Dezhire

I'm getting an error when I try to view my dragons

Hello. I am trying to view my dragons and all I get is this message:

This page isn’t working

dragcave.net is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Can you help me?

Thank you!

I'm not having any problem visiting the cave or loading your scroll (if your username is the same as your forum name) so I don't think the issue is on DC's end. Have you tried restarting your browser? If that doesn't work, try clearing your browsing data (cache/cookies) and see if it works then. :)

Hello.  

No I haven't been able to view my dragons all week.  I even cleared the cache and cookies and tried a different browser.  No luck.

Have you tried from a different internet connection? Since you're having the same issue with multiple browsers, it might be something to do with how your connection is interacting with the site. Have you noticed a similar problem with any other websites you've tried to visit? 

What device are you using ?

Oh my. Your eggs could use help.... but you don't accept it...

Can you get to fan sites to put them in ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Hi. I'm using a desktop computer and I am having no issues with any other site. 

I'd accept help...LOL...not sure how to do that. Thanks!

The error I'm getting is a HTTP error 500 which is an internal error that is out of my control.  

Hm.  At this point I would suspect there is something haywire between your ISP and DC.

I would possibly try resetting your internet connection.  Are you able to access the site through any other device, such as a smartphone?

@TJ09 Any input on this?

OK I have hatched your eggs in an ER. :) They seem OK. I'll keep an eye on them for you.

https://www.lifewire.com/500-internal-server-error-explained-2622938

SAYS it's usually a server error. But once my ISP accidentally locked me out of DC.

That page does say delete your cookies. And you really need to FIND them and delete them; just saying "delete cookies" when you clear the cache doesn't cut it.

I'm not able to reproduce this, either while viewing your dragons or while logged into your account. I've tried something that may fix the problem, but without hitting the issue firsthand, it'll be impossible to really know if it's fixed.

First THANK YOU! @Fuzzbucket You are SO NICE!!!!

Second THANK YOU @TJ09for looking into it for me.  

I have deleted the cookies specific to dragon cave. Still an error.  I can see everything else on the site except for my cute little dragons. 

So how do I reset my internet connection?  I'm hardwired on my desktop.

OK, so I checked my phone and I can see my scroll on there.  So how do I fix the ISP issue if that's what it is?

First, I would try rebooting your modem and router, if you have one.  That should reset your connection to your ISP.

If that doesn't fix it after a hard refresh, contact your ISP and ask for their technical department.  Something isn't communicating between your computer and Dragon Cave - so if we can figure out where the problem is, we should hopefully be able to help sort it out.

UPDATE:  It's working today!!!  YAY!  Thank you all so much for your help!  I appreciate it so much!