leaf0701

SPAM:Two Year Hiatus?

Hiatus?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For whatever reason, I dropped off the face of this site for the past two years and have no idea where to post for advice. Other than missing a load of new releases and events, I've also pretty much forgotten everything else that I was doing when I left (safe to say I regret it). I'm not really sure where to post this, but I'm wondering if anyone else has done something similar with taking a huge break, and if anyone has any crucial info for me that I missed. :D

Edited by leaf0701

Right after the uh, data/lag monster mishap back in 2009 I'm pretty sure I lost some dragons, got frustrated, then left. (I can't be 100% sure of this though because it was so long ago and my memory is shot)

Later on I tried finding my email and password to the site but couldn't remember it so again I forgot the site for a while afterward. I finally came back and got my old email switched to a new one in July of 2015 (had to look at my next oldest dragons to remember the date) and I've been on ever since. Though I do have like mini vacations from the site. Like I'll have a long spurt of activity, and then take a few months away sometimes. However my last few vacations were actually just me not having a good computer anymore. My old laptop hard drive burnt up so I use my friends computers when they let me, the library computers (only for like and hour because of their time limits), or try through my tablet or ipod which run like crud and barely work. I've been good and active for the last couple of months, though I can't do any art still unless I'm at a friends house. On the tablet it just takes way too long and I get too frustrated over a single dang dot on the screen that I have to replace and erase eighty times before I get it in the right spot with my pudgy fingers. XD

Edited by TerraAnne

When I first started on DragonCave I was playing with a bunch of friends from a different forum. When they all started to lose interest in it i decided maybe it wasn't that fun playing without them, so I didn't really do much with the game for awhile. I still logged on every week or so but wasn't all that active. And then a couple years later I took an extended break, although I haven't the slightest clue why... I think a combination of Real Life crap and just kind of forgetting about DC. And yes I've certainly regretted it... I see users who joined around the same time I did that have literally twice the number of dragons I have, and I think about how many more dragons I could have by now if I hadn't stopped playing.

The best advice I can give is to set a few realistic goals, if you are interested in obtaining all the breeds you've missed. Poke around and see which of the breeds are fairly common, because those should be fairly easy to get. Don't be afraid to pop into the Trading/Gifting threads, lots of us are happy to gift dragons when we can. There is normally a new release every month (there may not be one this month since it's in-between the Halloween and Christmas events, but there have been November drops a few times so you never know), and they are *usually* on a weekend-night, towards the end of the month, but don't hold me to that 'cause TJ likes to mess with us, lol. You also could check out the News subforum to get an idea of the sorts of changes that have happened to the game, like Groups being added and new zombie sprites.

I've taken at least two years-long hiatuses since I started, but I always do eventually come back. I really like collecting the dragon breeds and breeding the hybrids and such, but what drives me to needing a break is usually my impatience and frustration in getting the rarer eggs. My only regrets have been missing out on CB holiday breeds, but this year's Halloween really helped me get some of the ones I missed and I hope we get a chance to get the other holiday CBs from previous years.

I became inactive around three years ago, around the release of the Mistletoe dragons (completely gone from the forums, and basically only picking up a couple of the new holidays and releases whenever I dropped by), and only just came back at the start of October.

This topic (or the majority of the replies to this topic) has been deemed spam. Spam is not allowed per the board rules. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.