Vorgin

The Shadows Between

Solessa skipped around Rey in a joyous manner, "It's a seeeeecret~" She laughed and skipped off to her hut. A black wood building covered in charms and voodoo trinkets, with a walk way right to the Lagoon. A large pool filled with Black water. Rey could sense the massive Darkness radiating from it, just like the Spire in Dayrise City radiated Light. "Come on, follow me!!" She opened her home to them. Xel dare not say no, and followed.

Jynn just shrugged while Rey paled slightly before the former led the latter towards Solessa's hut that was next to the lagoon while also fiollowing Xel. As they got closer, Rey could sense a dark power coming from the water's surface and it was a lot like what the Spire in Dayrise City felt like but the only difference was that power radiating from that was Light.

Inside the hut was the same as the outside, minus the large grey skinned demon that was in a cage, bound by chains. It growled at them. Solessa giggled and skipped up to the caged, "Dear Brother! We have guests!"
Xel had heard about this. Solessa's brother underwent the end fate of all Darks, being fully engulfed by their power and turned into a dark monster with no control. Solessa was the only exception, using her her connection to the Lagoon to stay sane and still keep the massive power boost that came with it. The price remained, that she had to be in the city at all times.
The demon looked at Rey and roared at her. Solessa smiled and bopped the demon on the head with a stick, "Now now, don't be rude!"

Rey was taken aback by the presence of the demon monster in the cage but otherwise didn't show any other emotion on her face. Jynn, however, wasn't surprised to see the monster because she had heard rumors about him. When he roared at Rey, she smiled a bit and then hid a giggle behind her hand when Solessa hit the demon on the head with a stick but Rey looked a bit frightened after the roar was finished. She hoped that she didn't have to go near it at all.

After a few minutes more of silence Jynn said, "Well if you don't need me I'm going to go in case the higher-ups want me to go on anymore missions." She turned to leave but then turned back towards Rey when she heard her speak: "Grix is going to kill you when he comes to rescue me. He's very protective of me and will stop at nothing to bring me back to Light City."

"Is that so Sunshine? Well he can certainly try to kill me but I don't think he'll be very successful because I'm a hard one to kill," Jynn said in reply to what the assassin said before  turning to Solessa again and saying a few minutes later, "When you're done 'playing' with her you can put her in one of the rooms next to you." She then left shortly afterward to head towards her Dire Bat.

Edited by redfox

Xel followed Jynn out, "I just wanted to say, the mission was fun overall. Thanks for the invite." He gave a genuine smile, "IF you need a wingman again, I am usually napping around anyway." He shrugged as he extended his offer.

Solessa turned to Rey, "Anyway... I'm Solessa! What's your name?" She grinned, her personality was like a playful child.

"You're welcome and sure I'll definitely ask you again," Jynn said in reply with a smile before mounting her Bat and then heading back towards their city afterward.

Rey looked at Solessa when the former introduced herself and relaxed slightly before saying in reply, "I'm Rey and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. It's nice to meet you Solessa." It was true what she said about her not knowing what she was there for and she also wasn't sure how to react to Solessa's personality.

Xel watched her fly off with a sigh, "...I can't get a read on that one..." He chuckled and made his way back to Solessa's hut.

Solessa grinned, "Well to start, you and I will become bestest friends! We'll pick berries, garden, go to the market, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'll occasionally use you for experiments. I've already exploited a Dark with all my hexes and potions. Right brother?" The large demon gave a low growl.

Jynn flew for a bit longer until the city was in sight but went to the tree that housed the Bats first so that she could put hers away. When she got to it, she landed, unsaddled and unbridled her bat, gave it a good pat, and then it flew back up to its perch as she put the saddle and bridle away.

Rey listened to everything that Solessa said and her face stayed emptionless until she heard the part regarding the former doing occassional experiments on her. Her face paled slightly at that but she just nodded and didn't say anything.

((a thought just came to me. what if the Light soldiers capture Jynn and they trade or demand a ranson for Rey's release?))

Edited by redfox

((That could work, assuming they could capture her. It would be even more interesting if Rey start to sympathize with the Darks seeing they aren't evil.))

Solessa bounced in place, "Wonderful! Tell me, what kinds of things do you like do? Sew, cook, fight, dance? You into any boys?" She leans in with a grin, "Your so young and cute I'm sure there a line waiting for you back home~" She giggled.

((they could split up and capture her that way maybe. I guess but if they aren't evil, then why'd they do the caravan massacre?))

"I fight mostly and I do like someone but he doesn't feel the same way right now. I don't because I'm too different from everyone else back in the Light city. I'm the only assassin there," Rey said in reply to Solessa's questions of what she liked, who she liked and her last statement about her having a line of boys that liked her back home.

((Their at war, war makes you terrible things. Light side did bad things to Darks too.))

Solessa smiled brightly, :Perfect, you would fit in right as rain here! Assassins usually use darkness to aid the light, right?" She skipped over to a hot tea pot and poured them each a glass, "Please, sit, drink, get comfortable. If anything, I want to solve an issue that has been going on for far too long... misunderstanding." Her smile slowly faded.

