Vorgin

The Shadows Between

((it's okay. I figured it was something like that :)))

"Hm I was thinking of both dropping an explosive as well as making a spiked pit for their trail," Jynn said in reply while also grinning because his grin was contagious before mounting her dire bat. After she had mounted it, she led the way to where she had learned the caravan was to be while on their way to Grey Town. When she spotted it awhile later, she both quietly and quickly landed her Dire Bat in the woods some yards ahead of the traveling band before signaling him to do the same and then got to work in making a spiked pit in the trail.

Xel landed close by. As she began to work on the pit trap, Xel started fusing the bombs for the aerial attack. As the spike trap would panic them and make them look on the ground, they would ignore the real threat swooping in from above. It was perfect, he only hoped that he didn't kill all of them with bombs alone. He needed some action.

The Caravan was quiet. Most of those in it were asleep. Only about 5 men were on guard duty.

When Jynn was done with the pit awhile later, she went over to where Xel was to see if he needed any help with the bombs. "Want any help or do you have it covered?" she asked when she was next to him.

Rey couldn't sleep so she stayed awake and watched their surroundings while up with the driver of the first cart of the caravan.

Edited by redfox

((Lol first fart))

Xel shook his head, "No, they are ready to go. We are ready to attack when they hit the pitfall trap." He chuckled, "Those Light *******s wont see what hit them." He stop up, gathering the bombs into a bag, and attached the bag to the Dire Bat.

((I guess I typed too fast. I obviously meant 'cart'))

Jynn nodded before stepping back into the trees to wait for the chaos that would ensue over their ambush attack of the Light scum's caravan.

Edited by redfox

Time ticked past. Xel kept to the trees on his bat... waiting. Then a lantern light. Then another, soon the two could see the line of lights that were outside the oxen pulled carts. The night was only just beginning...

Grix sat down next to Rey with a huff, "You really should get some sleep. He only a day away, and we wont get much sleep once we get boots on the ground. Try to rest." He smiled.

Jynn was about to fall asleep when she saw the lanterns of the caravan in the distance. She got out a dagger and her bow along with the quiver of arrows that went with it to prepare for the attack that they were going to carry out soon.

"I got plenty of sleep before the journey so I'm fine. Also if my dad hears about me falling asleep when we're under attack and I don't do anything to help I'd get in trouble," Rey said in reply with a small smile before looking ahead of them again. Something then caught her eye a few yards in front of them. "What's that dark thing up ahead? Would it be something that the dark scourge would concoct?" she asked him just before she started to look at the surroundings around them while getting out her own bow and quiver of arrows.

Grix was about to respond when the ground broke. With a yell, the oxen fell to a impaled demised. Grix grabbed Rey and jumped from the cart with her as the cart fell in, the soldiers inside either dead or severely wounded, He yelled out, "BATTLE STATIONS!"

It was replied with a cart exploding. Xel was flying above, dropping bombs onto the caravan. Grix watched in horror as carts, oxen, and bodies flew from the explosions of dark bombs. It was a massacre. The soldiers that did survive were in a panic. Grix had his shield at the ready, but no weapon.

Rey briefly looked surprised when Grix suddenly jumped with her off of the cart but then it faded when she watched the cart fall into the pit. She felt sorry for the oxen and their fellow soldiers that fell to their death before bombs were dropped from the air.

She readied her bow and quiver and arrows after throwing Grix a staff that she had when she noticed that he didn't have a weapon. She didn't have a sword which would have been better but the only other thing she had were daggers and she thought her companion wouldn't like those. She then aimed her bow towards the woods when she heard the twang sound of one firing but didn't shoot hers in time to block the incoming arrow and ended up getting it in her shoulder. She cried out in pain before pulling it out and shooting another arrow.

Jynn smiled when she saw her arrow lodge itself in the light scum assassin's shoulder but then it faded a bit when she watched her pull it out. She then became encouraged when she saw the former weakened so she threw one of her daggers and it lodged in her chest. She smiled wider then earlier when she watched the other fall over. "Xel! Let's go!" she called to her companion as she mounted her own Dire Bat and started to fly back towards their headquarters.

As the the Dark disciple that had injured her flew away, Rey was fighting to stay conscious while laying on her side where she had fallen. She moved her hand to pull the dagger out but briefly thought that it might be a bad idea to do that.

((thought that I'd add a bit of drama :ph34r:))

Edited by redfox

Grix staggered towards Rey, the bombs left his senses ringing, and the blasts had actually done some damage through his tough exterior. 

Xel smirked as he saw Jynn nearly kill a girl, a perfect candidate. He jumped off his bat and between Grix and Rey. Grix snarled, "DARK FILTH!!" Xel only shrugged and walked towards Rey. Grix pushed himself towards them before tripping. Looking down, a tendril of darkness had popped up at Xel's command, "I'm taking the girl... and as much I want to kill you, Paladin, go home and send the message that you expansion North has been delayed..." He took a knee by Rey, "...you see... this is the part where I offer to capture or you let me kill you, but I am going to have to play a Free Card." He grabbed hold of the knife, and it started to dissolve into nothing, then took out some cloth and quickly patched her up her wound, adding pressure, "Can't have you bleeding out like... well... the rest of your buddies."

Rey was able to turn over a bit and saw that Grix was coming towards her and was relieved by that but then when she saw the dark soldier jump in between them, dismay replaced the relief. Then she felt helpless when she heard what the latter said next about him taking her. She was glad that Grix was allowed to live but was a bit confused now when she saw the dark soldier healing her. "So you are still going to capture me but you just don't want me to die before you do or are you letting me go?" she asked still with the confusion in her voice and on her face while also trying to figure out what their enemy actually wanted to do.

