Jump to content
hazeh

[The CW] Arrow/Flash/Legends/Supergirl

Arrowverse Fans!  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Considering all four shows have become rather tightly interconnected, I think it would be valid to have a place of discussion for all of them:

The Arrow, DC Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, and The Flash. 

 

Do you watch any/ all? Thoughts? Who do you ship? Please hide spoilers when possible!

 

I'm a big fan of Supergirl (though I have my beef with it) and currently Legends of Tomorrow. 

I'm a little annoyed with this strange switch-off hiatus the CW is doing with both shows, though. Like, Supergirl literally already had a mid-season hiatus...then they came back, aired three more episodes, and went on another hiatus??? I can't complain too much because it means Legends is on, but, why can't we have both?

And the season 3 crossover event made me bawl like a little baby.

 

Also, any speculation on whatever plot twist they've got cooking for Avalance? I'm a little scared, tbh..

 

Personally, I ship SuperCorp (Lena x Kara), Agent Reign (Sam x Alex), and Avalance. (are you seeing a pattern here?)

 

Edited by hazeh

Share this post


Link to post

I only watch the Flash, but my boyfriend fills me into the rest of the Arrowverse, except for Arrow, ironically enough. I actually started watching for the musical episode, if my icon isn't indication enough, but my BF and TVTropes have been a help in filling in the details.

 

I'm kind of annoyed about the weird hiatuses too. Like, you expect one in the winter, for Christmas specials and stuff, but there have been two after that for the Flash? Geez.

 

I'm a little nervous about Avalance too, especially with the promo for the next episode, and the teasing of the "secret" Ava's hiding.

 

I'm also wondering if Black Lightning will join the Arrowverse. It shares its creator with the rest of the shows, so it might be likely some crossover will happen. Get ready to add that to the forum title/poll if it happens. :D

Share this post


Link to post

I used to watch Arrow, but I don’t catch up with it no longer. Only watching The Flash when new seasons appear on netflix, other than that I have no way of catching up. I haven’t watched Supergirl, but I neither think it looks promising. Maybe I’m too skeptical about it though, who knows - do you guys think it’s any good ? In terms of Legends of Tomorrow, the thing that happened with a specific character, was really off putting and idg why it had to happen the way it did (idk how to do the spoiler cut yet, so I’m going with vague describing). BUT I love that Keiynan has joined the cast, warms my heart. Loved the ep in which Rip and Wally went for a night out, I love their voices 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, jostensminyard said:

Loved the ep in which Rip and Wally went for a night out, I love their voices 

 

Ah yes, this moment.

 

 

Edited by KittyZozo

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, KittyZozo said:

 

Ah yes, this moment.

 


<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5N49dw1vQII?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

 

I’d love for them to make more episodes alike that one !

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, jostensminyard said:

 

I’d love for them to make more episodes alike that one !

 

We just need a musical episode with the entire Arrowverse, dang it!

Share this post


Link to post

Omg, Rip and Wally singing together made me laugh so hard!!

 

Also, did anyone else cry about Axel? Because I did. It was ridiculous and cute but Mick was just so sweet...

 

Supergirl is actually one of my favorite shows so I'll always recommend it. The first season was produced by CBS and then after waa sold to the CW, so there is definitely a difference in the writing. Its cheesy like any of the others but it's still sweet and fun to watch. And funny! And it makes me cry sometimes.

Maybe I'm just a big baby haha

Share this post


Link to post

The Legends of Tomorrow season finale is next week, and I am not ready for it. *sobs* 

On the other hand, that means Supergirl picks back up afterward, but still...

 

Good news is that Arrow, Supergirl, and Legends got renewed for season 4! I think Flash did too but I'm not 100% on that. 

Share this post


Link to post

@hazeh have there already been three seasons of Flash?! :o Oh my.

 

I watched the first couple of seasons of Arrow but I wasn't that into it. I kept watching it because I love Colton Haynes, but there wasn't enough of him to justify continuing. I love Grant Gustin so much and I've meant to get around to watching the Flash ever since it came out, but I've just been watching other things. I have so many shows I watch that I can never keep up with all the new ones on my list. :(

Share this post


Link to post

@StormWizard212 I think so! I think most of the DC shows on the CW have the same amount of seasons? Though Arrow might have more. 

