Fuzzbucket

Multi Remove from Group

I have just (again) accidentally added "all dragons of this breed" to a group where they didn't belong. Removing them one by one (there were a LOT) was very boring (and I suppose a reasonable penalty.)

But since we can "ADD all of this breed", would it be possible to select one within the group and say REMOVE all of this breed ? Please and thank you. I bet I am not the only idiot to have done this....

Yes this would be good.... At this point it's easier to delete group and remake another which is also a pain but marginally less a pain.

I would have - but the group in question had to be linked in a game with no post edits allowed !  :rolleyes:

Plus, the number of dragons to remain in a group might be just as large as the number you want to remove.

Yes - but to be fair, when ADDING you can add all dragons of that breed. When you do that by accident you have to remove them one by one....

Additionally, I want a plain old "Remove all" button. Sometimes I want to reuse a group because I linked it somewhere (something like a "current work in progress" thing) and having to either view every single dragon in it to remove it from the group OR having the group page reload with Every! Single! Removal! just gets really annoying.

Yes please.

The removal system is absolutely tedious. If we can filter our scroll and select whatever we want to add, it should be possible to apply the same method to the group itself and select what we want to remove from the existing dragons, right? The first time I made a group I assumed that was how it worked, so I added all dragons of one breed thinking I could select multiples to remove. It was so annoying to do them one by one I ended up remaking it all over again. 

SUPPORT!

Just recently I started to realize my All-holiday group became to large to custom sort (aghhh the LAG) and thought to break it in 3... But now I'd have to re-sort all of them in other groups and remove tens of dragons from the group and is a PAIN. The reason I'm not changing anything just yet.

I see it best to work exactly like 'add to group' window, but instead you are shown a 'remove from group' window that contains all the dragons in that group with the 3 options. And this way you can ctrl and shift through them as well

Like this:

IMG-20210209-WA0001.thumb.jpg.0767023b7a6375a798e9032abc6a1e2f.jpg

And to access it you could very logically click the x (since clicking + opens the add window) atm this button is for deleting the whole group... I'm pretty sure everyone needs to remove dragons from a group more often than erasing the whole thing and to erase it you could just go to the settings like you would for creating one

IMG-20210209-WA0000.jpg.46a07174758eb01589ff725a30e2a71f.jpg

Edited by camelia2

This would be really helpful. I particularly like the idea of a filter for removing dragons, to match the one for adding dragons.

As a bonus, it would be an easy way to search for things in the group even if you aren't removing them.