NotBambi

Improving the New Lineage View

I believe they mean for longer lineages, where it is a problem. Short lines like that don't have as much of an issue.

I can't really offer additional input since I don't know what the new view is "supposed" to look like.

The new Lineage view is a vast improvement over the old one. But I must agree that the 1st generation of the new lineage could use some spacing adjustment.

Personally, I think that the lines connecting two generations need to be shortened somewhat. They take up quite a bit of horizontal space, which I find rather distracting.

I also like this mock-up that has slightly darkened areas around the information on each dragon. It serves its purpose (especially in gen 1) without making things confusing or being too intrusive.

Personally, I think that the lines connecting two generations need to be shortened somewhat. They take up quite a bit of horizontal space, which I find rather distracting.

Just tried a few different lengths until I found the right (for me) balance, slightly shorter. I agree, looks better.

Edited by SullenCat

Would it be possible to just have an option in your settings where you can decide which lineage view you get to see? I personally prefer the boxes. I mean, the new look is neat and all, and it's not that I'm being all crochety and angry about "change", I just greatly preferred how checkered EG lineages looked in the boxes, especially long ones; for other lineages I don't really mind one way or another. But I'd be very happy with the option to choose for myself, I think it could be a simpler fix than trying to make tweaks to the one lineage appearance appeal to more people?

Otherwise I'd be in favor of olympe's mock-up where you get the lines /and/ boxes kinda.