starmilkt

What is breeding/lineage importance?

Title says it all— I know there are hybrids (like the white dragon and dream dragon) but what are the perks to making lineages and breeding? I feel like I’m missing something here.... 

6 hours ago, starmilkt said:

Title says it all— I know there are hybrids (like the white dragon and dream dragon) but what are the perks to making lineages and breeding? I feel like I’m missing something here.... 

Its that or collect CBs or collect at random. Some people don't care for lineage at all and just grab whatever breeds they like, others want only CBs, others do lineages. What else are you gonna do?

8 hours ago, starmilkt said:

Hi @starmilkt, I would suggest getting a mentor who can help you with questions about lineages. :)

You can find one here:

Edited by missy_

On 8/18/2021 at 7:20 PM, starmilkt said:

Aside from hybrids, there is no official in-game perk for lineage building, it's entirely user-based!

And breeding's in-game perk is "you can get more of a dragon without having to catch it" as well as being able to build lineages.

Making a lineage is just another thing you can do if you'd like to, but if that's really just not your style then there's not actually anything you're missing out on.  Personally, I enjoy it because it gives me something to work on between collecting eggs.  I also think it can be cool the kinds of lineages you can make, just they look neat cosmetically.

The only other real reason you'd bother paying attention to them is if you're doing trading--since some users are picky about lineage because they prefer working with certain ones, they may not be interested in eggs of the breed they want but that have a different lineage, or if they're looking for a first-generation or something.

But otherwise it's just basically one more way players can obtain eggs if that's their thing, and adds another way users can play the game if they find they enjoy it.

Like others have said, lineage building is just something that people do for fun. There's no tangible reward or purpose to it.

That said, there are a lot of different ways to have fun with lineages, and if you like being creative you can make some fun projects for yourself. You can find breeds that look pretty together and make them into a checker, or you can arrange different colored dragons to make a rainbow pattern. Some people like breeding from dragons of certain origins, like Thuweds or Spriter's Alts. Some people like to challenge themselves by working on difficult lineages, like ones involving holiday breeds that have scroll limits or utilizing rare alts.