Lionthrush

Flames, Ice, and Darkness.

((It was for the huge time gap between replies. But, I haven't missed out on much. smile.gif ))

The sound of sticks scraping on other sticks alerted Thunder Snow to trouble in her (thankfully empty) nest. A small songbird was struggling with stealing some of her hard work. To whatever place Lava Plume dives into, no. The Osprey thought, and flew up to the nest's edge, spreading her wings and puffing out her feathers.

Fast trills and chirps escaped the songbird's beak. "P͡͏̷̡̨l̵̨̛͟͝e̕a̸͞҉̴̕s͏̷̢ę̢̧ ̸̕s̷̛̕͜͠p͏̵á̢r̶̴̸͜͡e̷͢ ̷̨͠m̵̧̡e҉̢͝͡,̡҉̴҉́ ̷̛͠͡g̡̛͢͢҉r̴̴̀͡͝ę̢͟a̡͘̕t̨̛ ́o̧̕͝͡n͜e͏̸!̶̶̀͝ ̶̵̡M̸ý̶̨͢͠ ̴̶̨́͟n̷͠e̸͞ś̸͘t̡̧̛͞ ̴̢͢w̴͜͠a̴̛͜͝ş̢̧̛́ ̷͘͏̢́b̷͜͜͠҉r̢͢͝͠͏o̶̧̢k̷̀͟͡͝e̷̶̕͞n̕͢ ̴̧҉̷b͏͞y̡ ̡̕͡á͏̛ ̴̡̛̀͘ṕ̛ŗ͞é̶̢́͠d̡͘á̴͜͝҉ţ̶͟͢o̵͡r̶̛͢͠҉ ̸͡à̢͜͢ǹ̶͠d҉̢ ́I͏̧҉̕ ̶̧̀n̢̕͟e͡͠é̴̡͞d̡͘ ͟͏m͡͝͠ơ̸͜r҉ȩ̢͜ ̶͢ś̴̢̛t̛͡i̡͜c͏̕k̢͜͝͡s̸̶̴͝!̧͜" While most of it was nonsense to the raptor bird, Snow caught what seemed like the chirp for "predator".

Snow sighed and responded back in her own tounge. "If you don't speak Osprey, drop the stick and get out. You're very lucky it's a waste of my time to eat you."

Of course, the other bird just tilted it's head. Then, it seemed to become more focused. It suddenly quickly pecked Snow and flew toward the volcanoes in the distance.

"After my gracious offer, you still..." She flew in pursuit.

((e: It's fine! All I need to know is I'm accepted.))

Edited by serce2

(Agh I don't know that I should post right now in response to you. Don't want to make it seem like I don't care if Lava Plume gets captured by humans! Lol, you can still post.)

((To post, or not to post. I'm double rp posting here since it seems like my intro was OK, and I'm fine with waiting.

Might add another flockmate, but just so there's less clutter I'll add them to Thunder Snow's intro post.))

With each few wingbeats, the annoyance seemed to wait for Snow's much-slower form. Is it leading me somewhere? She thought, and caught her breath. "Okay, I'm not going to help you rebuild. Or kill something for you. Unless it's a fish, which it better be."

She looked up, at the hills that were beginning to start. It was another mile or two before she got to Lava Plume's base. I might as well say hi. Tell her to watch out for a thieving songbird. Her wings caught a thermal, and the osprey lazily glided up, her breathing and heartbeat finally slowing.

As she started to see the volcanoes, Thunder Snow noticed some figures moving moving up the mountains. Wha?.

Edited by serce2

Storm Cloud saw Snow above. She screeched and took no time to try to keep the net from hitting Lava Plume. It sort of worked. The net didn't hit Lava Plume, it hit her, and she was dragged down do the Earth. Long, sharp teeth dug into her wings. Wolves began to drag her to the humans, but they were careful not to make her bleed. She felt firm hands on her wings and shoulders, and metal around her talons. No one could help her now. Not even another Osprey. Her fate was in the hands of the humans.

"Let her go!" Lava Plume screeched as she plummeted. Storm Cloud had save her and no it was her turn to save Storm Cloud. She was shooting fast like a rocket, her parents taught her this trick. All she had to do now is avoid the wolves or simply touch one of them and they'll be on fire. She could see the wolves leaping up to get her, she could see the gnashing teeth of them. She broke her course, fearful as she narrowly dodged a net. "Oh great Frith!" Lava Plume screeched.

