Droiline

Temeraire's Chinese Lineage

arya10 - Good plan. I'm still figuring much of this out myself "^^

Cinnamin Draconna - It is stated, but perhaps not in the best fashion: the fifth rule starts

Be warned - a dragon cannot be a member of this lineage if they are in any way related to dragons not of the lineage.

I'm in the midst of a re-write to make things clearer, pardon the confusion.

Infinis - Time for me to add a 'terminology' section, keep an eye on the first post of this thread.

ValkyrieXx - Thank you very much for the offer! I will be grateful for your assistance and get back to you once I've ironed out the larger creases in this lineage happy.gif

Edited by Droiline

OK, I'll go along with the caveborn only rule for the Dark Greens, since they're commons.

Shen Lu Draconna Ryu & Shen Lu Draconna Yi, and their firstborn egg - http://dragcave.net/lineage/6Mpgt

(same names, different dragons.. hooray for the renaming feature)

---------------

I'd like to discuss the caveborn only rule regarding rare dragons. I think it's unrealistic and unfair to keep to unbred caveborns only for a rare line. Individual offspring do NOT show up on a lineage view page, only on a progeny page. So why is it so important for these dragons to be unrelated to ANY other dragon that isn't part of the project? Project dragons have to be registered, so what difference does it make if their are other non-project dragons related to a project dragon. You wouldn't see them on the lineage page, and unless you checked EVERY dragon in the lineage, you wouldn't even know which dragons had other progeny. Because they DON"T SHOW UP on the lineage page.

However, it's your project and I can't tell you how to run it. I can only give my opinion and hope you see my point.

As it is, I have several caveborn Silvers available, but only 1 without any offspring.. Yin Draconna Qian. But if I have to catch a new caveborn to mate with her, the line will have to be inbred, because it's too difficult to keep catching caveborns every time you get a new egg.

Edited by Cinnamin Draconna

Cinnamin Draconna

I wouldn't call it unfair, just challenging - it's perfectly natural for rare dragons to be hard to get hold of.

I like caveborns and I like looking through progeny and lineage pages, so I built a project to suit my play style. The aim of this project is to build a substantial number of family lines with a vaguely consistent name structure where every dragon is named and where it isn't possible to meet oddly named or unnamed dragons by merely following links on the offspring an ancestor pages. One way of making this happen would be to keep every dragon I breed to my scroll, but things are more fun when you do them as a group. I like the idea of working hard to find two rares, starting to breed them, then swapping eggs with another rare breeder safe in the knowledge that both will remain in the same naming tradition. Names are important to me. Dragons on my scroll almost immediately start to develop character and characters need names. They need names, family, friends, rivals - adventures become stories that are passed down and become a mythology.

Eventually we might even build up a large enough history to start a roleplay with a dozen or so characters, each with a traceable family heritage and all within the same 'universe'. I'm a terrible RPer, but I like to build worlds anyway.

Short version: seeing nameless or thoughtlessly named dragons makes me sad, so I'm building a bubble where that doesn't happen biggrin.gif

PS: Don't worry guys, this isn't going to suddenly turn into an RP, just vague plans for the far future that may or may not come to pass wink.gif

Actually that sounds like a great idea, make like a little graph of how they Respect, Love, or hate each other. This is more like different families and not a single lineage. So it not bad to do that.

I have no problem with a challenge.. I'll be looking for that cb silver.

As for RP.. count me OUT. To me, this is just a collecting/breeding game and my dragons are just pixels on the screen. I don't attach any importance to them or think they have personalities. The rest of you can do what you like RPwise, just don't expect anything from me for it.

My pair didn't refuse :D

So I am joining with Yin Shei and Yin Shen. Scroll name is Infinis.

I'm planning on at least one more pair, just got to figure out what pair... XP

Edited by Infinis

Hm, it may take me a bit to find the pairs I want to add to this lineage, already have one growing up that I plan to add (named too) ^^ But I do plan to join, quick question though, do pairs have to be the same breed? Or can they be different?

Managed to trade for a cb Silver egg.. have Influenced it properly, but will just have to see if it genders male and hope that it likes my Silver female.

--------------------

My Dark Green/Vine Dynasty hasn't been added, should be Ryu-Yi Dynasty.

There first offspring is now an adult as well Shen Lu Draconna Bao, vine female.

Tf when you can't find and incuhatchable nocturne to pair with a spirit ward for this lineage

Any rules about freezing the hatchlings?

I wonder if Droline is still planning to do this lineage project since we have not heard from Droline for a while now.

Also I have a couple of pairs ready to test and to add if successful, just need to know about freezing and if the pairs need to be same breed?

I'd like to know about mixing breeds as well. I'm thinking I'd be better off with a silver x something line, instead of a purebred line.

Any news about this lineage from Droiline? I know holidays has just past but just wondering if this is still going.

Hopefully, she'll be back after the winter holiday.

Update: Yin Draconna Xiang and Yin Draconna Lan bred successfully, but did not produce an egg. So they will be my starting silver pair.

Still waiting on the mixed breed ruling.. I'm seriously considering a Silver x Aegis line.

Update: Shen Lu Draconna Chang and Shen Lu Draconna Bao bred successfully and produced a new egg.

My caveborn vine pair is now open to breeding requests, should anyone want an egg.

Hopefully, she'll be back after the winter holiday.

Still waiting on the mixed breed ruling.. I'm seriously considering a Silver x Aegis line.

I hope so as well ^^ I have a Silver X Nebula pair waiting but need to know about the mixed breeds.

Ooh, the Silver X Aegis line if you do I may want an offspring from you x'D

Well all breeding pairs of mine are successful ^^ Just waiting to see if Droiline is back.

Also, based on the pairs that Droiline put on the 1st post of Hong Kiu & Zise Fengchan (produced Zise Ren) I believe cross breeding is fine. Considering those two are Droiline's dragons.

This looks awesome. Ive read the same seiries, or however you spell it. Is it ok if Sapphire's tail ( yes that is a dragon name) joins\ is included?

EDIT:noticed that i cant be qualified\ i cant join. Just thought it was cool so i asked.

Edited by Princesstigerlilli

Liuhuang Huang and Liuhuang Liang (two new CBs) produced an egg. Also, Liuhuang Qi grew up.

I'd also like to start a Brimstone X Sunsong dynasty, but there isn't a breed title for Sunsongs yet. Could that be added? I've no clue what a name for them would be though.

Edit: Liuhuang Chen grew up and bred with Liuhuang Qi to make an egg.

Edited by RainStar13

It's been over a month since Droiline last posted, so I'm not sure if this will continue or not. For now, I'm going to keep breeding/naming my vines and silvers as if it is, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Hm, if she is gone longer, would it be possible to start the breeding project over by one of us (or I since I suggested it)?

(just thinking since I found and dedicated specific dragons for this x] I would hope it not to lose the purpose)

Edited by ~X~

Posting to keep this active in hope that Droiline will return and continue this project.

I'm up to 6th gen on my Vine spiral line and have my first ALT Vine.. Shen Lu Nuwang An. Replaced Draconna with Nuwang on this one because she's an ALT; Nuwang means queen.

As of this post, my silver line still hasn't produced an egg, but I'm going to keep trying.