0x08

Trading Hub – Protection for eggs and hatchlings in public trades

Posted (edited)

I'm dragging this out of the depths of the suggestions thread: I fully support this 

Edited by MoonlightEevee

On 1/6/2024 at 11:27 AM, MoonlightEevee said:

I'm dragging this out of the depths of the suggestions thread: I fully support this 

Glad you did. It's been two years since I posted in this thread, but this is timely.

My latest trade, being viewbombed: even though I have hidden my scroll, and removed it from all hatcheries:

IMG_0212.thumb.jpeg.db12e0c241c4a2822afa03b72faca77a.jpeg

We really, really need protection for our trades while we are trading.

You could stun it. I have taken to doing that when I have hatchies in trade.

one thing in regards to this topic is that the protections dc already has in the form of bsas (ward, stun), will not work for you very well if you are a newer player and engaging in trading on the hub. I am more experienced and don't trade in the hub often, But I do not have many bolts and whites (only 13 and 19 respectively). Newer players will vary wildly on how many they have, this alongside these bsas being one time use per creature/egg can cause issues for people who even when practicing caution with these bsas and hiding their scroll, can still have creatures who will get sick, simply because looking for or offering something has been taking too long on the hub (though this would probably lean towards being an edge case so i could understand an disagreement here). Though I kinda doubt newer players would be trading that often...

Lifting these restrictions would cause issues in other ways and would probably need complex work to even allow it though, so i doubt it would ever, ever happen. I could see stalled growth being a possibility with the timer still ticking down. But magis basically giving you ward + teleport (esp when you can put multiple eggs in a trade) would probably be seen as too easily abused, unless tj wanted to make magi cooldown longer even when you cancel it.