Storm Cloud regained and lost her hope again. Her first thought: Of course! I'm so dumb! The other Ospreys can use their powers. Her second: Not before they get caught.

There was a great commotion as Thunder Snow glided closer from thermal to thermal. While her eyesight was nothing like the fierce Eagles, Snow could see a net, wolves, people, and Storm Cloud. As the Ice Osprey watched, Storm Cloud was caught, but seemingly by her own will? Then, following upward, Snow saw Lava Plume screeching "Let her go!" as she dived toward Storm Cloud.

Snow struggled with a decision. Should she put herself in danger, but have a chance to save the others? Or should she leave before anyone notices, running the risk of having the wolves notice her? After a few moments of hesitation, watching Lava Plume boldly put herself in danger for Storm Cloud, Snow got as close as she could without being seen, and concentrated on the net.

It was like reaching with a long talon. Her powers made their way to said net, and gripped it, but the constant, frantic movement, distance, and heat of the volcano made her barely do anything more than drop the temperature of the twine by a few degrees. How can I snap the net? Or scare off the humans?

((Could I have an Ice Flock member that has slightly better above-land vision, but can't see anything underwater and so can't catch his meals? Or be affiliated with darkness but the Winter Flock is his first flock?))

Edited by serce2

Lava Plume cawed, her body engulfed in flames as she whizzed past a dead tree. "Let it crown, oh please let it crown!" Lava Plume screeched. To her, igniting her entire being was something only a few opries were capable of.

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

Username:

Esko_the_Wolf

Rp name:

Eternal Despair

Rp gender:

Male.

Rp element:

Dark.

Rp mate:

Nope.

Rp crush:

We'll see... Storm Cloud *shot*

Rp chicks:

Not yet.

Rp flock:

Will be in Night flock

Rp flock position:

TBD

Rp appearance:

Eternal is a pitch-black osprey, though a few of his underfeathers have subtle navy blue hues. His eyes are green, like deep forests. Sometimes, he likes to "dye" his feathers and bedazzle them with washable powder that he makes special for feathers (this powder is also good for dropping in human/wolf faces and making them sneeze)

Character personality:

Eternal Despair is a creative and artsy bird. He loves to create art with his claws, and he specializes in feather styling- all the Dark birds are pitch-black, why not add a little fabulous to them? Of course, Fire and Ice birds are welcome to add a little fashion to their plumage if they please. Eternal isn't picky. He loves to make small talk with anyone while working on art or styling; much like a hair stylist in our world.

When it comes to work, Eternal tries his hardest to please his higher-ups and get the job done. He's always glad to lend a talon if another osprey needs it.

Character backstory: (Optional.)

Username:

~^^~

Rp name:

Phoenix Flight

Rp gender:

Female

Rp element:

Fire

Rp mate:

Nope

Rp crush:

No crush she is too strong to be crushed

Rp chicks:

Nope

Rp flock:

Not yet

Rp flock position:

TBD

Rp appearance:

Phoenix Flight greatly resembles the birds of legend. Her plumage is mostly a bright red, with orange underfeathers and a black beak. Her eyes are a lightning blue, and her talons are a bright orange. A few feathers on the back of her head stick out a bit more than the others, and the ends curl upwards.

Character personality:

Phoenix is an outgoing character with a wild personality. She loves adventure, and nobird can hold her back when she sets her eye on a goal. She's a stubborn meathead, to put it in simple terms. She lives for the fight, and will defend her flock (when it comes that time) at all costs. This also goes to show that while fiery and fierce, she is ultimately loyal to those she forms attachments to. She will listen to requests, but there's a 50/50 chance she will obey.

Character backstory: *shrugs into the abyss*

Username:

~^^~

Owner:

Currently NPC

Name:

Aleksander

Appearance description or picture:

user posted image

Personality:

Alek is not "for" the Ospreys or "against" them, really. He just does his job so he can get fed- and impress the females with his "dutiful" ways. He likes rough-housing with his fellow males and cracking jokes, but what he loves most is the thrill of accomplishing something. He wants to be the very best like no one ever was *shot* and wants his owners to be proud of him.