"Oh and yes I guess we do. Okay and what sort of misunderstanding?" Rey said and asked in reply curiously as she sat down and drank some of the tea that she was served.

Solessa looked down into her cup, "...this war is making monsters of us all. Your people looks at us and calls us murderers and demons... yet we say the same back to you. I know about the attack on your caravan. Every. Detail." He took a sip, "War makes good people do terrible things. I wish it wasn't necessary.. not that you have to take my words as truth, I'm the closest thing to a demon here, my brother is more innocent than I."

Rey listened to everything Solessa said and realized that she was right. When the caravan attack was mentioned, she looked a bit sad as she looked away from both the cup and the witch. "I don't even remember when the war started or why it did between us but maybe it can stop," she said when she looked back at the former again. "You don't look like a demon to me," she said after sipping some more of her tea and hearing what she said last.

A light soldier from Grey Town flew on a Pegasus towards where the caravan was supposed to be but found it in ruins along with all of the dead bodies of other light soldiers. After looking around a bit more, he discovered the one lone survivor and went towards him. "Sir do you need assistance?" he asked him after he had landed.

((this second paragraph is in case Grix is still there. If he's not, then I can edit that part out))

Edited by redfox

Solessa smiled warmly, "Looks can always be deceiving. You are an assassin, but you are a user of Light. Xel looks like a murderous dark warrior, but you've never seen him here. He's lazy and carefree." She giggled and took another sip of tea before looking into her cup, "Aren't we all just people, cursed with power?"

Grix stared at the sky in the direction they took Rey, "...Yes... I need a ride home... I need a hunting party."

"I guess so and I've seen him be nice but very briefly. He was helping heal me and when I asked a question and started to talk to him, he was mean again while threatening to knock me out," Rey said in reply to the first few statements before hearing the question. "I guess we are but not all Light people are cursed. Maybe a handful but not all of us. We could have that in common," she said after a few minutes as well as another sip of her tea.

The soldier nodded and got off before saying, "I'll let you guide the Pegasus back to your town/city since I'm still new to the area and don't know exactly where everything is yet." He did wonder what the hunting party was for but didn't ask. He just assumed it was to find the people responsible for the caravan but didn't know that it was also for finding someone that was captured as well.

Grix jump onto the winged horse, and when the soldier joined him, they made their way back to Dayrise City...

Solessa frowned, "Unfortunately I wish that is true... have you ever met an old Light user? I assure you they don't exist... neither do old dark users." She looks at her brother, "These powers slowly change us over the years. Us into monsters... and you into emotionless machines." She finished her tea and sighed, "The only people safe are those who have no power."

"So what are you forming a hunting party for?" Mark asked curiously as they made their way back to where Grix lived and also while looked around at the scenery with interest.

Rey listened with curiosity to what Solessa was telling her and wondered why she wasn't told any of this in her training. She shook her head in a negative when asked about if she had heard about old light or old dark users before listening even more to what was said while also finishing her tea. When the former finished she said with a frown of her own, "I wonder why I wasn't told about anything you just told me. Until now, I didn't know about any of that information."

Grix growled under his breath as the flying horse flew south, "...a rescue mission."

Solessa lightly chuckled, "What better way to maintain a happy people than to make them naive? Or even zealous to the idea that all Light is good and all Darkness is evil. It's an easy to follow concept, but the world is far from that. Light can blind... Darkness can protect. They are not bound to morales. Only people are. Does that make sense?"

"Oh okay," Mark said in reply and then had his attention be mostly on their surroundings as they got closer to their destination and kept quiet for the rest of the time.

Rey listened to Solessa's other explanation and understood what she was saying and nodded when asked if she understood. "Yes," she said cerbally in case that's what she wanted to hear instead of just seeing her nod. She then looked out the window and hoped that Grix was okay and not injured. She hadn't been able to tell if he was or not when she was flown away on the Bat but she had seen that he had been staggering a bit when he had started towards her before she was captured.

The sun was starting to rise as the pegasus made it to the city of Light. Once there, it's like the morning sky didn't exist.

Solessa smile. "It must have been a long night. Feel free to retire to you room next door. Xel will wake you up for your first full day here. I will try to make it enjoyable to an extent." She smiled sincerely.

((Heya! Just letting you know I will be on hiatus for awhile, I am going to Iceland and won't be back until Sept 3rd. Sorry but I hope you have a good week or so!))

((it's fine and I hope you had a good trip :). I did have a good week and also posted a reply in Purge of Toria last night so when you get a chance, you can post in there when you're ready ^_^))

Mark looked upon the sight before him and just stared at it in awe for a bit before saying when he had a voice, "Wow." Then a little while later after they landed he said as his fellow light soldier got off of the Pegasus, "Good luck with your rescue mission." He saluted him and then took off back towards Grey Town.

Rey nodded in reply before heading over to the room to the right of Solessa's. She then closed the door after she was in there, went to the bed, unmade it, and then fell asleep soon after her head hit the pillow.

Edited by redfox