Akrona

Can I apply an autosort to custom sort?

This is more of a "is this possible" question.

For a while I have had custom sort on. I did this because I want to keep a few dragons always on top. The rest of my dragons are not super organized and I want to change that.

I would like to resort it by breed to deal with all the random dragons in the back, but then go back into custom sort and edit the new breed sort slightly.

So, first I changed my sort to "breed sort", no problem. 

But when I go into any of the custom sort options, it displays my old sort (the really chaotic one). So basically the breed sort doesn't carry over to custom sort.

I have 3000 dragons and I would really prefer not having to manually resort all of them by breed. So is there any way I can have it breed sort automatically but then edit it?

image.png

image.png

Did you save the breed sort before trying to edit in grid sort ?

No, unfortunately you can't edit the way the auto-sort organizes your dragons. You can auto sort everything and then manually move the dragons you want to be different, but when new dragons grow up, you'll have to manually sort them.

I wish this could be done, since I have over 6k dragons and scrolling through my custom sort is giving me carpal tunnel lol, but currently it's either deal with the auto-sort's order or completely custom sort.

If I understand what the OP is saying - the scroll was sorted by breed and by the sound of it, it wasn't saved before going over to custom ?

What happens when you select something from the "Resort by:" line on top of the grid sort window? I don't want to check it myself, because I'm afraid to ruin my custom sort, but it looks like that would resort the custom sort order.

As long as you don't save it when testing...

I just did (without saving) and got this:

image.png.bef55a286a59920897ed4911f3c77da5.png

THe OP said they wanted to sort by breed but

On 5/29/2021 at 6:49 PM, Akrona said:

So basically the breed sort doesn't carry over to custom sort.

It doesn't carry over - UNLESS YOU SAVE I - after which you can move things. What you can't do is sort by breed and then move things before saving. (Or I don't think you can, anyway.)

You will excuse me if I don't test that, as I have a custom sort I like ! - but I'm sure, just the same.

Now one other thing - Socky once said that if you open a sort window with your current sort and then open another one and play with that, you an always go back to the first window and save what you had in the first place Another thing I don't plan to try with my scroll !