Vorgin

The Shadows Between

A 1x1 with redfox using characters from Purge of Toria in a whole different adventure, a way to practice as well as flesh out the world:

Main Story here:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=179073&st=0

Characters

Username: Dotzrus

Name: Grix Falling

Light or Dark: Light

Appearance: Grix

Personality: Grix is the definition of Paladin. Strong, brave, and a gentleman, Grix strives to be the bulwark of city to protect the people. Grix is very friendly to his fellow Light Disciples, but when training or fighting the Hunted, he turns it up to 110%. While he is friendly and open to those around him, he is not the best at dealing with emotional or personal conversation in which he can get flustered or freezes up.

Physical Element Trait: Grix has glowing white runes that cover his chest and go up his right arm and the right side of his neck.

Other: His Light power usually encompasses creating Shields, sword projectiles, and creating a Lion made of Light for a powerful AOE blast.

Username: Dotzrus

Name: Xel

Light or Dark: Dark

Appearance: Xel

Personality: Xel like many Hunted is a rebel. Fighting is a way to get his blood pumping, it's something he enjoys, sometimes too much. When not in a fight, he likes it quiet. He relaxes to the point of being lazy, so to him friends are an after thought. He wishes he could meet people who get him.

Physical Element Trait: His left hand is completely black and clawed. The skin is also durable like a blade so he uses it as a weapon. He also has a demon horn hidden in his spiked hair.

Other: His uses his dark power to fire bladed projectiles, fly, and melt into shadows for quick movement.

---------------------------------------------

Username: redfox

Name: Rey

Light or Dark: Light

Appearance: Rey - she has a halo over her head.

Personality: emotionless and cold at first and then is really sweet and kind once she gets to know someone a bit better. a bit mysterious at times, can be shy but not often, and doesn't really talk that much.

Physical Element Trait: Rey has a tattoo of a snake-like dragon on her right arm that goes down to her wrist but isn't seen when she's wearing her assassin hood.

Other: is a trainee assassin. she'll probably like/love someone later but she's more focused on training at the moment. her favorite weapon is a bow and a quiver of arrows but she can also use daggers and a staff as well.

here's my dark char:

Username: redfox (or red)
Name: Jynn
Light or Dark: Dark
Appearance: Jynn - wears shorts or long pants, though and not the underwear in the pic.
Personality: mysterious because she mostly keeps to herself, kind but only near her group, stubborn, and sometimes has problems with authority. a loner, basically.
Physical Element Trait: has scales on her arms and her eyes are slitted like a snake/dragon. the scales are like some sort of protection/armor.
Other: her dark power allows her to move with stealth like a ninja and she mostly keeps to the shadows because of that.

Edited by redfox

it's working for me. it starts out as black but you have to wait a bit for it to load. I tried it again by linking it with the link button. if that still doesn't work, let me know and I'll try something else.

Edited by redfox

The war in Toria has long raged between Light and Dark. The leadership on both sides have decided to take claim of the middle ground, Grey Town. While the Light has created a caravan team to begin construction of a Light Barracks, the Dark has decided to send a team to wreck havoc on Light operations.

Xel laid by the edge of the Dark Lagoon, we was known to be lazy like that when off missions. He didn't mind, no one but Vorgin (The military leader) would yell at him. He could feel the power of the Lagoon, it relaxed him. He knew that he was going to be needed soon, so he took all the time he could napping.

Grix loaded another heavy metal chest onto an oxen. He grinned at his handy work. If he was anymore excited for this trip, he would carry an oxen to Grey Town on his own. He chuckled at his own thoughts, the rest of the small Troop of men and woman continued to pack the beasts of burden for their long trip.

Jynn was off doing her own thing, pretty much attacking any person of the light that she could find and didn't care if it was against their leader's orders. When she got bored with that, she headed to the Dark Lagoon to find Xel there and lounging. "Hey there lazybones," she greeted with false cheer from a tree that was above his spot that she had climbed up into.

Rey was off practicing her skills more with her group leader, wanting to be prepared for the trip that everyone was packing for. It was last minute prep but she didn't want to mess anything up and make her dad proud. When she had finished and Finn had let her go, she went to help finish the packing of the caravans with the rest of their people. She nodded in acknowledgement to Grix when she saw him before continuing with what she had started.

Edited by redfox

Xel greeted her by opening one eye, looking at her, and then closing it. With a heavy sigh, he spoke, "Well if it isn't the Rouge of Rouges. What do I owe this interaction?" He wasn't one to be social, and he knew she wasn't either. He thought about opposites attracting, but that never worked out with Darks.

Grix noticed Rey with the work force and grinned, he thought of her as a good friend and comrade. Light Rangers, or in the less public title, Assassins, were a small group, but very respected for their skill. What they lacked in physical strength, they made up in speed and accuracy. Grix blinked and refocused as more people called out they were ready with their loads. The caravan was ready.

"Nothing and you're a rogue yourself despite also being the King of Grumpiness. So I heard the light scum are going on a long journey from the few I attacked for fun earlier and was wondering if you'd be interested in helping me with an ambush-like attack on their caravan," Jynn said in reply to what he said and asked while offering something for him to do.

