Twyro

Changing the e-mail address for a friend

Hello! I have a friend who wants to come back to playing Dragon Cave after quite a while, but she can't remember her password and her old e-mail she used to create the account (which still exists and is visible) was shut down so she can't reset it herself. Could any of the moderators tell me how I can contact TJ09 to ask him if he could change her e-mail to a new one that I'd send him privately on her behalf, and then she could try to reset her password on her own? Thanks in advance for any info, I'd like to contact him but I'd like to reach him somewhere he is sure to see, is PMing him okay?

You can PM him, but as far as I recall he can't change emails. This comes up repeatedly from time to time.

Oh, that's too bad. I'll ask him anyway to see what we can do. Thanks for the info!

However, TJ just *might* be able and willing to reset the password himself *if* your friend can tell him the correct email address.

She can't; the email was shut down and he has said he cannot reset emails.... That's kind of for OUR protection.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Yes, that's the primary problem, and she can't remember the last password she's used on there to access it. :( Can he change passwords, then? That way she can use the temporary new password to access her account and change the e-mail address herself. :) 

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

She can't; the email was shut down and he has said he cannot reset emails.... That's kind of for OUR protection.

Well, my thinking was that TJ *might* be willing to change the PASSWORD *if* given the old and no more existing email as proof of identity, so to speak. Because, last time I checked, there was no way to tell which email another player has.

I know - TJ cannot change our emails... I'm not sure if he can see them; just use a "email member" button, maybe ?

I suppose he MIGHT - depending on how the change system is set up... I am gatekeeper on another forum, and one thing I cannot do is amend any personal details once the user has changed the password I assign to them.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Perhaps a change of password is possible, if nothing else, then she could use it to log in and later she can change both the username and password herself. It would mean a lot to her so I hope that at least something can be done.

I hope so too - but I'm just not sure what the software will allow.

19 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Perhaps a change of password is possible, if nothing else, then she could use it to log in and later she can change both the username and password herself. It would mean a lot to her so I hope that at least something can be done.

We cannot change our usernames on DC - or did you mean their email? ;) 

If just her forum - just start a new account....

1 hour ago, olympe said:

We cannot change our usernames on DC - or did you mean their email? ;) 

Yes, she could change her e-mail and password herself if TJ09 could help her access her account again. @Fuzzbucket I think she registered here, but she can't access her scroll and that's the main issue for her.

I was afraid of that. I think that's the bit he can't do. But you messaged him, didn't you ?

15 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I was afraid of that. I think that's the bit he can't do. But you messaged him, didn't you ?

Yes, and I got no answer from him so far.

Try a global mod (Purpledragonclaw or LadyLyzar) who may at least be able to get you an answer.