sites that have users from around the world should, whenever possible, avoid using unnecessarily complex or vague language. That would even be helpful for some English-speaking players, like someone who is younger or has reading difficulties. I do not mean that the writing would need to be simplified at the expense of artistry. It's just something to be aware of. And when there are no good alternatives to difficult or unclear terminology, then a suggestion like this would very easily help more players to understand the instructions and enjoy the game. 😸

Support 200%!! It was something that really confused me cause I often needed to check again the area of effect and try to elaborate it in my mind so it will be very helpful in every way.  How Lushwave said, a visual aid is always a plus.

Also another suggestion; maybe right-clicking/left-clicking for grab and release for the towers on PC instead of clicking > clicking action > act. It can be implemented while leaving the option of "delete" tower on a corner maybe? Idk, just wished it has more easy mobility I think.

Edited by Yashiro

YES please. I don't see why not.

However on right clicking - dunno about that one, I don't have a mouse (play on laptop) and trying to drag while right clicking is like impossible for me.