When the caravan was ready, Rey got into it with the majority of everyone else and waited for it to start moving. She just hoped that they wouldn't encounter any unwelcome guests that might wish to do them harm.

Edited by redfox

Xel opened his eyes again and stretched, "Well this is unusual request coming from you... or are you admitting that you can't do this job by yourself and need some extra firepower?" He gave her a toothy grin as he poked fun at her request.

Grix headed up to the front cart. When the final checks were made, the caravan was off and away. After 5 minutes, they were outside the city walls as people waved them off and cheered for their success. Grix waved back, ready to complete his task in the name of the council and the Light.

"You're insufferable, you know that?" Jynn asked in frustration as she glared her dark blue slitted eyes at him. "I just thought that I'd give you a suggestion of what you can do if you wanted to and it would be nice to have some extra firepower. Two heads are better than one, afterall especially on thinking up plans." After she had said this last statement she jumped out of the tree and onto the ground before starting to walk away.

Rey rested her head back against the wall of the caravan as they started out, her eyes closing while in deep thought of what she could do to help while on this mission.

Edited by redfox

Xel jumped up to his feet, "Hold up hold up... I'll tell you what, this is a very rare opportunity,I would be dumb to pass it by and let you return to your hole. I'll do the job with you... but I think some rules should be set... seeing as we are both 'rogues'." He smirked. 

The caravan began it's long trek into the wild plains. Grix in the front plotting the course with other ranking officers. For Rey it was an easy hop from her cart to the one up front.

"Rules? What kind of rules?" Jynn asked as she turned around to look at him after hearing everything that he said. She had her arms crossed over her chest and didn't look too happy at his smirk. "I also would have done the job by myself without your help before going back to my 'hole.'"

Rey opened her eyes after awhile and went to the front of her cart before hopping up into the one in front of the one she had been in earlier.

Edited by redfox

Xel chuckled and walked up to her, "First rule, we kill all but one." He paused to let that sink in. "And two, you have to be nice to me." He smirked.

Grix turned his head as Rey jumped in, "Ah, hello there. You were just in time for a friendly card game over some drinks." He chuckled as the others there moved to let her sit down.

"Fine," Jynn said in reply to all that he said after he walked up to her before adding with a scowl now on her face, "Stop smirking. It's infuriating."

"Oh good," Rey said in reply before nodding her head in acknowledgement and thanks to the light soldiers that moved to give her room to sit down. Once she was sitting down, she pulled her hood back to reveal her braided, long raven black hair and emerald green eyes so that the rest f the company there could relax.

Edited by redfox

Xel chuckled, "What did I say? Be nice to me." He gave her a pat to her back, "Hey, seriously, relax. I'm just having a bit of fun. Missing like this get the blood pumping, and... I get to see how you work... you know since your a loner and all." He smiled.

Grix smiled seeing her settle in, and they dealt out cards and, having a good time as they were still safe in Light Territory... for now.

Jynn sighed and relaxed slightly before saying without the scowl, "Yeah I guess so. I also get to see how you work because you're also a loner or more like a rebel."

Rey picked up the cards that she was dealt and had a fun time as the game got started. Little did she know of the danger they might be in soon.

Edited by redfox

Xel shrugged, "Flattery will get you nowhere with me... or it will, depends on how much interest you have in me." He snickered as he poked fun at her. It seemed to be easy to do. "Alright alright... lead the way." He stood ready.

"I'm not trying to flatter you. I really haven't seen how you fight so this will be a good chance for me to do so," Jynn said and ignored his snicker. She then nodded when she heard him say to lead the way and did so. She wasn't sure exactly where the caravan was but it wouldn't be hard to spot.

Xel followed her to the Dire Bat tree. As soon as he approached, a mature but battle scarred Dire Bat came down to greet him. He chuckled and patted its head, "I always thought Dire Bats are an excellent judge of character, this is a prime example." He fed it and watched Jynn, "You got your own or do you rent one?"

Jynn watched as a mature Dire Bat came down from the tree while Xrl approached before turning her own attention to the foliage when a smaller but still mature and blind in one eye Dire Bat came down for her as she answered his question, "I have my own." She petted it after she had said what she did and then fed it some of the food that was in one of the troughs there for them.

Xel smirked, "Seems you DO have friends." He chuckled lightly and started to attach a saddle and harness to the massive bat. "So tell me more about this caravan? What did you learn from your little torture victims, hmm?" His voice was more curious now, focused on the mission for once.

Edited by Dotzrus

((Vorgin? I'm also no longer using the color I was using before for her))

"I never said that I didn't have any," Jynn said in reply while sticking out her tongue before hearing his questions while also saddling and harnessing her Dire Bat. "There's at least three carts and as many as maybe 30 individuals in the journeying party," she said in reply to the questions just as she finished saddling and harnessing the Dire Bat.

Edited by redfox

((Sorry... RP mix ups. And that's fine.))

Xel nodded, "30 huh... and I'm guessing you had a plan to take out 30 Light users... or at least most of them without much effort? Drop an explosive? Make a spiked pit on their trail? Contaminate water supply? I'm running out of ideas, throw it at me!" He grins waiting to hear what she has to throw on the table.