whux

Eggs keep dying

Hello, everyone.

I was debating to post here or not simply  because I know eggs can die, even if fogged. I've been playing for a little over a year now and have collecting quite a few dragons already, but recently, in the past week or two, my eggs keep dying....every. single. one. I've fogged them, I've checked on them every couple of hours and I've also limited the sites where I have them to see if less clicks will help them. But unfortunately, they're all dying. I don't understand? I'm doing the exact same things I've been doing for the past year - I can't check on them every 5 minutes because I have to work, but it's never been a problem if I leave them for an hour or two, especially if fogged. It's very frustrating because I had a cheese dragon die on me and a new release from September and because of this, I'm getting very discouraged.

Has anything changed? Is there a bug? Or am I just having absolute miserable luck? 

Thanks

Wow, I've never seen a Nexus eggshell before! Sorry for your losses :(

From what I see, your eggs are getting stats right from the start, as soon as you get them, could it be? Try adding them to sites a day later, when they are less vulnerable. If it's not you who added them to sites, hide them until they are at least a day old, maybe two - you might have some unwanted "helper" in that case.

I suggest doing as I do. Hide your scroll, at least for a few months. That way maybe your unwanted "helper" will go away and bother someone else, if that's the case. If they can't see your scroll, your eggs are safe unless you go about posting links to them everywhere, and even then, few sites let you add a single code. Just unhide your scroll when the eggs get around 4d or even ER stage, add them to sites, then re-hide the scroll. Watch the eggs and babies live and grow! I had SO many viewbombers until I hid my scroll. Now I don't think I ever unhide it unless someone wants proof that I have a certain grown dragon on my scroll.

After looking at your scroll - your eggs are getting way too many views too fast.  Think of it as overfeeding - the dragon will get sick and die.  The amount of views the dead eggs have now would likely be enough to hatch them, and the eggs were all obtained the day before they died.

I usually don't post my eggs anywhere for their first day - that is when they are the most vulnerable.  Also, since there is a new release going on right now, fansites are experiencing a lot more traffic than usual.  In addition, I usually hide them on that first day as well in case someone decides to be vindictive and posts them without my permission.

I would go ahead and hide your current batch of eggs - they are an hour old and already have a bunch of views.

Edited by LadyLyzar