Ruyime

Trade

Hi, I’m pretty new on Dragon Cave and I don’t really understand how trading works. I don’t understand abbreviations that they have for the wants and offers. Is there a key for that? Also if someone writes “free” for a trade, how do I contact that person so I can get the egg without trading?

Thank you,

Ruyime 

When they say "free" they usually mean that they will take just about anything for it. You still have to offer something.

The abbreviations get crazy. It's because of the very limited number of characters you have to describe your wants. CB is caveborn. PB is purebred. SA is spriter's alt. Those are real common ones. What ones were you wondering about?

Here is some terminology:

And to get an offered "free" trade, just go to the Abandoned Page and pick anything from there to offer on the trade, these we call a "dummy".

(Eggs from the Abandoned Page (AP) don't have that 5-hour cooldown that eggs from a biome have.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

In the Trading Hub you can't actually get any eggs without trading, 'free' usually means just offer anything (some also say offer a 'dummy', basically any random egg usually grabbed from the Abandoned Page). 

As for all the abbreviations... There is no official list, and many people seem to make up random abbreviations to fit more in their 'wants' area. The lineage terminology thread may help a bit with that, you can get a feel for the sort of things people may ask for, but a lot of it is kinda just guess-work in the Hub.