 

Yeah, I'm not super interested in the Arrow either. The only reason I'd watch it is for Sara Lance, but now that she's on Legends, I don't really see the need. I've only ever watched Arrow/Flash for the crossover episodes haha. 

 

The Legend's season 3 finale was...wicked ridiculous. I couldn't stop laughing. If anyone likes silly superheroes, Legends of Tomorrow is definitely a must-watch. The humor in this show is unparalleled by any of the other DC shows :D And it doesn't take itself seriously like the other ones try so hard to do, so it's a refreshing change of pace! (Not to say it doesn't also have its poignant and emotional moments... but it certainly doesn't overdo them!) 

Share this post


Link to post

I don't actually know anything about Legends of Tomorrow. But I loved Guardians of the Galaxy for a similar reason to what you mentioned @hazeh - that it had a levity to it that you don't usually see in sombre superhero films/shows. It's refreshing to get things that are a bit more fun and quirky. I just watched the trailer for Legends of Tomorrow and it looks like a lot of fun. :D I'm going to have to try it out. 

 

Were you not that keen on Flash? That's disappointing! Part of the reason I haven't really made the time to watch it is because I'm worried that I won't actually enjoy it and I'd feel guilty about that because I love Grant Gustin so much. It would feel like a betrayal! 

 

Is there anything worth shipping in Flash or Legends? That was another issue I had with Arrow. As a die-hard, obsessive shipper, I found it a little lacking. :P 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

I don't actually know anything about Legends of Tomorrow. But I loved Guardians of the Galaxy for a similar reason to what you mentioned @hazeh - that it had a levity to it that you don't usually see in sombre superhero films/shows. It's refreshing to get things that are a bit more fun and quirky. I just watched the trailer for Legends of Tomorrow and it looks like a lot of fun. :D I'm going to have to try it out. 

 

Were you not that keen on Flash? That's disappointing! Part of the reason I haven't really made the time to watch it is because I'm worried that I won't actually enjoy it and I'd feel guilty about that because I love Grant Gustin so much. It would feel like a betrayal! 

 

Is there anything worth shipping in Flash or Legends? That was another issue I had with Arrow. As a die-hard, obsessive shipper, I found it a little lacking. :P 

I would definitely say the humor style is similar to Guardians. There's a lot of the show poking fun at itself, which is always great humor to have when all of the other superhero shows are all about gritty, dark, emotional depravity and villains and whatnot. I have laugh cried and sorrow cried through that show so many times haha. I started watching the show specifically for Sara Lance, but I found that I adore just about every character that they introduce. Which is pretty cool. 

 

It's not so much that I'm not keen on Flash, but it just never really struck me as along my interests. I don't typically enjoy a lot of male-dominated and centered superhero shows, which is one of the reasons I never got into Arrow, either. But after watching the crossovers, I definitely do like the characters a lot, and I'm definitely more interested in starting the Flash now. I'm going to try Black Lightning first, though :D Barry and Kara's friendship is one of my favorite Brotps. 

 

I think out of all of the shows, Legends has the most shipping potential. But it's also the show with the most main characters, which has something to do with it. But especially in season 3, there's a little bit of everything for everyone. And there is a lot of quality queer rep, too, which is exciting for me personally. I for one am personally obsessed with anything (anyone) Sara Lance does. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, hazeh said:

I would definitely say the humor style is similar to Guardians. There's a lot of the show poking fun at itself, which is always great humor to have when all of the other superhero shows are all about gritty, dark, emotional depravity and villains and whatnot. I have laugh cried and sorrow cried through that show so many times haha. I started watching the show specifically for Sara Lance, but I found that I adore just about every character that they introduce. Which is pretty cool. 

 

It sounds like my kind of show, then. :D I'll put it on my list (that I'm hopefully going to put a dent in sometime in the next century...) 

 

7 hours ago, hazeh said:

I think out of all of the shows, Legends has the most shipping potential. But it's also the show with the most main characters, which has something to do with it. But especially in season 3, there's a little bit of everything for everyone. And there is a lot of quality queer rep, too, which is exciting for me personally. I for one am personally obsessed with anything (anyone) Sara Lance does. 

