39 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

@Lagie

Sleep

(Savatage)

*dozes off*

Piano Man

(Billy Joel)

Threes, Rev. 1.1 (one)

(Duane Elms song, Larry Warner performance)

Anyone who's worked in IT, or known an IT person, will probably get a kick out of this one! 😄

I watched the movie, but it was whoosh - over my head at that age.

Enter The Depths of Eternal Darkness 

(Therion)

the problem with this knd of metal is I like the lyrics, but I also like to be able hear the words

The movie was just one interpretation anyway. Bobbie Gentry herself said that what they threw over the bridge and why Billy Joe jumped wasn't supposed to be the point of the story - that it was supposed to be more about how callously people spoke of such things. Her family just idly gossiping about Billy Joe's death while not even realizing that his girlfriend was sitting right there.

Shadow Lover

(Mercedes Lackey song, Heather Alexander performance)

59 minutes ago, catstaff said:

The movie was just one interpretation anyway. Bobbie Gentry herself said that what they threw over the bridge and why Billy Joe jumped wasn't supposed to be the point of the story - that it was supposed to be more about how callously people spoke of such things. Her family just idly gossiping about Billy Joe's death while not even realizing that his girlfriend was sitting right there.

I did get that part. 

Girl, what's happened to your appetite? I've been cooking all morning and you haven't touched a single bite.

You Lose

(Chevaughn)

Sixteen Tons

(been done by everyone - this performance by the Yale Spizzwinks)

A slightly different rendition of this one, rather than Tennessee Ernie Ford or Johnny Cash - partly because the irony of Yalies singing it, but also because of the hilarious contrast between the soloist's appearance and his voice.

19 minutes ago, trystan said:

^awesome song!

(the) Kinslayer

(Nightwish)

Also an awesome song! (Have you seen the live from Buenos Aires 2018? Marko forgets a line and drops an f-bomb! But Floor carries on like nothing happened.)

Rum, Women, Victory

(Ensiferum)

This video is cool because it was made with fans... the album came out last year, in the middle of lockdowns, no tours, etc. So the band put it out on social media for their fans to video themselves rocking out to this song and send the video to them. They chose a whole bunch of those clips and edited them into this fan-participation video!

23 minutes ago, catstaff said:

Also an awesome song! (Have you seen the live from Buenos Aires 2018? Marko forgets a line and drops an f-bomb! But Floor carries on like nothing happened.)

i'll have to look that one up! :) 

Young Lovers

(Inkubus Sukkubus)