chicbecause

Xionybol

((Whatever works best for your character, I think tongue.gif))

Diana hmm'd to herself softly as she sat on her bed, black hair still slightly damp from her shower earlier. Today had been quite an interesting day, with Alastair and Lira. She'd watched Alastair especially, with a curious eye every now and then. There was certainly something off about the way he spoke and communicated. Perhaps she was seeing things, or perhaps there was something she was picking up on. In any case, they were both extremely nice people. Probably more decent than her, in any case.

Picking up her bag, she selected a bottle of vodka and placed it on her side, before proceeding to rummage around for her small plastic cup. The woman poured out a fair amount of the strong alcohol into it - she had a particularly high tolerance, probably due to her powers. But it still gave her a soft buzz. She crossed her legs on the bed, drinking it back thirstily. There was a faint burn in the back of her throat, but it quickly faded away. Diana wiped her mouth with the back of her hand as she finished, placing it back on the side. That was the good stuff. And maybe...

She picked up her bag to draw out another small parcel. She'd picked something special up today, while she'd slipped away from the others. Drawing out two small tabs from the paper packet, she placed them on her tongue and closed her mouth as they dissolved. A final treat, before they went on their journey. Who knew what would happen? At least she'd have a good trip before it began.

[i've never taken acid, so I'm going off what I've heard. It'll probably be inaccurate, but eh. I hear everyone experiences it differently anyway.]

Lira jumped back suddenly, being snapped back into the present by Alastair.

"Oh, uh, yeah, yeah. I'm all good. Thanks." Lira said, still flustered. "I'm gonna go take a shower." He said, stumbling over his own limbs as he climbed off the bed.

He finally go to his feet and looked at the other two, Alastair in front of him and Diana sitting on her bed, eating something.

"Hey, Diana, whatcha eating?" He asked, gathering up his books from the bed and putting them on the nightstand that sat between the two beds.

He and Alastair would probably be sharing a bed, because Diana was a girl, and probably would not want to share a bed with a guy. That meant Diana would get to have a bed all to herself. He realized then that he had forgotten something very important. He'd meant to tell Alastair and Diana that they had another person coming to meet them. He slapped his forehead.

"Guys, I forgot to tel you. We have another person coming soon. They couldn't meet up earlier today but they should be here soon. I swear they aren't shifty and I'm not up to anything. I just forgot, I'm really sorry." He said, looking between the two.

((We got another player guys! Narvix PM'd me his sheet and I put it up with the others so you should go check it out~))

Alastair took a half step back as Lira clumsily got to his feet, giving him room to stand. He watched as Lira told them about another party member and a small frown came to his lips as he turned, looking at the two beds that the hotel room held. Was there enough room for one more person? He wondered as his eyes went to the room's rather warn down couch. If there wasn't enough room he had a feeling that's where he'd end up, unless by some chance this new person was shorter then him.

"Hmm, alright, but if their shorter then me, then they get the couch" he told Lira, giving the younger man a smile before he moved around him and sat down on the bed. "I take it you found a way to contact them about the hotel?" He asked as he started drying off his hair, making sure to keep his eyes on Lira incase he replied.

Edited by dragonsword

Their shoes quietly smacked the ground, each step confident in its placement along the sidewalk. The city bustled with the daily activity that had become so familiar to Robin. As if everything ran on a schedule that underwent as few changes as possible, a routine that didn't want to be shaken up. It was the familiar sounds and the familiar rhythm of time passing that the individual somewhat depended on to get to their destination.

A pebble skittered away, clicking against the concrete of the sidewalk. The sound was sharp to their ears but nevertheless entertaining. Robin's hair, tied up in a bun, struggled against the hairband, fly-aways tickling their temple as they walked. A red backpack weighed on their shoulders, filled with two sets of clothes, toiletries, leisure reading materials, and some other tidbits. They'd been instructed to gather for a trip and going was a priority for Robin. Nothing else was happening in their life so, why not go on an adventure while they were still young?

Blinking, brown eyes stared out ahead of them, focused on their destination for all appearances. But their thoughts roamed, creating questions they might ask when they reached the hotel room. Robin began to wonder what sort of people Lira had brought along, and how many. A group provided interesting conversations but a smaller number would be much more manageable.

Up a flight of stairs, their hand brushing along the metal railing. They'd been told a number and, after asking an employee which way to go, Robin was able to do the rest. Their hand found the doorknob, key slipping into place. As the lock slid open, the individual twisted the knob and pushed the door inward.

"-ey get the couch. I take it you found a way to contact them about the hotel?"