 

This makes it sound like even more my kind of show. :D Thanks for all the information! I'll let you know when I get around to watching some of it. I tend to like watching shows in big chunks and I'm not sure when I'm going to have chance to sit down and watch a million hours in one go, but when I do this is one I'm going to tackle. Can't wait! 

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

 

It sounds like my kind of show, then. :D I'll put it on my list (that I'm hopefully going to put a dent in sometime in the next century...) 

 

 

This makes it sound like even more my kind of show. :D Thanks for all the information! I'll let you know when I get around to watching some of it. I tend to like watching shows in big chunks and I'm not sure when I'm going to have chance to sit down and watch a million hours in one go, but when I do this is one I'm going to tackle. Can't wait! 

Glad to hear I've convinced you :D 

I ended up binging the entire 2 seasons, cross overs, and first 8 or so episodes of season 3 in two and a half days :D I also got very little sleep...

 

For anyone else who watches Supergirl, it returns this coming Monday night! I've missed my girl of steel so much. ♥

Share this post


Link to post

Supergirl has been digging its claws back into my heart like I knew it would. 😫 I liked this past episode because of the Lena content, but I can't help but feel a little jaded over Kara's behavior. It just seems so wildly out of left field for her in regards to what happened. Like, season 2 and part of 3 she's spent...doing the complete opposite. Someone wrote out a piece about how this is how Kara reacts to people she really cares about when frustrated or feeling upset, so that makes a little more sense. But the juxtaposition between her reaction and her behavior from the rest of the season + season 2 is just super jarring and feels so out of character. So I was a bit disappointed. (Hypocrite much, Kara? I mean, SUPERGIRL?)

But Sam Arias is my heart and I LOVE HER and I will be SO PISSED if something happens to her or Ruby. 

Share this post


Link to post

Okay...I....Hnnnnnnnnng. 

 

Maybe I'm the only one here that cares, but this issue between 

Spoiler

Kara/Supergirl and Lena

is driving me CRAZY!!! I saw the trailer for the new episode tonight, and my heart is already breaking. Argh. My OTP, and everything is being torn apart. Why. Whhhhyy. Why do I have to be so emotional about this??? This is what angst dreams are made of, but I can't see a happy ending on the horizon and it's giving me major anxiety. PLEASE let my babies make up and be friends. I can't handle it if this breaks them apart permanently. I hate being betrayed by my favorite shows 😭

Share this post


Link to post

I watch all 4 shows, my favourite at the moment is Legends and I am so pleased that Constantine is going to be a regular on season 4! 😎  I really enjoyed his own show, and his guesting in the Arrowverse has just not been enough. I'm also looking forward to seeing the Constantine cartoon.

 

Hazeh, that plotline is also annoying me. I loved a point Lena made in regards to what Supergirl was getting pissy about, it was so true. Honestly hypocrite Kara is not a good look for her. (I need to learn how to do spoiler tags.)

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/3/2018 at 7:42 AM, Blake_Wolfe said:

I watch all 4 shows, my favourite at the moment is Legends and I am so pleased that Constantine is going to be a regular on season 4! 😎  I really enjoyed his own show, and his guesting in the Arrowverse has just not been enough. I'm also looking forward to seeing the Constantine cartoon.

 

Hazeh, that plotline is also annoying me. I loved a point Lena made in regards to what Supergirl was getting pissy about, it was so true. Honestly hypocrite Kara is not a good look for her. (I need to learn how to do spoiler tags.)

He is such a great character. I love his interactions with literally everyone :D I'm very excited to see how he works out in Season 4!

 

(spoiler tags is the eye-ball icon next to the emoticons)

Ugh, those last few episodes where

Spoiler

Lena snapped at Supergirl and revealed her feelings to Kara were honestly so heartbreaking. I'm so MAD. Like, their friendship was one of the best things this show had in terms of relationships besides the Danvers sisters and Space Dad J'onn. Now it almost feels irreparable? Talk about stuck between a rock and a hard place. Supergirl eff'd up, and Kara is right-- if Lena found out about her, she'd be absolutely devastated and their friendship would be ruined. But I also don't think its a good idea for her to keep her Supergirl secret from Lena either? It's dragged on long enough, and Lena is bound to find out one way or another, especially since her own mother knows who Supergirl is. Best friends should be honest. I get that Kara likes being just-Kara with Lena, I do, but she should be able to be Kara Zor-El with her best friend, not just Kara Danvers :( This all is crushing me!! 

