purplehaze

ANSWERED:Unable to move messages from inbox to other folders

I have mentioned this several times in TLQ, but never got any answer and it seems to me to be a glitch. I have several messages in my inbox that I would like to move out into other folders, but every time I try I am just redirected to my inbox with those stubborn messages still sitting there. I have tried many times, different days, even different folders, but they refuse to move. The only thing I seem able to do to remove messages from my inbox is to delete them, but these are ones that I would like to save.

How are you doing it ? I just tried some and it worked... But it is a different mechanic than we used to have...

Is there more than one way?

I am checking the little box under the message title, clicking on the arrow on the pop-up at the bottom of the page, selecting the folder I want from the drop-down menu, and then clicking save.

Edit: Oh! I see. If I select options from the message itself it has a "move to" option. That did work -- at least for the one message I tried.

I still think it is a glitch that I can't do it the other way.

Edited by purplehaze

I selected several and used the pop-up box... and you have to select the folder there, while the box is - as you might say - open -

Edited by fuzzbucket

That absolutely does not work for me. I tried moving multiple messages and tried only moving one. Tried moving to different folders. Nothing. They stayed stubbornly in my inbox. The screen would refresh and be right back where it started.

If no one else is having this issue it must be something with my computer. I have found the other way of moving them (although that involves opening each message and only allows moving one at a time) so I guess this can be considered answered?

Edited by purplehaze

Oooh. Javascript ? Do you use noscript ?

Just tat you DO need javascript enabled to do it....

ACTUALLY - try another browser. That will tell you whether it's some add-on preventing you.

Well, it seems to work in Chrome. I am a bit puzzled, as I have no add-ons in Firefox except Adblock Plus and that is disabled on DC. :unsure: Anyway, the other method works fine for me in Firefox and this does seem to be something unique to me, so I think this thread can be closed.

You remove the other participant from the conversation.

Click the little arrow next to their name, then "Remove from conversation".

That has nothing to do with purplehaze's issue though.

Edited by Ruby Eyes