DuskOfTheStars

When You Become A Pokémon - OOC

Felix is corrsct. I'm going to note that an example of a noncanon allowable variant is red mane/black body Flareon or blue body Snivy. Any canonical forms changing typring and moves are allowed, aside from Alolans because Kalos is not Alola and we've only seen Alolan forms in Alola. Even the lore behind them implies they may be exclusive to Alola. But if you were to say, attempt to enter a Dark typed Flareon, that is a nope because Flareon has no canonical Dark type form.

Dupes of Pokémon are allowed - I trust you guys can keep them from being carbon copies of one another. However, only 2 shinies per species please. You can start at any evolutionary stage.

Base stats? Yeah, they won't do too much here. We'll focus more on attack power here, but base stats can play a role.

Edit becsuse Silver ninjaed me:

I'll allow slightly different fur grooming, differently shaped scales, etc. Large colour changes allowed, too. Do make sure it's recognizable as the species it's supposed to be, though.

The Legendaries... let's just say saying anything much would cause HUGE spoilers. Kalos having infinity energy is what's being used here by those two in the intro.

Edit 2 because I forgot to respond to this:

Yep, the Mythicals are included in Legendaries here.

Edit 3

Entered in the partners. (M/F/other) is for gender, and _ for name. I'm adding those when they're revealed in the RP, and the (name) the (gender) (shiny?) (Species) format is how I'll list every character in the OP, as the basic info.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

So since this is Kalos, we should actually be able to have a cosplay pikachu wearing a costume, right? Cuz those are obtainable in Kalos...

Yes, you can. Alolan forms are the only ones I really take issue with. The pink forms are definitely allowed, as the berry causing it could theoretically be grown in other pkaces, even if you need a greenhouse.

Are we allowed to have perma-megas or the ability to mega evolve into two megas (like Charizard X and Y)? And do we need the stones to mega evolve?

And what about Crystal Onix? That one has a different type than usual.

Also, I'm going to drop Absol and replace it with shiny Salandit. And for the Sylveon, I guess it's alright if I have her dressed like the Sylveon in this picture?

Crystal Onix? Oops, forgot that one. Yeah, that one is okay.

Yep, you can have Sylveon dressed like that, as it doesn't break the PG13 rules.

I suppose we should go ahead and reserve our transformations, as well? I'm assuming those won't be duplicates.

Yep. Transformations won't be dupes unlike partners. However, you can have a partner that's the same breed as a transformation. It's just no two of the same transformation!

Edit: By the way, I reserved Flareon.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Noice! Reserving Noivern as my Poké-form. One of the hardest decisions of my RP life! (Tie between Noivern, Froslass, and Skarmory D:)

Edited by Sugar-Free

Debating between Garchomp, Charizard, and Zorark. Possibly some other flying types as well but I'd imagine not having hands to pick stuff up would be annoying. I like Garchomp if megas aren't taken into consideration, but I like Mega Charizard better than Mega Garchomp. Zorark is cool if we get natural Pokemon abilities, but otherwise is kinda meh. It might just be the fact that I'm a competitive Pokemon player but not having stats taken into consideration kinda irks me. It makes my decision so much harder too! With stats taken into account Garchomp would win no contest. ;A;

Was anyone else thinking of using the above three Pokemon for their characters? I'd like to avoid duplicates and it would help my decision process.

Hm I also really like Oricorio's design, but it's a Sun/Moon Pokemon and its moveset hasn't been released yet.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

So, if I am a shiny, am I allowed to ha e two other shiny OCs or just one? Also, I would also love to drop Pidgeot and replace him with Stufful cause OMG that guy is super cute

Silver - also a comp. player. Mond if I explain whyvstars are being taken mostly out of consideration? It's actually to give more players who aren't into that type of thing a fighting chance and to let people have more freedom with picksvwithout worrying about "oh, this us xompletely outclassed even though I like it"

Raptor - I said two shinies per Pokémon type, and that one applies to partners. Since there are no dupes between transformations, that 3ould be pointless to apply to transformations. Editing!

Everyone - if an Alolan Pokémon ends up having a different moveset than anticipated, it's fine if you change from the incorrect ones to the correct ones in later posts and state that on the OOC. I promise I'll get the IC up soonish.

Edit- You can get nyural abilities, but you have to learn them first unless canon explicitly states instinctual or passive. Eg. Intimidate and Illusion seem to be learned, but Contrary is passive. For moves, Ember or Tail Whip would be learned, but Scratch/Tackle/Groel would be instinctual.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Yeah, I get that, but like if something has base 100 speed and another thing has base 110, then in an RP it would be okay to say the 110 wins a race against the 100 right? I really hope that's the case and not just ignoring stats completely.

Yep, it's ok to say that, as long as the 110 doesn't win by too much. Umbreon vs physically attacking Espeon would be able to fight longer against it than against a ohysical attacker Flareon, to use anothervexampke. Type matchups are still in full force though.

So I can be a shiny Reuniclus and my OC can be a shiny Reuniclus as well? I'm just trying to clarify this.

I'll be a normal Reuncilus if it's not allowed

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

Yes, you can. It's a limit of 2 shiny partner Reuniclus among all players and 1 Reuniclus transformation, shiny or not, among all players. I said nowhere that the same player couldn't claim multiple shinies of the same species.

A male Bisharp will be my transformation.

The Yanma is male.

The Sylveon is female.

And as I said, I'm dropping Absol and replacing it with a shiny Salandit, a female one.

I'll go ahead and put in genders, too:

The Noivern is Female

The Raichu is Female

The Gardevoir is Male

The Meowstic is Female

Hm in that case, I might take Absol... I definitely want Garchomp though, so I guess I'll reserve a Garchomp first. How many moves are the transformees and the partners allowed to know?

The Gardevoir is Male

Of all the pokémon you're using, Gardevoir gets to be male. Controversy much?

Of all the pokémon you're using, Gardevoir gets to be male. Controversy much?

Mmm...no? My first Gardevoir (which this one will be based off of) was male. I worked way too hard to catch that anus as a Ralts to care.

*Sweats because I seem to draw female 'Mons in-game like a magnet*

EDIT: Figure I should say this--if anyone's concerned about the depiction of this chara, be at ease. He's...a male Gardevoir. Nothing sinister. Very studious.

Edited by Sugar-Free