"Yes, Lira did," Robin replied smoothly, inserting themself among the others almost seamlessly. They hummed softly, a singsong manner, as they gently closed the door behind them. Smiling, Robin gave an apologetic look, turning their head towards the direction of the voice. "Pardon the intrusion. My name is Robin. By the sound of things, I take it Lira already mentioned I would be arriving late?" Continuing to hum, the new arrival started to slip one arm free of their bag.

They didn't know the layout of the room but that didn't perturb the blind person in the slightest. "I don't mind taking the couch if you want the bed," Robin stated, continuing to smile. "How many are here? If there are not enough beds, I don't mind sleeping on the floor to let someone else have the couch," they informed.

Ah, they were standing at the door too long. Shifting their bag so it was pressed against their side, Robin's opposite hand moved towards the zipper that rested just above the side pocket. The sound of it opening filled their ear for just a moment before they reached their hand inside, fingers curling around a familiar bit of metal. "You'll have to excuse me."

Pulling the object free, they shifted their bag back into place and began to unfold the white cane, black leather handle pressed firmly against their palm and red tip coming to lightly tap the floor. "I've not been inside one of these rooms before so I'm not familiar with the layout," Robin apologized. They swept the cane in small arcs, searching for the couch as they touched every object their cane bumped against. Fortunately, the couch wasn't too far into the room and they were able to set their bag down at one end, taking a seat next to it. "How has everyone's day been today?" Robin asked conversationally.

((Oops. I thought that two beds meant that she was in a separate room...))

Diana glanced toward Lira, eyebrows raised. "Hm?" She was just starting to regret what she'd taken. Maybe it wasn't the best idea, seeing as she would be stuck with them for a while and in the same room too... But her powers usually lessened the effects of the drugs, so it shouldn't be too crazy a trip. It would take a couple of minutes for the hallucinations and such to take place. She propped herself up against the pillows, listening as Lira spoke about yet another person joining.

"Yeah?" she commented, feeling slightly 'happy,' after the vodka. Hopefully, they weren't like... police or something. Her inner wonderings were interrupted by the door being opened, and she looked curiously toward the person. Huh. So they were blind, and Alastair had some sort of hearing defect (by now, she was leaning toward deafness). Lira seemed fine if a little clumsy, and her not feeling pain - well, that wasn't exactly a weakness, but still. They were a pretty motley crew.

"Hi," she greeted Robin, having to resist the urge not to wave. "I'm Diana." The colours in the room were starting to grow brighter, than darker. Was that the light or the drugs? Standing up, she walked to the window and peered outside before letting out a short yell and ducking below the windowsill. The clouds had turned into bats, flying straight at her.

Lira sat back down on the bed as Robin entered, making more floor space in the small room.

"Robin, hi, I was actually just mentioning you to them. You can use the couch or have my spot on the bed. Whichever you like. This is Alastair, Diana is on the other bed. We've already gotten everything we need from Toll and we'll probably be heading out tomorrow morning if... that's... alri- Diana? Are you alright?" He asked, rushing over to her as she knelt by the window.

He looked out the window, then back at Diana. He took her by the arm and tried to guide her gently back onto her bed. "Um, I dunno why she's like this, Robin. She wasn't earlier." He said.

"I gotta go shower, um, you two all get to know each other."

He quickly left the room and went to the bathroom to shower.

((Sorry for the short post, omg, I've been so busy recently))

Alastair glanced up as the door opened and another person walked in. Alastair inwardly groaned, seeing that they were indeed taller then him. Alastair shifted and got to his feet, not hearing Diana's yell, only glancing over when he caught sight of Lira running to her. He watched Lira lead her back to the bed but soon turned his head back to the person called Robin, noticing now that they had a cane in their hand, the kind blind people used.

This realization made Alastair shake his head. "No, no" he said. "You get the bed, I'll take the couch" the short young man then glanced at Diana as Lira hurried out of the room. He didn't move toward her though, instead he backed up, doing his best to see both of them incase they spoke.

The bats disappeared away as Lira pulled Diana away from the window. When she looked at him, he looked like a puppet. His movements were controlled by strings, jerky and loose as he went out the door. She cackled to herself, flopping back on the bed and looking up at the ceiling. Random colours swirled in her vision, and she hummed quietly to herself, interlocking her fingers over her stomach.

Suddenly, she snapped her head to the side to stare at the two other people in the room. Robin looked vaguely like a bird-slash-man, and Alastair became a small bear-slash-man. She heard Alastair growl something, and she giggled again. It was funny.

