igloo9201

Silvermoon Wolves

Welcome to our territory!

Back in 2013, I started a lineage dedicated to wolves. I ended up getting very busy with IRL matters, so the thread eventually went inactive and was closed. But I'm much more consistently active these days, so I've decided to revamp it! This lineage will use Storm/Gray Dragons, because their colors are reminiscent of gray wolves and reflect the name Silvermoon well! I initially chose the name Silvermoon because it was the name of a wolf pack I roleplayed with as a child. This lineage will be similar to the original lineage, but with a few tweaks.

If you were part of the original lineage, you will have to reapply, but all of your old Silvermoons are still considered a part of the project, so you won't have to wait to get a new egg.

The goal of the lineage is to have something fun to do with common dragons, as well as promoting some good ol' wolf loving! While gray wolves are not an endangered species, there are several subspecies that are endangered, such as the Mexican Gray Wolf. Wolves are great ambassadors that can be used to teach people about ecology, social animal behavior, hunting behavior, and the environments they live in. Wolves are good umbrella species, as they occupy large territories, many of which are in imperiled ecosystems. So, while not all wolves are in need of saving, they are certainly very cool animals that can be used to teach a lot of valuable lessons.

Pack Operations

In nature, wolf packs form when a male and a female come together and have pups. The pack is usually made up of the breeding pair, some adult offspring from previous litters, and the current pups. But very rarely, super-packs will form, with many unrelated adults joining the pack and having many litters of pups each year. This is the goal of the Silvermoons: they want to grow their pack! Like all wolf packs, there was an original breeding pair: Silver Moon Lupus and Silver Moon Arctos. Their offspring must now set out and find mates of their own!

To join the lineage, you will first get an egg from the main Silvermoon line, descended from Lupus and Arctos. From there, you will be able to breed it with CBs! You can breed them in any pattern you like - spiral, stairstep, evengen, etc. Just make sure that the lineages are purebred and don't incorporate any bred dragons that aren't part of the lineage. In the future, we will likely have side lineages to represent different wolf populations. These will be allowed to be interbred, but in the meantime, keep it Gray exclusive, and try to incorporate an actual Silvermoon descendant in your lineages!

Reporting every Silvermoon egg is not required, but members are encouraged to report new eggs/lineages they are starting!

Pack Law

And the wolf that shall keep it will prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.

1. All dragons in the lineage must have "Silver" or "Silvermoon" in the name. It doesn't matter to me whether it comes at the start or end of the name. "Silvermoon" is preferred, but "Silver" is acceptable if you need the extra space for the name itself. Mates of Silvermoon descendants don't have to follow the naming rule, but it is preferred. 
  2. Keep the lineage purebred. There will be exceptions to this in the future, but for now, Grays only.
  3. No inbreeding.
  4. No gifting or trading. Silvermoon eggs should only ever be given to fellow lineage members or people on the waiting list.
  5. No killing, freezing, biting, earthquake, or neglected attempts. You are allowed to abandon eggs you've bred yourself if you would like, but do not abandon Silvermoons that have been gifted to you.
  6. Optional: Having your Silvermoons mate for life is preferred. It is also preferred that descendants of the original pair be included in all purebred lineages. Neither of these things are required!!

Pack Forms

I would like to join the pack!

Username:
Scroll Name:

Preferred generation of starter egg:

Do you want to breed on request for new members:

I've given an egg to someone on the waiting list!

Egg:

Recipient:

Form for reporting new eggs:

A new pup has been born!

Egg Lineage Link:

Details: (What generation/pattern the egg is)

Form for eggs you've abandoned:

A wolf has dispersed!

Egg Lineage Link:

Details: (What generation/pattern the egg is)

Edited by igloo9201

Pack Stats

Members: 

igloo9201

Jaici

Stormfriend

azurewingsofwind

purplehaze

ravensunset

Haki

madameM

SiLin_IV

JustLittleFox

Edenello

blinkdog

Breeders:

@igloo9201

@Jaici

@purplehaze

@ravensunset

@Haki

@madameM

@SiLiN_IV

@blinkdog

@Edenello

@JustLittleFox

Egg Waiting list:

@SiLiN_IV (Has been PMed)

@azurewingsofwind (2nd Gen | Unresponsive to PM)

Edited by igloo9201

Pack Information

Once the pack has grown in size, we will use a different breed to start a side pack. This is where all information regarding side packs will be found.

Edited by igloo9201

Username: badakokkili
Scroll Name: n/a

Preferred generation of starter egg: Whatever's available and convenient is fine!!

Do you want to breed on request for new members: yes!

If this thread is still going...

Username: Jaici
Scroll Name: Jaici

Preferred generation of starter egg: 2nd gen if possible

Do you want to breed on request for new members: Sure why not :) 

Edited by Jaici
Missed info

I got one of the originals the first time out. Life events hit me hard too, so I’d like to rejoin the Pack! AWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOO 🐺🐲🌩

edit to add: I have Silvermoon Lifeward as a second Gen.

Edited by Stormfriend
Adding some info

Username: azurewingsofwind
Scroll Name: azurewingsofwind

Preferred generation of starter egg: 2nd gen if possible, but any gen is fine ~

Do you want to breed on request for new members: Sure!

I own what I think is one of the first offspring of this lineage. https://dragcave.net/lineage/ShLoX

Always willing to breed for anyone who wishes. His dedicated mate is a CB Storm, so offspring will be stair lineages.

I’m so happy to see people rediscovering the project! Welcome back to @Stormfriend and @purplehaze!

To our new applicants, I’ve been super busy so I forgot to work on breeding but I will get to that today!

EDIT: Jaici has now gotten their egg! I'll get another 2nd gen out next week.

Edited by igloo9201

Making a note that the person currently on the waiting list has been PMed and has not responded, so anyone who asks to be added will be put at the top of the list!

Username: ravensunset
Scroll Name: ravensunset

Preferred generation of starter egg: any is ok!

Do you want to breed on request for new members: Yes!

This is a cute idea, I used to also do clan rps as a child (not wolves, but), and this looks fun!

Some little managerial notes: I have updated the rules, and abandoning Silvermoon eggs is now allowed! The only stipulation is that you cannot abandon eggs that other people have given to you as gifts. I've also added two new forms, one to announce new eggs and one to announce that you have abandoned an egg. Updating the thread whenever you breed your Silvermoons will let the pack know what you're working on, and it will keep the thread active! So please do report these things when you can.

And now, for some updates on my wolves:

New pups have been born!

Egg Lineage Links: 1, 2

Details: The first egg is a Lupus X Arctos baby that I bred because I realized that I don't have any female offspring from them! The second egg is a 4th gen spiral.

Username: Haki
Scroll Name: Itami451

Preferred generation of starter egg: Any gen is fine

Do you want to breed on request for new members: Yes, why not xD

Username: madameM
Scroll Name: Pallion

Preferred generation of starter egg: any is ok!

Do you want to breed on request for new members: Yes!

Love this idea, never done any RPG but this sounds fun~

I should have a  couple of slots free in 11 hours or it can wait whatever is easiest for you? And I have already been a gluten with the Halloween egg so I consider myself "full" on this treat so just what ever you wish! It is so hard to believe it is already Halloween and soon 2023! It is plum crazy~ Hope you have a fun one!