Also, this show needs to treat Sam better!!! Leave my girl ALONE!! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/12/2018 at 4:21 PM, hazeh said:

He is such a great character. I love his interactions with literally everyone :D I'm very excited to see how he works out in Season 4!

 

(spoiler tags is the eye-ball icon next to the emoticons)

Ugh, those last few episodes where

 


Thanks Hazeh! 😃

Oh I totally agree.  I am looking forward the next season and seeing how they play it out.

I'd type more, but have done a bit too much on here / in chat and hurt my hands.

Share this post


Link to post

That finale tho....

 

Spoiler

I'm REALLY sad to see Sam go. I love that she got to beat the snot out of Reign and take back her life, but I hate that she's suddenly all human now and is just going to up and leave with Ruby. They've become so important to the main cast of characters, it feels...weird that they're just leaving? Also it would have been great for Kara to get a chance to teach someone about her kryptonian heritage since she didn't get a chance to with Kal. Just missed opportunities all around.

Also, I'm gonna miss Winn big time. Not Mon-El so much, lol. I'm glad he's doing the right thing and going back to the future, it shows that he really did grow up and mature (i'd wanted him to go to Daxam and fix his homeworld in season 2 when his mom asked him to, but he stayed behind for his own personal desires). And I wonder how James's reveal is going to affect his relationship with Lena?

 

Share this post


Link to post

I've seen s1 of flash and dc legends, as well as I am up to the season of arrow with the archer "Prometheus" I think is his name, I personally love arrow more than the others, although Legends is becoming much more of a liked show. I have not seen Supergirl and even Constantine, I do want to watch them, I do also want a Constantine season 2 :( he did make a camo in season 4 of arrow though.

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/14/2018 at 4:20 AM, zorua9 said:

I've seen s1 of flash and dc legends, as well as I am up to the season of arrow with the archer "Prometheus" I think is his name, I personally love arrow more than the others, although Legends is becoming much more of a liked show. I have not seen Supergirl and even Constantine, I do want to watch them, I do also want a Constantine season 2 :( he did make a camo in season 4 of arrow though.

DC Legends is great! Season 2 and 3 are awesome. The first one was great, but it's one of those rare shows that gets better and better through the seasons (so far, anyway). It's probably my favorite superhero show just for how silly it is. :D 

 

I will always love Supergirl, though. It's very dear to my heart. But after some spoiler-y comments in a recent article, I don't know that I can enjoy this upcoming season 4 at all. :( I'm really bummed:

Spoiler

Someone wrote that Lena is going to find out about Kara's secret identity and that the two will become "bitter enemies." That's like... the worst news I've heard. It's like the writers are intentionally trying to kick down their fans and keep them there. I hope that the end result is the two of them becoming friends again and closer than ever, but, I have low hopes for that now. Lena and Kara are one of the best parts of the show. I don't Lena to get turned into Lex 2.0 for the sake of "drama." Supergirl seems to focus too much on drama now that it's a CW show-- which isn't all that surprising, it just really, really sucks. I used to adore this show. Now it just makes me upset. *sigh*

 

Share this post


Link to post

Season 4 of Supergirl has started! I thought the first episode was pretty good. Kara definitely needs a bit of a wake up call! Also, I love Alex and Brainy together already.

 

Side note, the new season of Legends starts up in a few days too! WHOO! The trailer was AMAZING but also surprisingly gorey? 

Share this post


Link to post

If you guys aren't watching Legends of Tomorrow, I beg you to start! The season premier was amazing and ridiculous, of course. Evil man eating unicorns that shoot psychedelic drugs from their horns? Um, yes please. 

 

Also, all the gay was GREAT. Best show, hands down. 

Share this post


Link to post

I used to watch The Flash and I'll probably pick it up again because I'm weak when it comes to super-powers and all in shows, it's just a good chunk of the characters I don't like much. Most especially, Barry just isn't that great of a main character to watch, he's honestly super annoying. Caitlin as the main character would be awesome.

 

I watched a couple Legends of Tomorrow episodes and really I just... forgot about the show haha. I've heard that Supergirl isn't worth much so I probably won't touch it. And honestly not sure why I haven't looked at Arrow yet because from what I've seen while watching Flash, I like Oliver a lot.

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.