[[sorry. I'll be posting today. Just had family stuff for the holiday and took a short break from RPing because I was hitting a writer's block.]]

Robin listened as the other three spoke or just made other kinds of noise. Frowning, they tilted their head at Lira's comment about Diana. "It's quite alright. You needn't apologize for someone else's behavior. Besides, it doesn't seem like she's harming anyone," they replied. Then the boy was off into the bathroom for a shower.

As the muffled sound of water running reached the person's ears, they turned their attention to the other boy who spoke up. Alastair, wasn't it? Smiling, they idly scratched beneath their chin. "It's alright, dear. Besides, I don't believe Lira would feel all too comfortable if I slept in the same bed as him. I do have the anatomy of a female, after all, and some boys get kind of embarrassed about sharing a bed with someone who has breasts," they informed, chuckling.

Lightly, they tapped the butt of their cane against the ground, thinking. "How are you two feeling about this journey? I'm quite excited for it, but I'm also a little anxious. Both of which are for the same reason: I've never been on a trip outside of the city before. So this shall be quite an experience for me."

Alastair was surprised by Robin's rather blunt words but they made sense. From what he had seen of Lira the boy might vary well get flustered from that. After a moment of hesitation he sighed and shrugged his shoulders. "Vary well" he replied before he turned his head toward Diana. She had a big stupid grin on her face which gave him the sneaking feeling that she was laughing at him. He lifted an eyebrow at her but the motion on Robin tapping the Cain brought his focus back to their newest member in time to see the question on his lips.

"I'm not really sure to tell you the truth. I'm used to traveling but not with other people... so, this'll be interesting" he replied as he backed up and sat down on the bed. He stretched his arms out above his head and yawned.

Alastair lifted a hand to rub the back of his head as he turned his gaze toward Diana. "Hey, lady, you okay?" He asked, figuring it was about time someone dealt with... whatever it was that she was going through. "What'd ya eat anyway?" He added, shifting on the bed to face her.

Edited by dragonsword

Rain cackled again at Alastair's raised eyebrow. It was funny. The trip was already fading a little; she was resistant to drugs (including medicine). The two others in the room returned to looking like normal people, although the room around her was fading in and out with colours and strange patterns. At Robin's question, she sat up again. Her mind was becoming more like her own again, although she felt a bit strange. "I'm like... I just wanna find a lake or something," she said dreamily, leaning back against the wall and looking up at the now-shimmering ceiling.

At Alastair's question, she blinked at him. To tell or not to tell? That was the question, and she giggled again. "Something happy," she said with a high-pitched tone, pointing at him lazily. "Who knows what we're gonna find out there?"

(Has anyone seen Chicbecause?)

Alastair shook his head in response to Diana'Diana's words and he sighed, shrugging before he flopped down onto his back on the bed. "We won'won't find your sanity. That'That's for sure" he replied, but the smile that came with it showed he was just teasing her.

With a yawn Alic stretched and opened his eyes, staring up at the ceiling, finding himself wondering if this adventure was such a good idea. He frowned and turned his head, looking toward Robin, realizing that if a plink person thought they could do it then he should be fine, even without hearing.. but should he tell the others or not?

(Sorry, I've been gone)

Lira turned the shower off, humming to himself. The murmur of voices faintly heard through the thin walls. He thought about many many things, including the journey ahead of them. The distant look returned to his features and without anyone to interrupt him, stayed there for a long time. He did not look worried, but did not look peaceful. For a while, his mind seemed almost to float away from him and he held his breath. Time passed, he could not tell how much. He shook his head and got out of the shower, surprised to find that his body was already dry, although his hair was still wet, but no longer dripping. He shook his clothes out, getting most of the dust out of them before putting them back on.

He left the room, rubbing his hair in the towel. "Hey guys, how's it going? Does everyone know where they are sleeping?" He asked, throwing the towel back into the bathroom.

He braided his hair.

((I think we should probably skip to the next day? I really can't think of anything to write.))

((Can do!))

Lira stretched and yawned, blinking his eyes open. How early was it? He sat up, and popped his back by twisting from side to side, satisfied with the cracking sound his spine made. He looked over to the window to judge the light, and guessed it was around 6 o'clock in the morning. Swinging his legs over the side of the bed, he stood up, and immediately fell on the ground before quickly standing back up again and untangling his feet from the blanket that had been wrapped around them. He looked over his companions for the first time today. He had forgotten to check if they were still sleeping or not. He suddenly felt very self-conscious of his sleeping attire, which was just his normal attire, as he didn't bring extra clothes to the hotel with him, except without a shirt. He might not have felt this was had he been particularly muscular, which he was not, or particularly anything other than incredibly bony and thin, which he was. He found his shirt on the floor beside the bed and slipped it over his head.

