XLaurentX

Sabaibarugēmu - Survival Game Against The Gods

Enyaba's attention was wrenched from Charon, as the girl fell out by them. Her plans to help Charon look for a job were quickly forgotten, replaced with irritation at the girl for seemingly spying on them. Though she stared on in approval as Charon helped the girl up (indirectly) like the gentleman she felt he could be if he tried harder. Then, having been rehearsing a lecture since that train of thought had left the station, began to rant.

"Oi, girlie! Don't you know the meaning of privacy? Eh? Spying on people in the early morning. Shame on you! You young folks today need to understand that there are things you ought to keep your nose out of! And what were you doing on those higher places you fell off of? Hmm? Don't you know how to take care of yourself? It's dangerous to climb things, even at your young age. Spare some thought for your parents, eh? Putting yourself in danger like that. Shame!"

She paused, giving the girl a rather nasty look, directly into her blue eyes.

Axis winced at the scolding she got, but her temper flared when her parents were mentioned. She took a few steps forward, shoulders rigid, nails digging into her palms and teeth gritting against each other.

"My parents were put six feet in the ground when I was nine!" She snapped, glaring at the older woman.

After a few moments passed Axis allowed her shoulders to sag. Her ears flattened against her head.

"S-sorry for yelling... it was uncalled for. There wasn't any way for you to know about my parents. I shouldn't have acted the way I did. I'm sorry." She dropped her gaze to the ground, feeling horrible about her actions.

Enyaba's gaze didn't waver, even when the girl snapped at her. Still, hearing her apology afterwards, the old woman decided not to lecture her about speaking with respect. Instead, she decided to get her point across while hopefully making the girl feel better.

"Well. Even if your parents are gone now, their memory is still with you. They loved you as much in life as they did when they passed on. Parents love their child without conditions. And I'm sure if they were alive, your parents wouldn't want you to climb into high places and get into all sorts of trouble. Do I make myself clear, young lady? Your parents loved you very very much, and it is selfish to desecrate their memory behaving in such a frivolous manner regarding your own safety."

Enya's gaze turned into a gentle smile.

"Enough about that. What's your name, dearie?"

Charon was a little startled as the girl suddenly shouted back at Enyaba... and was more suprised when the loud crack of a wooden spoon wasn't heard.

He probably wasn't the person to talk to about dead relatives, in as many ways as he was THE person to talk to. But you hear one spirit boast about how overly dramatic their death was, you've heard them all. There weren't any fox eared spirits absentmindedly chatting behind the girl so Charon figured that, like the rest, they'd ventured off to explore the world.

"What did your parents look like?" He asked, dully scratching the slight stubble at his chin.

"If you don't mind me asking..." He concluded, before downing the remainder of his mug.

Honestly, hearing Enyaba spout stuff about how the dead still loved their living children made Charon feel a little depressed at how quickly actual dead traveled away from their children. It was rare that he'd see a spirit watching their child age, he'd asked one before and they replied that 'it's better to see them in stages as staying and watching them gets dull'.

"I wonder how long my parents will stick around knowing I can see them..." Charon muttered quietly to himself.

"Miss... and Mam, if you're going to talk could we do it inside" Charon said, pulling his hood up over his head.

"The sunlight is starting to sting a little... and my toast is getting cold," He finished, looking at the full plate that was still sitting on the small table by his front door.

((For the sake of plot... I think it easier for Axis parents to not be around for charon to talk to, but if you want them to show up at some point let me know))

EDIT: ((Gah, I waited cause I was worried someone would post and then I still end up Ninja-ing someone! ninja.gif ))

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

"My name? I'm Axis. Yes, I know. It's a perculiar name to have." She shrugged. "It's nice to meet you. What might your name be?" She asked politely, not wanting to be scolded again.

She looked at the pale man. "My parents?" She asked, slightly shocked at the question. "I can't remember much, but my dad was about medium build, same hair colour as my own, two linear scars down his left cheek... and his eyes were brown. My mother had blonde, almost white, hair, blue eyes... um... actually, I don't remember her appearance too well. I remember her personality more." Axis blinked, shocked that she couldn't remember her mother's all of her mother's appearance.

"And sure... I don't mind going inside."

((Marcus is a ninja

And it's probably for the best not having the spirits of her parents around.))

Edited by XLaurentX

Axis, was it? Yes, indeed a peculiar name. What was more peculiar was the girls choice of headwear. What were those things on her head? Some kind of ear-headband? Either way, they were rather realistic, though not to Enya's tastes. She opted to not comment on the girl's fashion sense, nor her rather unusual name.

"My name is Enya, sweetie. But just refer to me as ma'am or Miss Enya."

Enya turned towards Charon, looking at his hood. She nodded, before focusing her attention on his front door. It was important to eat breakfast at Charon's age. And she wasn't going to let him get by with only soggy toast, after all. Plus, she had to stop him from drinking more coffee. And breakfast would be the best time to start weaning him off. She knew from experience that going cold turkey wouldn't help end a caffeine dependancy, so she made a mental note to help the poor boy out by getting between him and his coffee. She had eaten her own breakfast anyway, and wasn't too busy for the day. Perhaps talking some sense into these young kids would be a productive use of her time.