Character Backstory: ~0^0~

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

((Yo, it's Esko!))

Snow saw an opportunity as Lava Plume lit herself on fire. Make them feel like they aren't wanted. The Winter Flock leader closed her eyes.

She could feel something like a buzzing, like there were insects everywhere. Like when her mother and father told her of something called a "cicada" and how there was a time, every so often, when they were plentiful and made fish more plentiful. It felt like that. Snow reached out, with wings far bigger than her own, stifling that humming, slowing it down. There was a notable chill in the air.

She could feel where the wolves and the humans were- they "buzzed" more. With those imaginary wings, she enfolded the group in cold, being careful to avoid Lava Plume's far more frantic hum. Sorry Storm Cloud, Snow apologized in her head, but you might be a little chilly.

Username:

Esko_the_Wolf

Rp name:

Eternal Despair

Rp gender:

Male.

Rp element:

Dark.

Rp mate:

Nope.

Rp crush:

We'll see... Storm Cloud *shot*

Rp chicks:

Not yet.

Rp flock:

Will be in Night flock

Rp flock position:

TBD

Rp appearance:

Eternal is a pitch-black osprey, though a few of his underfeathers have subtle navy blue hues. His eyes are green, like deep forests. Sometimes, he likes to "dye" his feathers and bedazzle them with washable powder that he makes special for feathers (this powder is also good for dropping in human/wolf faces and making them sneeze)

Character personality:

Eternal Despair is a creative and artsy bird. He loves to create art with his claws, and he specializes in feather styling- all the Dark birds are pitch-black, why not add a little fabulous to them? Of course, Fire and Ice birds are welcome to add a little fashion to their plumage if they please. Eternal isn't picky. He loves to make small talk with anyone while working on art or styling; much like a hair stylist in our world.

When it comes to work, Eternal tries his hardest to please his higher-ups and get the job done. He's always glad to lend a talon if another osprey needs it.

Character backstory: (Optional.)

Username:

~^^~

Rp name:

Phoenix Flight

Rp gender:

Female

Rp element:

Fire

Rp mate:

Nope

Rp crush:

No crush she is too strong to be crushed

Rp chicks:

Nope

Rp flock:

Not yet

Rp flock position:

TBD

Rp appearance:

Phoenix Flight greatly resembles the birds of legend. Her plumage is mostly a bright red, with orange underfeathers and a black beak. Her eyes are a lightning blue, and her talons are a bright orange. A few feathers on the back of her head stick out a bit more than the others, and the ends curl upwards.

Character personality:

Phoenix is an outgoing character with a wild personality. She loves adventure, and nobird can hold her back when she sets her eye on a goal. She's a stubborn meathead, to put it in simple terms. She lives for the fight, and will defend her flock (when it comes that time) at all costs. This also goes to show that while fiery and fierce, she is ultimately loyal to those she forms attachments to. She will listen to requests, but there's a 50/50 chance she will obey.

Character backstory: *shrugs into the abyss*

Username:

~^^~

Owner:

Currently NPC

Name:

Aleksander

Appearance description or picture:

user posted image

Personality:

Alek is not "for" the Ospreys or "against" them, really. He just does his job so he can get fed- and impress the females with his "dutiful" ways. He likes rough-housing with his fellow males and cracking jokes, but what he loves most is the thrill of accomplishing something. He wants to be the very best like no one ever was *shot* and wants his owners to be proud of him.

Character Backstory: ~0^0~

Okay, you're good. For every character. Thanks for being a wolf. You have my permission to create as many wolves as you want and they can be your relative or mate. Just because we need more characters. You don't have too, though. =)

((Hey, not trying to rush you, but just making sure- have you seen the other posts? ))

((Dang this is fast. Probably too fast for me. I'm up for RPing any chicks 'n stuff in the future though. Just throwing that out there.))

