Aie

Folders and sorting for group menu

Groups are an incredibly useful feature and I'm glad we got them, but now that they've been around for a while, I know many users, myself included, have a ton of them. Which means it has become difficult to locate the right group in the dropdown menu. I've tried to use the alphabetical sorting to keep certain types of groups together by naming those groups based on their 'type', such as "lyrical: Song Name" and "lyrical: Different Song Name" or "holiday: Halloween" and "holiday: Valentine", but the fact remains that my list of groups is getting uncomfortably long.

I wish groups themselves could be grouped, i.e. put in different folders, like most browsers let you do with website bookmarks. That way, when you opened the dropdown menu to pick groups for a dragon, you could click open the relevant folders and choose the relevant groups without having to scroll through a seemingly endless list. Ungrouped groups would still show up straight away on the dropdown (either below the folders or among them), so users who have fewer groups and/or don't want folders would not be affected by this update.

Additionally, I propose the ability to sort the list of groups manually. The alphabetical list could remain the default order, but users who don't want to name their groups with workarounds like "001 group name" could sort them how they please and have e.g. their most frequently used groups up first.

Edited by Aie

Support! Honestly I don't even have that many groups (granted I culled my groups to reduce their numbers recently lmao) but anything that offers better organisation is a go in my books. Especially because I'd love to be able to better organise my current groups, low volume or not XD

*stares at my 300+ groups*

... Wholehearted support. <:)

Browser bookmark-style group folders would be such an improvement. Or a filter like the ones on the Encyclopedia or while selecting dragons for certain BSAs.

Want. I don't use groups as religiously yet, I'm still in a collecting phase, but at some point I'm going to want to group some groups

Oh, that would be so much easier than the system I'm using now which involves naming specifically to group certain groups together alphabetically.

This would be so helpful. I'm using numbers (and empty "divider" groups) to help keep my groups in order but it's still pretty chaotic. Having folders and being able to manually sort would be amazing.