Fuzzbucket

Inaccessible fan sites

I don't know where best to put this. Not in help, as fan sites are not actually down to TJ, even though I do think it must be in some way related to the API, and I don't know how much attention it would get in the fan sites section.

But for several weeks now, a number of members get an error message

There was problem communicating with the database. Please try again later.

when trying to use AOND. Others find it works perfectly. Some who can ener their scrolls here find that the tools don't work right - for others, they are as they always  were.

Now the same seems to be the case for evina's, but worse - for me that site will no longer open at all, but isup.me says it's fine.

It isn't as simple as being a machine/cache/cookie thing, as when I try to enter one of the scrolls belonging to one of the members who cannot get into AOND I ge the same error they get\, btg m,y scroll works fine. I am wondering how many players are affected by this, and on which fan sites. And what - if anything - can be done.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I left this in SD for a while but since it didn't get any responses, I went ahead and moved it to fan sites.

I'm not sure if this is an issue on DC's end or on the individual fansites end?

When pinging evina's I get a timeout. No idea why... Someone else found that it "might be to do with cross platform plugin architecture NPAPI,"

I have no idea whose end that would  be on !

Are we any closer to addressing this? I just had a friend join DC and when I told her to use AOND, she had this error. I even tried putting her username in for her and had the same issue. My scroll seems to work fine though. 

Yeah, it's weird. Another player and I - we are both in Ontario - cannot access Evina's - but it seems to be something in the ether - I ran a tracer some time after I posted about this, and it seems to stop dead in Brazil somewhere !

Evina's works fine for me, but the AOND site seems... neglected.

Any word on this? Almost a month has passed, and from what I can tell, the problem persists...

Evina's is working for me in the UK - I don't know if it is still non-functional in Ontario.

Edited by Fuzzbucket