"Hey guys, you awake?" He asked, loud enough to be heard without waking anyone still sleeping.

Diana was an extremely light sleeper. She'd eventually drifted off that night after her rather good trip, probably having annoyed the others a fair bit. However, Lira's uncoordinated movements generated a little bit of noise, and that was enough to wake her. She sat straight upright, poised and ready to fight or flee. But then her mind caught up with what was happening. Sighing softly, she shook her head as Lira put on his shirt. He was the definition of lanky. Wouldn't be any good in a fight, either.

And yet, he was strangely attractive, all cheekbone and jaw...

"I am," she mumbled softly, rubbing the back of her head. Her hair was all astray, but it was tamed with a few strokes of her brush. She shivered in the cold air, still dressed in her day clothes - she'd been too high last night to really care about that. In her large backpack, she also had a change of clothes and some sweat pants and a tank top - they worked for pajamas, and outside clothes if needed. Usually, she tried to keep them from the Dust.

Swinging her legs over the side of the bed, she rose and yawned, stretching her arms high above her head. "What time do we go?"

Edited by Chicogal

((The only thing I'm unsure about here is the replacement, so just let me know if I need to change that smile.gif

NAME: Jaylee Tomlinson

SENSE MISSING: Time

REPLACEMENT: Jaylee has what is called Accelerated Probability. It is the ability to predict the outcomes of and what choices one could make (According to Superpower Wiki). It is a thing she likes to play with and usually gives her the upper hand in battle.

PERSONALITY: Jaylee is cheerful and mischievous, if not a bit shy. She enjoys playing pranks on others and is a bit of a jokester. She is loyal to a fault and will not abandon the ones she cares for even if she is in danger herself. She occasionally forgets to think before she speaks, and while some people consider it to be rude she never means any harm.

APPEARANCE: Jaylee has red-brown hair that falls a little past her shoulderblades and light blue eyes. She is slim and well muscled from hours of training in the hot sun, and stands at five foot one inches. She has a slightly upturned nose, pale pink lips. She is pale and burns easily, which is unfortunate considering where she lives.

BIO: Jaylee grew up in a city common for its barbaric activities. Though she didn't particularly like fighting, it was necessary for her to learn and therefor she is a skilled fighter. When they found out she was missing a sense, she was immediately discharged so she would never see battle because she was considered a liability. Her mother died six years after she was born defending her city from a raid, and her father became deaf in a fighting accident. In order to communicate with him, she taught him and herself sign language and is very fluent in the language.

OTHER: Jaylee is excellent with children, and after she was discharged from her city's military she decided to work with young children for a time. She also loves animals, especially dogs.

Edited smile.gif ))

Edited by polaristar

Alastair had gone to bed before any of the others had, making sure he gave Lira enought room on the bed.

When Lira got up the next morning the movement of him tripping tugged at the sheets over Alastair, pulling them mostly off of him and causing the man to give an annoyed groan and throw out a hand, searching for the sheet that had been yanked off of him. Soon enough though he gave up and tried to settle back into a light sleep.

Alastair was dressed in his tank and sweatpants from the night before and his black hair fell back from his face since he lay on his back reveling his expression to be calm and relaxed. Soon enough though he realized he couldn't get back to sleep and his eyes slowly opened, blinking groggy up at the ceiling before he rolled over onto his side, looking at the other two who were already up but still too sleepy to try and read their lips.

They had fallen asleep shortly after the conversation with the other three. By the sound of their voices, they all had to be relatively young but certainly older than children. Young adults, younger than Robin for sure. Similar to the others, they hadn't bothered to change into some semblance of sleepwear, choosing to remain in their day clothes instead. With early morning came the stirring of waking bodies. First Lira, then Diana.

Robin quickly followed, coming into consciousness at the sound of Lira tripping. His question drifted softly through the room, almost not making it to Robin's ears if it weren't for their sharpened hearing. Diana replied with a quiet mumble as Robin sat up on the couch and stretched their body, raising their arms above their head to elongate their spine. Lowering their arms with a content sigh, they idly rubbed their cheek. "Good morning," they greeted.

At Diana's question about when the group might be leaving, they located their cane as they spoke up. "Probably early today, maybe in the next few hours. Unless everyone decides differently. Though, I prefer the early start."

((Accepted! She looks wonderful!))

