ReenvhAi

Nullify Breed BSA

17/9 updated with more info!

--------

This is for influencing breeding. Nullify the breed of a dragon would allow to pass the breed of the other parent only, or else have no egg. Say, if I breed aeon x horse, but I used nullify on the horse first, it would guarantee that only an aeon can be born from that pairing at that time. It wouldn't affect rarities and birth ratios, because it simply cancels the possibilities for more common outcomes, turning them into the no-egg-was-produced results. It would work like breeding against a festive dragon when being out of their festivity period.

Once used, the effect could last a couple of hours.

The cooldown for the executing dragon could go from 14 to even 30 or 60 days.

For couples that can produce hybrids, using this would eliminate the chances for egg turning to be one breed, but still allowing for a hybrid or the other breed.

Example: Nullified Skywing × Water = Water/No egg/Blunna

If used on both parents, it would only allow for an hybrid, and adding more chances for no egg to be produced.

Nullified Skywing × Nullified Water = No egg/Blunna

The effect couldn't be used on festive dragons, since they breed like this all year, and the window for their reproduction is relatively small.

I have no idea of which dragon could execute it, I'm not an expert on encyclopedia's matters ^^; any suggestions? I'm thinking of either Magic/Death affinity, explaining that they somehow suppressed or weakened the dna of the nullified parent. OR, that they cast a curse over that dragon's offspring, impeding them to continue their heritage.

Better theory for the maths part:

If implemented, the birth percentage for commons would decrease, so affecting their rarity. However, in the general picture, the unlaid eggs should be equivalent to amount that end up dying in the abandoned cave, or killed in the same scroll. To achieve this equivalency, the BSA should be used in low rates, which is possible if it has a long cooldown (I suggested two weeks, but it could actually go for two months) and/or if it comes from a rare dragon itself, way that users can't mass breed them for exploiting their BSA.

Edited by ReenvhAi
Added more thoughts to it!

There's already a suggestion rather like this, which is better fleshed out:

14 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

There's already a suggestion rather like this, which is better fleshed out:

Oh yes, I checked it before posting. But it's not quite what I'm asking here. Mechanics work different. I'd personally rather have this one, to avoid getting unwanted eggs anyway, since that takes up scroll places and I want to keep my lineages clean. If you asked me i'd say both bsas could be implemented, but in the last case it depends on the admins i guess, hahah.

I would definitely want something like this without the risk of still getting the wrong egg, but I have a feeling it's a bit too much. Makes breeding rare things a bit too easy.

7 minutes ago, Sazandora said:

I would definitely want something like this without the risk of still getting the wrong egg, but I have a feeling it's a bit too much. Makes breeding rare things a bit too easy.

Breeding is just as easy as you make it imo, hahah. I mean, to get a rare, you breed rare × rare or rare × festive. The chances for the rare would be exactly the same, just canceling the chance for other eggs.

To be honest, when it comes to the whole mathematic, the birth percentage for commons would decrease, so affecting their rarity. However, in the general picture, the unlaid eggs should be equivalent to amount that end up dying in the abandoned cave, or killed in the same scroll. To achieve this equivalency, the BSA should be used in low rates, which is possible if it has a long cooldown (I suggested two weeks, but it could actually go for two months) and/or if it comes from a rare dragon itself, way that users can't mass breed BSAers just for using its ability.

On the other hand, I can agree that this seems too sharp of an action, ensuring either success or no failure. But the other suggestion of this issue I saw (the BSA to increase breeds chances) seems to me like too little, and still not helping about the problem with the crowding of unwanted eggs. If I am to settle with that softer options, then I guess I'm making a suggestion for another BSA to clean dead eggs xD

True, the newer breeds are so heavily skewed towards themselves when it comes to breeding them and it's obnoxious. But maybe to make this a bit less... shall we say "overpowered", I think a long cooldown is good. Like a month or so at least.

4 minutes ago, Sazandora said:

True, the newer breeds are so heavily skewed towards themselves when it comes to breeding them and it's obnoxious. But maybe to make this a bit less... shall we say "overpowered", I think a long cooldown is good. Like a month or so at least.

Yeah, you were right on that haha, thanks for helping! ^^

My first thought for which dragon could have this was the Cassare, but they only nullify magic so it might not extend to eggs.

9 hours ago, SuperstarSnivkins said:

My first thought for which dragon could have this was the Cassare, but they only nullify magic so it might not extend to eggs.

Hmm, i like the thought, it could be explained as nullifying the magic that runs through the life-force of a dragon, or decreasing its magic so much that it can't produce new life near it. However, I'm afraid that Cassares are not as rare as it could be for the BSA not to be abused. (I haven't checked on their rarity for a while though, I will keep them on mind, Thank you!