If Ospreys could gape, Storm Cloud would be gaping as all the humans and wolves began to shriek as flames seemed to devour them. Seconds later, the intruders bent over and began to shiver. Icicles creeped up their bodies. The freezing cold ice cut into the chains and broke them. The wolves dropped her. She beat her wings hard to keep herself from hitting the ground. Her first thought was correct. Their powers had saved them. Storm Cloud shook the frost off her wings and dove into the lake without a word to the others. The water felt warm compared to the powers of Snow. She emerged from the water and said gave a large thanks to both, then flew to her nest, which is located in a cave. Ospreys cannot use their powers when they are stressed. She could have deprived the wolves and humans of their sight if she hadn't been so scared.

There was a great commotion as Thunder Snow glided closer from thermal to thermal. While her eyesight was nothing like the fierce Eagles, Snow could see a net, wolves, people, and Storm Cloud. As the Ice Osprey watched, Storm Cloud was caught, but seemingly by her own will? Then, following upward, Snow saw Lava Plume screeching "Let her go!" as she dived toward Storm Cloud.

Snow struggled with a decision. Should she put herself in danger, but have a chance to save the others? Or should she leave before anyone notices, running the risk of having the wolves notice her? After a few moments of hesitation, watching Lava Plume boldly put herself in danger for Storm Cloud, Snow got as close as she could without being seen, and concentrated on the net.

It was like reaching with a long talon. Her powers made their way to said net, and gripped it, but the constant, frantic movement, distance, and heat of the volcano made her barely do anything more than drop the temperature of the twine by a few degrees. How can I snap the net? Or scare off the humans?

((Could I have an Ice Flock member that has slightly better above-land vision, but can't see anything underwater and so can't catch his meals? Or be affiliated with darkness but the Winter Flock is his first flock?))

(Do you mean an Osprey with dark powers in your flock? I don't know... you could have an Ice Osprey that got captured by humans, and the humans accidentally gave him or her dark powers.)

((Dang this is fast. Probably too fast for me. I'm up for RPing any chicks 'n stuff in the future though. Just throwing that out there.))

It would be fine with me if you were a chick. There might be some soon. Idk, you can just watch until you want to join.

Lava Plume sighed a breath of relief as Storm Cloud got free. She beat her wings wide before rising the warm winds once again to hide in the volcanoes after thanking Storm Cloud for taking that net for her and then welcoming her for saving her. She folded her wings and dove straight into the volcano, waiting for the danger to pass.

"You're welcome." Lava Plume said simply, then dived into a volcano. Storm Cloud sighed a breath of relief, then used her powers to blind herself with a cloud of darkness. Though she had night vision, she made a special fog she could not see through. Enjoying the calm black fog, she slept.

Ospreys cannot use their powers when they are stressed. She could have deprived the wolves and humans of their sight if she hadn't been so scared.

((Might want to add that to the intro post.))

Snow felt her second wings slowly dissipate as she pressed harder and harder on the buzzing. By then, Storm Cloud and Lava Plume have escaped to their own nests and homes. Watching Lava Plume dive into a volcano, Snow turned after a moment to leave the company of humans. Hopefully, none of them got close enough to track her.

((I'm gonna use the experiment gone wrong idea, thank you!!

Username: Serce2

Rp name: River Current ("River" for short.)

Rp gender: Male

Rp element: weak Ice, has some dark powers due to human experimentation (better above-ground vision, some night vision, but poorer underwater and cannot catch fish)

Rp mate: NATM

Rp crush: NATM

Rp chicks: NATM, might not be able to breed.

Rp flock: Winter

Rp flock position: Regular member, unofficial sentinel

Rp appearance: Very big for a male osprey. His head is a complete brown, and his primary feathers are slightly gold. Beak is a startling ice-blue, and so stands out from other ospreys. There's a red tag around his feet (could be a tracking device if you want) that he tries every so often to crack and get off.

Character personality: Serious, will not laugh. Very twitchy and easy to self-doubt. River tends to obey orders without a second thought, and relies on them almost entirely to get anything done. Often fatigued due to watching over the flock at night, and always seems to be ready for a meal. Curious, but easy to startle. Fairly lazy.

Character backstory: He was marked out as a peculiar chick by the Keelius as his blue beak gave him away. Later, when River left the nest, they captured him to study how Ice genetics work. While he was handled very shortly, the humans in charge of him attempted to strengthen his Ice gene, but mixed that up with a mild Dark gene meant for Dark Osprey maintenance. As a result, he's one of the few Ospreys to have mixed powers, how weak they may be.

