Psycada

Pink Dragon BSA

Petition to change the pink dragon BSA to "Action of Trans Your Gender"

(That does bring the question though... could a pink dragon trans MY gender?)

On 6/2/2020 at 8:43 PM, Psycada said:

Petition to change the pink dragon BSA to "Action of Trans Your Gender"

(That does bring the question though... could a pink dragon trans MY gender?)

(Unless you are a lizard, no.)

And I don't know if it counts it's before they are full formed individuals. Pink Dragons work on the assumptions that sex determination for Dragons works the same as other reptiles where male sex and female sex is determined based on the temperature the egg is incubated at. Unlike for us, mammals, it's not linked to genetics.

Even, so I don't think that phrase make sense for a being that has yet to have the ability of self-decision. 

Also, while I feel this topic was made in jest, shouldn't this be in the Suggestions/Requests sub-forum?

Yeah, since it's a joke I didn't feel like it should go in the suggestions forum, that's for actual suggestions. I just like the phrase "trans your gender" lol.

Also I forgot that little detail with temperatures, I feel like I should've remembered that considering what a reptile nerd I used to be as a kid. 

As someone with a trans relative, I don't think it would be appreciated - it feels very disrespectful.

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

As someone with a trans relative, I don't think it would be appreciated - it feels very disrespectful.

Yeah, this joke is in very poor taste. 

We have a thread to discuss the possibility of Transgender Dragons here. Please post there if you want to add to that discussion. This is also a serious discussion that should not be treated lightly. Please be mindful of that if you post there. 

Edited by purpledragonclaw