Lira walked over to Diana’s bed, and sat on the foot of it near the window. He peered through the blinds into the street, the wind was beginning to slow down and the sun hadn’t yet started to glare. It was one of the few times it was actually pleasant to be outdoors. He looked back at the other two who he knew were awake, feeling the calm drowsiness of sleep drain out of him as he remembered why they were all here in the first place. This was not a slumber party, and they needed to get moving.

He looked from Diana to Robin, then back to Diana. He smiled without realizing it as he noticed that everyone looked like they had just woken up, and rightfully so, but it still made him smile regardless. He couldn’t have helped it even if he had thought of how ridiculous he was being. It wasn’t that he thought that they looked bad, quite the opposite. He found everyone in their party very attractive, but seeing people after they had just woken up just made him think they were cute, and cute people made him happy. He realized he was smiling and cleared his throat, struggling to return his face to a neutral expression. His face went through several expressions of varying absurdity before he managed to stop smiling completely.

“Um. Right. Yeah. Uh. Well, I guess we can get going as soon as Alastair wakes up?” He said, looking to them for some sort of approval and trying not to break out into laughter as he thought of how strange they must think him.

He looked over to Alastair on the bed, and realized that he was already awake, and just hadn’t said anything yet.

“Oh. Um, you are already up. So, uh, we can go now I guess. I mean, if everyone has everything they need?”

He was biting the inside of his lip so much it began to bleed, which helped him focus his mind on the task at hand. He stood up and began to gather up the books he’d gotten.

Diana glanced around the room as the others began to wake up, Alastair looking especially tired. She shifted about to also glance out of the window - at least it wasn't too hot at this time of day. Picking up her backpack, she checked the zipper and then slung it over her shoulder. "Alright then," she said, eyeing Lira with some amusement. Her line of work didn't usually lead to her encountering people like him. Slightly naive, young, silly... It was a welcome change.

"Something wrong with your face?" she quipped, reaching up to squeeze one of his thin cheeks as she looked over the books. She'd been on too much of a trip last night to pay any attention to them. They contained legends, and ancient tales. If only some were true... Turning around, she fixed Alastair with a look. It was one of her bodyguard looks when a new member on her team wasn't listening. If only she knew how that look was correct. "Come on, you. Up!"

Jaylee walked quickly down the nearly empty sidewalks, her hands shoved into her forest green hoodie, her blue eyes darting from window to window. The sun was shining, as per usual, but the city had taken a menacing look to it. The hairs prickled on the back of her neck and she frowned but refused to glance back. She was being followed, or at the very least watched - that much she knew. She figured it was because of her ability to predict future events with considerable accuracy, though perhaps it was her knowledge of a certain group's quest that they were after. At any rate, she had to find the group she had caught wind of and she knew just where to look. While her city was large, there were several spots that would be ideal for them to seek refuge, so she was stopping by each and hoping not to miss them. She stopped several hundred yards before the hotel they were probably staying at, leaning against the wall and surveying her surroundings.

She pulled a smooth stone out of her pocket, fiddling with it as she tapped her foot impatiently. The group needed to hurry up - if they were even there - the sooner they left the better, because whoever may be after them probably wanted the group taken care of. Jaylee's hand twitched towards the handgun tucked into the waistband of her jeans, hidden under her large hoodie, but considering there was no one around it was useless to pull it out, however much she may want to. Instead she pulled a hairband out of her pocket, putting the stone away and pulling her hair back into a braid in case things got messy. The only true problem, at least in her mind, was convincing the ragtag group of travelers she meant no harm. She had heard of them due to scouts Lira had sent out to find suitable candidates, so hopefully that nugget of information would be enough. If not, she'd have to find a way to slide into the group anyway, as she really didn't know where else to go. Her father had been sent to another area and she was ordered to stay put, but following directions had never really been Jaylee's style.

The raucous laughter of a small group of young teenagers roused her from her thoughts. Glancing over, she saw the teens had a collection of paint balloons. She sensed, rather than saw, that they were going to throw one and ducked out of the way moments before one of them reared back and threw it. She flashed them a cocky grin when they complained, walking over to them. "You know, the best way to get someone is to be quiet and wait until they're not looking. Then you nail them." She told them with a grin, tossing a paint balloon to the smallest girl of the group and giving her an encouraging nod towards the unsuspecting man walking towards them. The girl grinning and threw it at him, nailing him in the side and causing him to jump in surprise and give the teenagers a nasty glare. They laughed in response, the teens thanking her as Jaylee slipped off to finish her mission - once they decided to make an appearance, that is.

Edited by polaristar