Since River was meant as a genetic study, they released him to see if he will bear chicks, and if those chicks show any signs of cold powers. Unable to catch the staple of most osprey's diets, River was keeping himself flight-worthy through rodents. Eventually, he ran into Thunder Snow and struck a deal; protect her, scare threats away, and keep an eye on the horizon, to get food in return. ))

Edited by serce2

((Hmm. Thanks for the offer, but for now other wolves will be NPCs. If I grow particularly close to one, then I'll make a sheet for them :3.

Edit: Daaaamn you guys are fast))

---

Phoenix was simply taking a night fly. A few lava droplets from her last dive finally rolled off her feathers like water off a duck, hardening into pebbles as they plummeted. She couldn't sleep. She had a feeling that trouble was ahead, and as ridiculous as the notion was -their enemies were not nocturnal animals- she had to see what could be going on. Her blue eyes searched this way and that, her impatience growing by the wingbeat.

Finally, trouble presented itself in the form of intruders. Humans and their toothed servants. She hissed, remembering one of their flaws gorge her underbelly. She was lucky to have made it out of THAT encounter alive. She spotted a Dark osprey being dragged by wolves, and Phoenix's adrenaline jumped to a sky-high. Then grabbed by who looked like the leader of the humans. She found her first target.

Phoenix hovered for a few seconds until she planned her move. Snapping her wings to her sides, she dove like a dart. The wind whistled by as she rapidly descended, ready to tear out that smug face of the human leader's. The pack of wolves just noticed her when she lit her talons on fire and opened her wings just in front of he human. With one swipe to each wrist, the human howled and dropped the female Dark. Phoenix spotted a male Dark that she faintly recognized.

"Eternal!" She screeched. "Get out of here!"

The wolves snarled, preparing to snap. Quickly, Phoenix used her flaming talons and buried them into the leader's face. The man howled and tried to forced her feet off, only succeeding in burning his own palms. Phoenix Flight opened her beak, and a steady stream of fire shot out, engulfing the man. He fell down, done. The Dark female got free and flew off, though in the heat of battle, Phoenix was unsure whether it was her doing or that other Fire female.

It got chilly, but Phoenix didn't care. She would fire things up.

---(Alek)---

Why didn't he attack earlier! His master, the leader of the Hunters and the Great Hunter himself, was dead. Burned to ashes. He and his pack howled in anguish, before their eyes lit up with the desire for sweet revenge. Alek would avenge his master, oh he sure would.

His eldest brother, Franz, had a similar idea. "You ****er!" The strong wolf snarled, making sure to use his knowledge of Osprey; though the different vocal cords made it sound crude. He crouched before jumping into the air as the osprey extinguished its talons and rose into the air. Franz's jaws locked onto a leg, refusing to let go.

"Franz, no!" Alek barked. "It's not worth a kill!" He realized what would happen, and he desperately hoped it wouldn't. The osprey slowly rose into the air, Franz's weight holding it down significantly. Their distraught masters prepared to throw nets. His brother's claws dug into the belly of the bird, and the screech penetrated their eardrums. Alek whined a little.

The osprey lit her talons on fire once again, and Franz's muzzle was being scorched. The tough wolf ignored it, instead digging his claws further in. The bird used its free talons to dig into Franz's eye. The male wolf yowled, thus opening his mouth. Normally a wolf could hover in the air, but in his agony, he dropped like a stone. When he hit he ground, the crack! was the most sickening thing they ever heard.

"NO!" Alek shouted. "No no no NO!!" He ran to his brother's body, the broken and sad corpse of a respected and loved wolf. Aleksander refused to cry, but the death was shocking. Franz was expecting his first litter soon, too. The rest of his pack circled around the body and howled to the sky, a long mourning cry that could chill the bones of any creature. Then Alek looked to the sky and saw the murderer of their alpha and beta, then cried in his best Osprey:

"We will get you, murderer! You will be ours!"

Then fear struck a sour chord in his heart. Their master had no male heirs to take control of the pack. If nobody claimed them, they would be cast aside...and then their lives would have no purpose. They would be worse than dead.

---(Eternal)---

Much higher in the sky, Eternal watched Phoenix fly back up. She set herself on fire to cauterize any wounds and keep herself from bleeding out. The two watched the humans and wolves retreat in defeat.

