Stromboli

Multi-Select: Ctrl+Click Not Selecting

I hear that we should be able to select multiple dragons to add to a group using ctrl+click? When I try this, it just does the default behavior, acting like a right click.

599b1317683fc_ScreenShot2017-08-21at11_33_50AM.png.19904b6e39b3d69e5635b53b4b40a692.png

Same thing is observed in Chrome and Firefox. Anyone else having this issue?

Like pretty much all keyboard shortcuts between Windows and Mac, I believe you need to use command instead of ctrl on OSX

Cmd+click didn't do anything. Acted like a regular click, selected the dragon I clicked on and deselected any previously clicked.

I came here to post about this exact issue. Using Firefox, not sure which version, Windows 10, on an almost-new Samsung laptop, if that makes any difference.

Shift+click works, and if I use that to select multiple dragons, I can then use ctrl+click to deselect individual dragons. But just using ctrl+click from the start doesn't work and I can't figure out why. It works in when custom sorting my entire scroll, but not when trying to mass add dragons to groups. I want to create a group for my hundreds of frozen hatchlings, but having to use shift+click to select 10 dragons, then ctrl+click to deselect the 8 that are not frozen hatchlings, then repeating that process for my whole 2800-dragon scroll, is a tedious and frustrating work-around.

In another thread, someone suggested clicking the names/codes (the text part) of the list and not the images.

4 hours ago, Amberfly said:

I came here to post about this exact issue. Using Firefox, not sure which version, Windows 10, on an almost-new Samsung laptop, if that makes any difference.

Shift+click works, and if I use that to select multiple dragons, I can then use ctrl+click to deselect individual dragons. But just using ctrl+click from the start doesn't work and I can't figure out why. It works in when custom sorting my entire scroll, but not when trying to mass add dragons to groups. I want to create a group for my hundreds of frozen hatchlings, but having to use shift+click to select 10 dragons, then ctrl+click to deselect the 8 that are not frozen hatchlings, then repeating that process for my whole 2800-dragon scroll, is a tedious and frustrating work-around.

I believe this is a separate issue. This thread is for ctrl+click not working on OS X. In your case, your computer is running Windows. What seems to be happening in your instance is that, as Ruby Eyes pointed out, ctrl+click on the image doesn't work (though clicking anywhere else in the row should). I can reproduce this, so I'll see about fixing this soon.

Mac, on the other hand, seems to not register that ctrl (or command) were pressed when clicking. I don't know if I can work around that, unfortunately, but I'll have to take a look when I have access to a Mac.

Thank you both, that seems to work. It's not intuitive but I'm at least able to use the feature now.

Sorry, this has been bugging me, did some digging.

It looks like your click listener is looking for the event.ctrlkey property, yeah?

Should be able to map that to Mac by checking event.ctrlkey OR event.metakey for the Mac command key.

Mac's default to treat ctrl+click as a right click means that the mouseup of the click isn't caught, so that click listener's not firing.

heyo. it's been a while. this feature still doesn't work on mac for me. :( 

Edited by Stromboli

On 5/30/2019 at 6:57 AM, Stromboli said:

heyo. it's been a while. this feature still doesn't work on mac for me. :( 

I was just coming here to point this out. Shift + click lets me select from top to bottom, etc, but I've tried command + click, option + click, control + click and none of them work. I have windows at work so if necessary I can do stuff there, but it'd be nice if this worked or had a workaround.