Wiz

ANSWERED:Collections for your scroll

I know there are a few sorting suggestions out there so here's the one from my wish list wink.gif

I would love the ability to organise dragons into multiple collections similar to the kindle's collections sort. It would not affect the public view of your scroll and could potentially be placed in the drop down tag with help, store, account, etc.

1. You could have a dragon placed in as many collections as you want.

2. You could name the collections.

3. The collections would be viewed together on one page (like the kindle).

I don't have Kindle, so please elaborate.

I'm currently in favor of tabs/folders.. but I'm willing to discuss other options. I also would like tags, but only in addition to tabs, not as a solo function.

*blush* edit for misspelling, lol

Edited by Cinnamin Draconna

I'm pretty sure this functions like tags. I don't sort my books on Kindle with collections. I vaguely remember seeing some sort of option for that, but I haven't used it as I don't have that many books that I own.

Also, Cin, not to be nit picky or anything but "I also would like tabs, but only in addition to tabs" - I'm sure you meant tags in addition to tabs.

Sorry Cin. The collections are folders.

Fiona I have over 2000 books on my kindle so I love the collections option. I was sorting my collections out earlier and thought 'wish I could do this with my dragons'.

So the difference between 'collections' and 'tabs' is the option to sort dragons into more than one collection?

I like that.. but would TJ know how to code it?

I'm not an expert coder, but I have had some basics. I would personally do it by essentially tagging dragons where each dragon can have more than one tag and each tag is a "collection". There are a few ways the user interface could be done, probably the simplest being an action for each dragon where you can add and remove tags that place it in various "collections".

If something like this is done it would absolutely need to interface with the fertility page. It would allow you to have various "collections" of dragons that you use fertility on frequently and allow easier access to those dragons.

This wouldn't affect how others see your scroll though, right? so I'd still like a sort method similar to folders that would affect other people finding things on your scroll, because sometimes I'd like to find someone's specific something and can't without looking through every page on their scroll.

But other than that, I like this idea.

An idea would be to have a tick box beside every folder so you could choose to make public or keep private each seperate collection. Maybe we could have a collection badge which people could click to access your public collections page?

Edit:

The option to add the dragon to a collection could go on the actions page where you could then choose to add to an existing collection or create a new one.

If something like this is done it would absolutely need to interface with the fertility page.  It would allow you to have various "collections" of dragons that you use fertility on frequently and allow easier access to those dragons.

If I'm understanding you the easiest thing to do would be to have the sprites in the collection folders link to to the actual dragon's page like they do on your scroll.

Edited by Wiz

You are not understanding what I am saying. I meant interface as in be a part of. Like you can filter by your collections on the fertility page. What you said would do absolutely nothing to the ability to use fertility on the dragons in collections.

Edited by Pokemonfan13