Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alskasaur

Define 'New'

I've been signed up for a little over a week now. And I've known about Dragon Cave for several years, I just never made an account before now. But anyway, I guess I am still considered new to the site since I'm still unsure on how some things work, so here I am! Introducing myself!!

About me: ESFP, Taurus, Demi, She/Her.... Um, young 20's, trying and failing to make a smooth transition to adulthood...

I work as a grooming assistant, so I bathe doggos for a living! Which is great because I love animals! My favorite (real) animals are cats, because they're amazing and perfect. I spend most my free time buried in a book, usually something with dragons, because dragons are the bee's knees! ^u^

Hello, welcome! I've heard grooming dogs is a lot harder than it sounds. Is that true? :D

6 hours ago, Paintra said:

Hello, welcome! I've heard grooming dogs is a lot harder than it sounds. Is that true? :D

It is definitely a lot harder than it sounds!!! There’s an inside joke at our salon that grooming a dog is a lot like wrestling an alligator; you’re constantly getting hit in the face and arms by flailing limbs, you have a 0% chance of staying dry, and you never know when you’re gonna get bit!

Plus, your hands and back will almost always hurt in some way, shape, or form!

That being said, it is also pretty rewarding to form bonds with dogs that come in regularly! Just the other day, I had a regular dog come in for his weekly routine, and his little face absolutely lit up when he saw me!

(Note: I’m a little unsure how to reply on here. I come from Flight Rising, where we use @username, but taking a peek around the forums here I don’t really see much of that?)

2 hours ago, Alskasaur said:

(Note: I’m a little unsure how to reply on here. I come from Flight Rising, where we use @username, but taking a peek around the forums here I don’t really see much of that?)

Just quoting works fine! It'll automatically ping the person you're replying to. You can also use @username to reply to someone in particular!