"Yes, of course. Lead the way, laddie."

Enya got ready to head in, her knitting needles, sweater and cup of coffee forgotten on her veranda.

((Sorry for the really short post, kinda blocked rn))

((Edit: Since nobody replied yet, I hope you guys don't mind me editing it to make it longer))

Edited by Riath

((I'm not gonna post here because I need to go to bed cause its 1:30 and I have to study. But before I go, theres a little error in your post Riath... getting me and my character confused a bit))

((I'm not gonna post here because I need to go to bed cause its 1:30 and I have to study. But before I go, theres a little error in your post Riath... getting me and my character confused a bit))

((Uh oh. I just noticed it. I'm really sleepy too. Sorry ^^ ))

((I should have introduced my character before, I'm getting lost trying to catch up with you all. Can I get a hand in figuring out where everyone's characters are?))

((I should have introduced my character before, I'm getting lost trying to catch up with you all. Can I get a hand in figuring out where everyone's characters are?))

((Enya, Axis and Charon are outside Charons house now, about to go in and eat breakfast. Cas is at the top of a cliff.))

((I meant for Cas to tag along with Axis, but there wasn't much to put in the post so I figured he'd fall out of Axis's hood and surprise everyone.))

((Sorry but I'm in the middle of exam week so I'm a bit busy... I was also waiting for Spyro and or Coryn to post))

((Did I mention that I was also doing exams next week? Because I am... So naturally I'm trying to pack in all the work I need to do yet in the last few days I have before I actually do the exams, during which I will be really busy. That said, I think I have an idea of how to get Walter into the village, but since the majority of the cast are currently in someone's house and you don't generally barge into people's houses I am not sure how to handle it anymore.))

Edited by Coryn02

((2 exams down 1 to go, I think someone should post, even if its short))

Charon reached down and scooped up his plate of toast, before walking inside his house, as he did another sigil appeared. A skeletal arm reached out, holding the door open for the other two.

"Would you like something to eat..?" He asked, looking over towards the kitchen.

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

((A bit of a Freudian slip there, Marcus. You used my own name instead of Charon's. That said, you are correct and I should try to post at some point soon... Though it may still end up waiting until after the exams since I would just hold everyone else up.))

((Oh wow, I did the same thing as Riath earlier xd.png . You have less need cause your character isn't directly involved yet))

"No thank you dearie, I just ate."

Enyaba walked in through the open door, looking around inside Charon's house. She made sure not to touch anything, just following the boy.

((Sorry for the super short post))

Edited by Riath

((Well now i'm waiting for Laurent))

Charon sat down at his dining room table and began to finish his food.

He looked up at the fox girl.

"My name is Charon by the way... it's a bit of a coincidence isn't it..." He said, a dull smile on his face.

"Do you want anything to eat, Marro is a great chef," Charon asked her, waving his hand towards the kitchen, where currently there was no one there.

"Or was a great chef... I never know how to refer to them," He finished.

((Bump. Waiting for Laurent too, Enya can't really do anything right now.))

((Sorry. Work sucked me in and I had uni exams))

Axis followed Charon into the house, looking around.

Soon they were in the kitchen.

"Thanks for the offer, but I'm going to pass." She said, slightly unnerved at the fact that Charon was referring to someone who wasn't there. Or... maybe they are here, I just can't see them. Axis thought to herself.

With his next few words Axis raised her eyebrows. "I'm... assuming that you can see and also commune with the dead? Or the spirits of the dead at least." She asked straightforwardly, seeing no point in beating around the bush with the question, which was seemingly obvious already.

The old woman looked towards where Charon had motioned, and then returned her gaze to Axis. She nodded upon hearing Axis' theory on communing with the dead.

"That would be a useful power to have, boy."

Her mind immediately drifted to her dead cats. If their spirits were still around, they wouldn't hang around her after all this time. Without a doubt, they'd have moved on to better things in the afterlife. She didn't blame them, of course. Her precious kitties were like children to her. She just wanted the best for them. Her own powers weren't as useful. She had made it a point to avoid using them near anyone else, and hadn't done so for years. Nobody in the neighbourhood knew what she could do with those portals.

"So, seeing the dead. Very nice. Very nice."

Charon sat down at his dining room table, somewhat annoyed at the sudden turn in conversation towards his abilities.

"Yeah... I can... I wouldn't say it's that great... but I guess it is useful..." He said, thinking back to the time a helpful spirit had signed him the answers to a test he'd done at school.

"But mainly all it does is keep me from sleeping... wolves... howl... loudly... even in death," Charon said drearily.

"This morning I woke up and there were two people in my room... Talking about how awful a person I was... Maybe they knew you Mam," Charon said his gaze drifting towards Enyaba.

Enyaba thought about it for a while. She didn't have any friends in her late years. Most of the people she cared about had died some time ago. Still, she did have a few people she knew in this neighbourhood as old as her. And it was possible they'd want to stick around in the area. Maybe she did know those two after all.

"Hah. Hypocrites, the two. Saying that after sneaking into your room while you were asleep? Preposterous. And as for the wolves. Well, this is why I prefer cats over dogs. Is that the reason for your insomnia, dearie?"