Edited by redfox

Xel groaned at her question, "Either shut up or I'll have to drag around an unconscious girl..." He finished his patching up, then lifted her and walked to his Dire Bat. The Bat snarled at her as Xel put her onto it, "Down girl, You won't have to carry her for long..." He also got on. They could see Grix staggering closer, "Let her go filth!" Xel just chuckled before the Bat shot into the sky, and began to follow Jynn. "You had to shoot the perfect candidate for my kidnapping... now we have to treat her medically as well as holding." 

Once they got far enough away from the caravan, Xel put on a blindfold on Rey so she couldn't see where Nightfall Lagoon was located before they got there.

Rey just glared at him before he finished patching up her wound and then quietly sat on the back of the Bat after she was put on it. When she saw Grix come closer to them, she had a scared expression on her face that she rarely ever had but then again she had never been captured before. She then rolled her eyes when she heard what the dark soldier that captured her said to another one when they were a few minutes away from where they left the caravan.

"How was I supposed to know that she was going to be the one you wanted to kidnap? I can't read minds, you know. Also why didn't you kill the Paladin?" Jynn asked back in reply with a small scowl on her face as they left the caravan site. She then watched as he put a blindfold on the other girl as they were nearing Nightfall Lagoon before she had her attention go back to being ahead of them again.

Edited by redfox

Xel sighed, "I left him alive so that those Light idiots knew that it wasn't an accident that killed them, but us. Darks who made quick work of them. They can't hunt us down, and they know that if they want to send another caravan, they will need to send a heavily armored one, which wastes resources and overall would hurt their military resources. I'm not just a murderous grunt, I know tactics." he huffed as the Bats started to descend.

"Okay. I'll continue the patching of the other injury I caused while we figure out where we're going to put her while here. Also should we demand a ransom from them for them to get her back or how are we going to handle that part?" Jynn said and asked in reply just before her bat landed on the shore of the Lagoon.

Edited by redfox

Xel raised his hand, "Don't worry, don't worry, I will handle things as you take care of her. The higher ups came up with the idea anyway, I'm not the mastermind for... whatever they want to do to her." He removes her blindfold when they land. Rey sees Nightfall Lagoon... is not the scum and disgusting place she had been told about. It was an oasis paradise. People living normal lives, not savages fighting over scraps. 

"So you already had something in mind but didn't bother to tell me about it when I asked you if you wanted to help with the attack, why?" Jynn asked while being a bit annoyed. The fact that he hadn't bothered to tell her what the higher ups had planned made her somewhat ticked off and hurt but she only let the annoyance show on her face and in her voice. She kept the other two at bay and hidden.

Whem the blindfold was taken off, Rey looked around the area with interest. She thought that it interesting that she wasn't told the truth about this place but maybe the sources that she had heard about from were told to tell a lie about it. She mentally shrugged at that and continued to look at everything and everyone, ignoring the impending argument nearby.

Xel groaned, "Because I wasn't SUPPOSED to tell anyone about it. But now that we got her here, it doesn't matter anymore. I'm sorry." His voice was sincere, which was odd for Xel. He pet his Dire Bat as he undid the harness. "Now, let's please put this behind us..."

"Oh and it's okay. Sure but what are we supposed to do with her while she's here? I can help patch her up but I'm not that great at keeping someone company," Jynn said in reply while also unharnessing and unsaddling her own Bat while Rey continued to look around the place. She had thrown back her hood with some difficulty because of her injured shoulder but had still managed to uncover her face.

Edited by redfox

Xel smirked, "Just... make sure she doesn't get into trouble... or anyone else hurt her. I will go talk to the tops to see where they want her. Bonus points if you apologize to her." He chuckled at the thought of a Dark asking a Light for forgiveness. With that, he jogged up to the Dark main military building, "I'll be back in a moment!"

"Okay and seriously? Alright," Jynn said and asked in reply before Xel ran off to the main building there at the Lagoon. The question was asked in response to what he had joked about regarding her apologizing to the Light assassin and the last thing she said was in response to what he yelled as he jogged away. She sighed and then got started on working on patching up the shoulder wound that had been caused by one of her arrows after they moved to one of the abandoned buildings there so they could have some privacy. Once there, she had the other take off her shirt so that she could get to the wound easier.

Edited by redfox

About ten minutes passed before Xel returned to the girls, he held a key, "They want her to have a room in the hut next to the Lagoon Witch." He looked confused, but also exhausted like he argued the idea of allowing their prisoner to live in a room instead of a cell. "Both of you follow me..." He turned and slowly walked to the Lagoon.

Jynn had just finished patching up Rey's other wound and the latter had just put her shirt back into place when Xel found them and told them what he had found out. Jynn also looked a bit confused at the news of the other girl getting a room but then just shrugged and they both followed him to the Lagoon.

Edited by redfox

They reached a small shack. Xel was about to open the door when a woman burst out with dark grayish skin and purple glowing eyes.
Solessa grinned widely, "Dearest Xel and Jynn! Welcome home!!"

Xel gave a small bow, "Shaman..."

She huffed, "Oh drop the formalities. You know I'm more of a witch than a Shaman, just call me Solessa. Oh! Is this the Light you brought as my new play mate?"

Xel blinked in confusion, "...playmate?"

Jynn still walked behind Xel on the way to the little shack with Rey and smiled in greeting to Solessa after the latter had come out. "Thank you Solessa," she said after the witch had verbally greeted them and then also looked as confused as Xel did when she said what she did. "What do you mean by 'play mate'?" she asked a bit unsure and her smile fading a bit to match her expression.

Rey looked at the witch a bit wearily before hearing what was said about her being the former's 'play mate' and also wanted to know what she had meant while also looking a bit more scared than earlier when she was captured.

Edited by redfox