tjsweepers

tj's dragon plushies

I made my first plushie. Well that's not quite true as i'v made a few, but this is the first time i made up the pattern and then made it.

I was planning on making a dragon plush for a while, but never had the time. Then i saw these two fabrics in the store and thought it looked like a red winged nebbi. Thankfully the nebbi isn't a horribly complicated design and making a plush out of it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be.

user posted image

it's still far from perfect. the fact this was my first try at pattern making shows and there are some goof ups as well. but i do love how it sits.

user posted image

The wings are made with a stiff quilt batting so they hold their shape but are still soft. I'v made a few bat plushies and just copied the sewn wing pattern over. I don't really like it on the dragon plush. I also need to tapper the chest better and make the legs thicker.

But overall i'm really happy with this as my first try.

That is so awesome. I could never do that. This is a great nebbidragon. What are you gonna make next?

I have all the colors for a holly and was going to make that one first, but once i saw that fabric i just had to make a nebbi. smile.gif

I will probably make one more nebbi before moving on to the holly, just to prefect the pattern.

Oooh, nice. That's really cute! You're right - those fabrics are perfect. I really like the neat shape-able wings.