Draconiusultamius

Egg return and replacement

I came up for this idea after losing a precoged, incubated CB dorsal dragon yesterday due to a misclick. I meant to click on my 2g dorsal to post on take an egg leave an egg. I've been trying to replace it or contact the person who received it and ask for it back, so I came here searching for a thread dedicated to this, but couldn't find any. I did, however see a banner for a thread similar to the one I want to create, however the link didn't work.

I think we need a thread like this, for people who abandon or trade the wrong egg to either try to get their egg back or get their egg replaced.

Rules:

• 1. No spamming, one bump per day
  • 2. Try to PM the person first. If they don't have a PM, chances are that your egg will be lost forever. Opt for a replaement.
  • 3. NO ASKING FOR AUTOABANDONS DUE TO BREEDING PAST EGG LIMIT (exception is holidays, but it can only be a bloodswap for another egg/hatchling FROM THE SAME breeding pair)
  • 4. Post something that PROVES that this is your egg. (eg. screenshot of action log or the trade link used. Even the current user's scroll name and the egg code is OK, provided you give context)
  • 5. NO FALSE CLAIMS OR YOU WILL BE PERMANENTLY BANNED
  • 6. Be polite when asking for a replacement. If you really want your egg/hatchie back, post a trade link with MORE than what your egg is worth.

Will do everything else if the post is approved.

Wait. So you can ask for an egg back if you don't check your trade link, but not if you don't check your egg limit and auto-abandon? Seems kind of unfair don't you think?

Wait. So you can ask for an egg back if you don't check your trade link, but not if you don't check your egg limit and auto-abandon? Seems kind of unfair don't you think?

Its the forum rules. I know it's sort of unfair, but you aren't allowed to ask for autoabandoned eggs just bc you didn't know you were at your egg limit.

Oh okay. I've learned from my mistakes, and there have been plenty. I check and double check codes of eggs I want to trade, and check and double check whether I've checked the one-way or two-trade option. You can never be too careful. smile.gif

Once an egg leaves your scroll, it is no longer yours. A thread to ask for anything specific that you abandoned, auto'd, or traded away isn't allowed. There is no difference between any of these - in all of these, it is your duty to double check if there's a possibility of an accident.

If this were just a replacement thread, it might be okay, but I would suggest PM'ing a site mod first before posting such a topic.

(Previous topics that I know of targeted specific downtime or other data losses, just an fyi.)

I do not see a need for a thread that is for such a specific trade that you're asking just one person for a specific egg. Therefore, I will close this.

Finally, as has been stated before, it is NOT allowed to post the code of an egg not on your scroll, nor should you be posting the new owner's username. Harassment is against both board rules and cave terms, and it appears that this is the purpose of this thread, which is in no way okay.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler