Lionthrush

Flames, Ice, and Darkness.

((By the way if you guys want possibly colored sketches of your characters I'd be happy to do some when I get back from vacation. I like drawing birds. smile.gif ))

((By the way if you guys want possibly colored sketches of your characters I'd be happy to do some when I get back from vacation. I like drawing birds. smile.gif ))

Sure! That's very kind of you. That's only a yes from me, I don't know what the others want. =)

Btw Esko, I guess what you said was okay? Idk. Sorry for the confuzzlement.

(Yes I did just make up a word.)

Anyone there? It seems we've slowed down from our "very fast" role playing.

((I've been on the road today, dunno if Raptor posted and is awaiting response from me, you or Esko. I'll post when I 1) get access to a computer, and 2) get my other character through approval, since Snows by herself right now and there's no point in dragging a character out

To keep this thread free of character sheets, I could PM you or just modify my first post.))

Yeah, I think I approved your characters. Just one power at a time though, lol

(I haven't posted yet)

Lava Plume relaxed as she swam in the volcano. She knew all the in and outs of the volcano she eventually she made her way to another entrance before flying out. Shaking the lava out of her feathers, she flew the warm airs once again before curving back to fly back to her nest.

Username: Lionthrush

Rp name: Frost Fern

Rp gender: Male

Rp element: Ice

Rp mate: Wanted

Rp crush: Maybe secretly Phoenix and Thunder Snow. And Storm Cloud. I bet you can tell he has a thing for leaders. He likes Lava Plume a lot too.

Rp chicks: NATM

Rp flock: Winter

Rp flock position: Flock member

Rp appearance: Grey with purple eyes

Character personality: Secretive and kind

Character backstory: (Optional.) He refuses to tell

Edited by Lionthrush

((Alright, sweet! I thought I'll have to amend my sheet, but I'll do it anyway to avoid confusion.

New members are also sweet.))

Snow flew in to her favorite perch, the one she slept on earlier. Glancing at her nest, she saw that some of the smaller twigs were missing. Greeeat, the leader thought. The nest thief kept at it.

The sound of a fish being eaten drew her attention away. Snow followed the sound to a very big osprey taking her hard won fish. Without wasting a moment, Snow swooped in and lightly hit the other bird.

"You haven't earned your fill of fish," she hissed, "Without protecting my nest from that songbird." She took the rest of the fish from the small pile and gulped them down.

River stared in hunger. He began, "It was just a songbird, dear leader. You were sleeping, I didn't want to wake you!" Snow tipped her head in acknowledgement, but didn't toss anything River's way.

"Tell you what, responded the leader, "There's a pack of wolves and humans nearby the volcanoes. They tried to catch Lava Plume and Storm Cloud. If you can report back on their whereabouts, you can eat half my catch. Warn us ahead of time if they're very close."

"Yes, ma'am!" River Current took off with some difficulty, his large size making him blunder around.

"And get some sticks, too!(Yes, ma'am!)

Thunder Snow stared at the lake, looking at the now-gone pile with exasperation. How much can such an osprey eat?

Edited by serce2

Frosted Fern dived into the lake then out, in pursuit of a songbird that Snow said had been pestering them for days. Deciding that it had learned it's lesson, he dived yet again into the lake, and caught some salmon. He flew them back to Snow, and flew out again to bring back more fish.

Storm Cloud drifted on the air currents above the lake near the Ice nests. She saw a male catching fish there and called out, "Hello!"

Lava Plume sighed as she landed back on her nest before preening herself. It'd be easier if she had a mate, but she didn't. It was kind of rough having no flock. She ruffled her feathers as she yawned before settling down for a nap.

Frost Fern ducked subhead in embarrassment when he saw Storm Cloud. "Hi." He whispered quietly. He flew off with his catch and again, brought it to his leader.

Darn me. It would be so much easier if I only liked one girl. Not all the leaders and Phoenix! He thought. He promised himself no more crushes would evolve. Especially with different elements!

Thunder Snow caught a hard won trout, then circled yet again to start the necessary pile for the chick that wont grow up River Current. Before long though, another osprey brought her a salmon.

"Oh, good evening(?) Frost Fern. Thanks for the catch." Full already, Snow placed the salmon in a sandy patch, then lightly kicked some sand over it.

After a calm flight home and a scolding, she almost completely forgot about the events today."The humans are getting closer. Storm Cloud got caught by a net today, Lava Plume and I had to use our powers to break her out. To think what would've happened... I guess that songbird proved to be good in the end."

Snow began to freeze a portion of the lake. Some light ice coverage began to form, before she suddenly retreated her powers. "This is the last time I'm getting ice. It takes so long for the lake to melt again. I don't want them to know where we are."

An unvoiced thought formed in her head. Do they target the bland ospreys too? I'd better check on the deep-forest 'spreys.

"Frost Fern, when River gets back, are you able to fly with me to the very edges of the Winter Forest?"

------

Hunger was slowly creeping up to River Current. Where could the humans be? The volcanoes loomed in front of him, and he veered toward the Maple Flock's nests. "Hello?"

Edited by serce2

Lava Plume jerked awake when she heard a voice. "Is that you River Current?" Lava Plume asked half awake. She was trying to blink the sleep away.

((Didn't notice that second post. I start typing immediately when I have a character interaction. Also, should we slow a little for Esko?))

River, upon hearing Lava Plume's voice call out, stiffened his wings. Thank the great vultures that he was right there anyways. Small pebbles bit at his wings, and some soot flew into his face. Immediately after recovering, the bird started to preen and check his feathers.

Wait, what am I doing?

"Hello, dear lea-Lava Plume. I heard reports of humans in the area, does any bird in the Maple Flock know where they went?" River was stuttering and stumbling over all of his calls/words. I've never seen a half-red osprey so close before...

----------

"My ally, Storm Cloud, how are you?" As soon as Thunder Snow noticed another leader, she turned her attention away from Frost Fern. "I've sent out a sentinel to track the humans. If you want, I can send him to you when he returns."

Snow briefly adjusted her flight feathers, making herself slightly more presentable.

Edited by serce2

Lava tilted her head. She seen River Current once or twice, but he was I treated in the humans? "I'm afraid not," Lava replied. "After freeing Storm, I hid in the volcanoes." Lava Plume studied River Current a bit closer. "You okay? You seem a bit nervous.

Storm Cloud nodded and smiled at Snow. "That would be great. I came to fish, but I am eager to hear about them." She said calmly.

Frost Fern looked at both females. This was getting a bit overwhelming for him.

(I do know. Is esko still on?)

((I'm not going to move either of my characters for now, until Esko has a chance. Doesn't Phoenix belong to Lava's flock? Or is she a rogue? If it's the latter, I'll make a character for Maple. Also, I think I figured out how some of the genetics for the ospreys might work, and a rough flock "caste" system. ))

After a little bit of nervous preening, River's anxious energy ended. "Yes ma'am, I am doing well. I have rarely wandered far from the Winter Flock's riverine forest, and never alone. I represent Thunder Snow's wish to track down where the humans are, and where they may be searching. Do you mind if I ask around?"

-----------------------------

"For the future, if you don't want to stray far from home, there's a slightly smaller lake out towards the volcanoes. It's off a little from the direct path. We usually leave those fish alone, but go ahead and take a few. Though, no problem coming here and chatting." Thunder Snow made the Osprey equivalent of a grin. She noticed Frost Fern watching them both but paid it no heed.

"River is by the volcanoes right now. If you pass him by, ask about them."

Edited by serce2

"Go ahead," Lava Plume grunted (is that a thing?) as she settled back down in her nest. "I really don't care for the humans at the moment." If she was being honest, a bit disappointed as well.

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

Storm Cloud nodded again and flew towards the Maple Flock nests. "Lava Plume." She said. "I propose we attack the humans and wolves. I blind 'em, you light 'em up. What d'ya think?"

Frost Fern wanted to say something to Snow, but he didn't know what. And so he took off to the Caves.

As soon as River noticed the other leader, his calmness turned into a frenzy as authority swooped down nearby. They carry themselves so much like Thunder Snow. They really mean business. "My- I mean, our ally leader, Storm Cloud. How are you?" This time, River really focused on giving a leader the proper respect and authority. After all, with two leaders around, he's in noble company. He repeated most of what he said to Lava Plume, only more hurried.

--------------------------

"Frost Fern! Where are you going?" Snow cawed, a little irritated. There was no point in a chase. She returned to her perch and slept, this time ignoring any future instances with a songbird.

What luck! Frith have mercy Lava Plume thought before getting up. She ruffled her feathers. So much for sleep. "Agreed," Lava Plume nodded. "Maybe we can pick up their tracks. I'll try to be careful not to catch anything on fire." Her eyes burning with hatred for the humans. All she wanted to do was nap right now. Edited by Raptor of Dragons

Raptor, I'm going to bed now. Catch up in the morning! Go destroy villages with the others! You are vice president of the post. You can accept players too. I'm gonna be gone a lot. First day of middle school tomorrow. Yesterday was kinda my birthday. I'll be gone for a long time.

((Omg while I was sleeping you guys got a full page ahead |D

Frosted flakes Fern is me, tbh))

Phoenix heard Storm's call, and grinned at the blinded wolves. A pack of them had run the opposite way of the rest and pursued instead of retreated. Today, class, you'll learn how to properly retreat. She dove and opened her beak, breathing hellfire on the wolves shrouded in the cloud. They yelped in agony and ran away, still temporarily blinded with bits of cloud. One of them fell into a pool of lava, and Phoenix turned her head as the wolf briefly struggled and called for help before becoming unresponsive and sinking below. Death by lava was one she would rather not witness.

The female looked at Storm Cloud, who appeared to be talking to a few birds. She saw Eternal jump when Storm said hi, but then disappointed when she began talking with others.