"Phoenix..." Eternal Despair sighed. "You are an idiot. They could've hit something vital!"

"Well, I'm not dead, so they didn't!" Phoenix crawed.

"It's not instant..." He muttered.

"So...I was busy rescuing a sexy female Dark." The Fire female suggested.

"If you're trying to hook me up, please." Eternal moaned. "You keep doing this."

"You're terrible at finding girls. I'd say you're gay, but you're terrible at hooking with anybody"

"Aren't you gay?"

"Close. Bi."

"Whatever. It's not your job to be a date Doctor."

"You'll thank me later."

Eternal gave up on the argument. Phoenix always seemed to win.

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

((Might want to add that to the intro post.))

Snow felt her second wings slowly dissipate as she pressed harder and harder on the buzzing. By then, Storm Cloud and Lava Plume have escaped to their own nests and homes. Watching Lava Plume dive into a volcano, Snow turned after a moment to leave the company of humans. Hopefully, none of them got close enough to track her.

((I'm gonna use the experiment gone wrong idea, thank you!!

Username: Serce2

Rp name: River Current ("River" for short.)

Rp gender: Male

Rp element: weak Ice, has some dark powers due to human experimentation (better above-ground vision, some night vision, but poorer underwater and cannot catch fish)

Rp mate: NATM

Rp crush: NATM

Rp chicks: NATM, might not be able to breed.

Rp flock: Winter

Rp flock position: Regular member, unofficial sentinel

Rp appearance: Very big for a male osprey. His head is a complete brown, and his primary feathers are slightly gold. Beak is a startling ice-blue, and so stands out from other ospreys. There's a red tag around his feet (could be a tracking device if you want) that he tries every so often to crack and get off.

Character personality: Serious, will not laugh. Very twitchy and easy to self-doubt. River tends to obey orders without a second thought, and relies on them almost entirely to get anything done. Often fatigued due to watching over the flock at night, and always seems to be ready for a meal. Curious, but easy to startle. Fairly lazy.

Character backstory: He was marked out as a peculiar chick by the Keelius as his blue beak gave him away. Later, when River left the nest, they captured him to study how Ice genetics work. While he was handled very shortly, the humans in charge of him attempted to strengthen his Ice gene, but mixed that up with a mild Dark gene meant for Dark Osprey maintenance. As a result, he's one of the few Ospreys to have mixed powers, how weak they may be.

Since River was meant as a genetic study, they released him to see if he will bear chicks, and if those chicks show any signs of cold powers. Unable to catch the staple of most osprey's diets, River was keeping himself flight-worthy through rodents. Eventually, he ran into Thunder Snow and struck a deal; protect her, scare threats away, and keep an eye on the horizon, to get food in return. ))

Hmm. Maybe you could lose your ice powers? It might not be fair for the others, who only have one power. And how about you have the Ice Powers right now, you can get captured by humans in the rp. Let's have the others not know you're getting captured.

((Hmm. Thanks for the offer, but for now other wolves will be NPCs. If I grow particularly close to one, then I'll make a sheet for them :3.

Edit: Daaaamn you guys are fast))

---

Phoenix was simply taking a night fly. A few lava droplets from her last dive finally rolled off her feathers like water off a duck, hardening into pebbles as they plummeted. She couldn't sleep. She had a feeling that trouble was ahead, and as ridiculous as the notion was -their enemies were not nocturnal animals- she had to see what could be going on. Her blue eyes searched this way and that, her impatience growing by the wingbeat.

Finally, trouble presented itself in the form of intruders. Humans and their toothed servants. She hissed, remembering one of their flaws gorge her underbelly. She was lucky to have made it out of THAT encounter alive. She spotted a Dark osprey being dragged by wolves, and Phoenix's adrenaline jumped to a sky-high. Then grabbed by who looked like the leader of the humans. She found her first target.

Phoenix hovered for a few seconds until she planned her move. Snapping her wings to her sides, she dove like a dart. The wind whistled by as she rapidly descended, ready to tear out that smug face of the human leader's. The pack of wolves just noticed her when she lit her talons on fire and opened her wings just in front of he human. With one swipe to each wrist, the human howled and dropped the female Dark. Phoenix spotted a male Dark that she faintly recognized.

