_Terminus24

Your thoughts on The Bible?

As someone who was raised in a christian household having read many parts of the bible - it's the greatest man-fueled irl fanfiction I've ever read. Those guys writing it in the distant past must have had so much fun. Some of the morals are nice though, like if you think about cheating with someone's wife you should eliminate your eyeballs.

On 12/11/2021 at 8:07 AM, _Terminus24 said:

You think the Bible is trustworthy? Are the statements that it makes true? The New Testament versus the Old Testament? The Bible compared to other "religious" books? Are the instrucions in the Bible worth following? Is it the word of God? What do you think? I would like to know everyones opinion on the it.

Remember, discussions and debates are allowed as long as everyone follows the forum RULES. Feel free to share what you think 😏

I do not follow the bible. Not only because I'm Wiccan, but over the years I've seen so many use the bible itself (not even the words written in it just the book itself) to cause so much harm.

I understand freedom of beliefs/religion. But my issue is that people use the bible to avoid any/all consequences. And yes, I am including mental health in this because there is a lot of mentally ill religious people who will use their deity/god to excuse their actions. But, the disconnect for all this comes in from Christianity being the dominant religion in the US. If there were any other religion that took its place, we'd have the same issue - bad people using it to try and grab a 'get out of jail free' card. And Christianity is just so toxic. We can learn the core values of humanity (don't steal, don't harm/kill, etc) without intervention from a god/deity. But Christianity makes it seem like we're all born 'evil', that we need to follow a specific god or we'll suffer the punishment he set for his own followers.

And no, I don't believe it's the 'word of god'. It's all myths/stories that were swiped from other religions, if anything I believe the 'Loki is the Christian God in disguise' theory far more than the book being what that god supposedly said. It may have been used to keep morality and control over the masses back in the day, but nowadays people generally know better.