Wymsical

ANSWERED:Every DC page results in error after logging in.

So I logged myself out of one of the devices I have, which in turn logged me out of every DC instance I had (across 3 different devices I own). Fair enough.

Upon logging back in on one device, the entire site, no matter the page, now returns the tombstone error page. I tried it on a second device, and same thing. Waiting for a bit didn't change this, and I tried going to some URLs that I know are login-only, and they too throw me at the error page. So, yeah. I literally cannot access my account right now because of this.

There may be old dragcave.net cookies lingering - try deleting them on the affected devices?

(maybe also the browser cache, for good measure)

ALSO though could it be to do with the fact that invision now allows you to use dual-factor ID ? I have a friend on another invision forum who's getting this every time he even tries to post.

For over a year now, the only two devices I use to login to my account are my desktop and my laptop. For the last few months, whenever I login from either device, I get the following email:

(which is one suggesting he is using a new device or location - which he isn't.)

He said (after many suggestions):

I remove specific cookies and cache when needed. I don't do blanket cache/cookie removal. And no other site (including another forum) that I log into sends me new device login emails, only this one. And I don't have automatic cookie/browsing history deletion turned on.

He logged out cleared everything, and logged back in and EVERY thread showed that it had new posts.

Then the admin said:

The option is now available to set up two factor authentication using Google Authenticator.

If you want to enable this you need the Google Authenticator app on your phone.

Then go to Account Settings>Account Security

Someone else then tried and:

I've just scrolled down and some of the devices (same device in reality) have a red [Sign Out] button beside them.... It looks to be on average once a week that the button shows up? (However on a few occasions it was a day's difference, on others over a week.)

As for location, my internet provider is probably transmitting an approximate location which alternates between a few different locations in WA. Is that causing the issue? I'm not using a VPN.

Sorry if I'm not stating anything clearly. I'm not a techie by any stretch of the imagination.

Devices are either Windows or Android. The locations of the devices alternate between a few different locations within WA. But I think that's the protocol for our internet provider.

ETA: I clicked the Sign Out button on the older login records and I now have a [Disable Automatic Login] button on the latest login record.

I note that my partner's antivirus seems to turn on a VPN a lot, without being asked - could this be a part of it all ?

Just posting this nasty tale in case it helps anyone....

As far as I know, the forum and the site are still not connected, are they?

Oops good point :lol: :blush:

I would delete - but someone may later have a similar issue on forum !

5 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

There may be old dragcave.net cookies lingering - try deleting them on the affected devices?

(maybe also the browser cache, for good measure)

I hastily posted this thread last night as I was pretty preoccupied, I should've included I already did this (it's one of the first things I do whenever stuff acts weird on a website) and, as I said, this behaviour of site works fine until I actually login is consistent across two different devices. It even still acts this way if I authenticate through a private tab/window.

Well, I'm assuming whatever was causing this issue for me was fixed between me getting my lunch and having eaten it just now, so I'm able to properly access my account again.