"Eternal!" She screeched. "Get out of here!"

The wolves snarled, preparing to snap. Quickly, Phoenix used her flaming talons and buried them into the leader's face. The man howled and tried to forced her feet off, only succeeding in burning his own palms. Phoenix Flight opened her beak, and a steady stream of fire shot out, engulfing the man. He fell down, done. The Dark female got free and flew off, though in the heat of battle, Phoenix was unsure whether it was her doing or that other Fire female.

It got chilly, but Phoenix didn't care. She would fire things up.

---(Alek)---

Why didn't he attack earlier! His master, the leader of the Hunters and the Great Hunter himself, was dead. Burned to ashes. He and his pack howled in anguish, before their eyes lit up with the desire for sweet revenge. Alek would avenge his master, oh he sure would.

His eldest brother, Franz, had a similar idea. "You ****er!" The strong wolf snarled, making sure to use his knowledge of Osprey; though the different vocal cords made it sound crude. He crouched before jumping into the air as the osprey extinguished its talons and rose into the air. Franz's jaws locked onto a leg, refusing to let go.

"Franz, no!" Alek barked. "It's not worth a kill!" He realized what would happen, and he desperately hoped it wouldn't. The osprey slowly rose into the air, Franz's weight holding it down significantly. Their distraught masters prepared to throw nets. His brother's claws dug into the belly of the bird, and the screech penetrated their eardrums. Alek whined a little.

The osprey lit her talons on fire once again, and Franz's muzzle was being scorched. The tough wolf ignored it, instead digging his claws further in. The bird used its free talons to dig into Franz's eye. The male wolf yowled, thus opening his mouth. Normally a wolf could hover in the air, but in his agony, he dropped like a stone. When he hit he ground, the crack! was the most sickening thing they ever heard.

"NO!" Alek shouted. "No no no NO!!" He ran to his brother's body, the broken and sad corpse of a respected and loved wolf. Aleksander refused to cry, but the death was shocking. Franz was expecting his first litter soon, too. The rest of his pack circled around the body and howled to the sky, a long mourning cry that could chill the bones of any creature. Then Alek looked to the sky and saw the murderer of their alpha and beta, then cried in his best Osprey:

"We will get you, murderer! You will be ours!"

Then fear struck a sour chord in his heart. Their master had no male heirs to take control of the pack. If nobody claimed them, they would be cast aside...and then their lives would have no purpose. They would be worse than dead.

---(Eternal)---

Much higher in the sky, Eternal watched Phoenix fly back up. She set herself on fire to cauterize any wounds and keep herself from bleeding out. The two watched the humans and wolves retreat in defeat.

"Phoenix..." Eternal Despair sighed. "You are an idiot. They could've hit something vital!"

"Well, I'm not dead, so they didn't!" Phoenix crawed.

"It's not instant..." He muttered.

"So...I was busy rescuing a sexy female Dark." The Fire female suggested.

"If you're trying to hook me up, please." Eternal moaned. "You keep doing this."

"You're terrible at finding girls. I'd say you're gay, but you're terrible at hooking with anybody"

"Aren't you gay?"

"Close. Bi."

"Whatever. It's not your job to be a date Doctor."

"You'll thank me later."

Eternal gave up on the argument. Phoenix always seemed to win.

Some of that may be a little too mature. =) Remember, there are children on this site. No sexy, and remember, Ospreys are not humans. I guess we do have increased intelligence, but I don't know about going on dates. Other than that, you're fine.

Storm Cloud looked out of her cave. Her turquoise eyes showed worry. She could smell death and blood. The master human had been killed! The wolves would definitely want revenge. She flew out, wary of the fact that wolves might be near. They were. They had been approaching her cave. She would put an end to that! The wolves began to yelp as they were engulfed in black fog. They would stay put. She called to Phoenix, "Blind wolves over here! Wanna send 'em yelping back?" The worry in her eyes was replaced with joy. She flew over to Eternal. "Hi." She said simply.

((Esko's post is fine by DC standards, we all know the limits. Except for maybe the eye thing.

I don't have time for a post, but I could do with River being captured by humans later. The not being able to catch food thing could still stand with a very bright beak.))

Edited by serce2