Vorgin

Tales of Flight OOC

Era of RP?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

well, Neiva's power is frost. I think that kind of power is only for a prince or king. Although he is a high class person, you didn't specify the type of class and you can't be too high without asking dotz first.

Such power would be dark magic in my belief and thus he wouldn't be "high class" at all he'd be exiled to the Necromancers. Was he blessed by a god? Minor fire power, earth or plant manipulation, something not involving air or storms or monsters. It's a bit op still for that power.

Personally I feel his power should be limited in a way that he can barely use it for any combat situation. Only necromancers, the "fairies" and arch mages should have any powerful magic.

Pffffft finally finished these. Let me know if something doesn't work.

Username: Narvix

Character Name: Layla Charmeine

Kingdom: Bat

Appearance: Layla has dark brown, slightly-tattered wings covered in short, fuzzy fur that completely encase her if wrapped about her body. She's no taller than 5'2" with shoulder-length, auburn-colored hair. Her hair falls in unkempt waves and is typically kept in a ponytail, her uneven bangs often concealing half of her face. With hazel colored eyes, Layla possesses a narrow face and sharp features. Her body is more hourglass shaped and covered by a white frilled shirt, brown overcoat, tan pants, and knee-high boots made of worn leather.

Personality: She's got spunk and an attitude she isn't afraid to hit you with. She's her own person and won't tolerate being pushed around in the slightest or used for personal gains. Layla's learned, from a young age, how to get her way through firm but fair means. Seemingly unshakeable, Layla cowers at the prospect of sailing and heights above 50 feet.

History: She grew up as a baker's daughter and found a love for the merchant's life. Layla has loved to travel as long as she remembers and savored a good trade. Her mother passed away while she was young due to illness and her father did his best to raise her alone. He wasn't perfect but their relationship grew strong and Layla didn't cause any significant trouble; he must have been doing something right then.

Other: N/A

Character Name: Usiu Pathiel

Kingdom: Bird

Appearance: The shimmering gold feathers of his wings are, perhaps, the first thing anyone notices about Usiu. And he keeps it that way. Primped and proper, Usiu doesn't have a single detail out of line. His long blonde hair falls in silky strands with shorter strands framing his delicate face. His skin is soft and hardly kissed by dirt, his build lacking in significant muscle development. A fencer, he has grace and flexibility more than strength. Blue eyes rest on either side of a pointed nose above full lips. Standing no more than 5'10", Usiu favors wearing long tunics of vibrant colors and trimmings with neutrally-colored pants and boots.

Personality: Usiu is very vain. When someone has irritated him, he becomes quite sassy. He has little tolerance for anyone who insults him and will often gossip about those he doesn't like. Spreading rumors and trying to soil the reputations of others is something he particularly enjoys doing. For all his physical glamour and outward attitude, he's self-conscious to a large fault.

History: By no means from the richest family, Usiu was born into a wealthy home with parents of slight influence. His family was situated comfortably among the higher class, providing him with a comfortable and spoiled lifestyle. He learned from private tutors and flirted with love interests - from all over the gender spectrum. Now he's a teacher himself, a private tutor. Because who wants to get their hands dirty?

Other: N/A

Character Name: Raziel Kayerith

Kingdom: Dragon

Appearance: Raziel is as tall as their son, standing at 6'4". Short black hair sweeps back from the crown of their skull in slight curls, ending at the nape of their neck. Their eyes are dark and their face possesses rough features with a squared jaw. Broad shoulders and a wide chest contribute to the muscled bulk of their body while iridescent, "rainbow"-scaled wings sprout from their back. Though Raziel is a general, they prefer wearing simple clothes consisting of a neutrally-colored tunic, brown pants, and brown boots. Ever present around their waist is a black belt with their sheathed longsword.

Personality: Often considered firm, Raziel is much for following orders and expects others to do the same. They don't talk endlessly, preferring to save their words for when there is something important to say. They demand respect to and from everyone but they aren't as cold or stiff as they might appear. They've a good and caring heart and a desire to see others safe.

History: Raziel is part of a line of militants and, like their father and grandfather before, have risen in the ranks to become a general of the army. Originally, Raziel wanted to become a blacksmith but their father guided their path to be a solider instead. Obediently, they followed the steps their father wanted and has been teaching their son to do the same.

Other: Father of Zaphus.

hang on. Neiva is supposed to be the only one who has gold feathers because it marks her with her power. I thought different wings marked those with talents (if that's ok)

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

I never thought wings to be the symbol of power, though the better your wings look, the higher the chance you are in the higher classes. If you want wings to repress power too, shouldn't Neiva's wings be a beautiful white with a frosty blue tint to match her power?

Her skin was white.. so blue wings? I thought because her father is the advisor for the king of the birds, they are the highest level other then the royal family members. (Her home in next to the palace, her father always ready to be called to the palace)

Coupled with her power, gilded wings made sense to me.

Advisors aren't that high of a class actually, regardless of who they're advising. They might still be part of the high class but they are far from the highest. Being an advisor is a job, often seen as one of servitude I believe. They write down the orders of their employer and make sure things get done the way the employer wants. That's about it.

That's a clerk. An adviser is a friend and trusted one to whom they are advising. They help them crunch numbers and make important decisions (like about a war) nowhere in there is there any mention of servitude. I don't know the direct word but they had a court status.

I need help on wings, I have several images and I can't decide on what one.

Username: Dotzrus

Character Name: Vorgin Fang

Age (Human lifespan): 26

Kingdom: Bat

Appearance: Vorgin stands at 6 feet tall, is a bit slender, has black messy hair, and Emerald eyes. He prefers to wear long coats, black or brown, and matching pants and shoes unless he goes barefoot. His wings are fairly large pitch black bat wings, slightly furred to add a slight sheen to the leathery membrane.

Personality: Vorgin is one not bound by rules. One to go out on his own, he has become ambitious, upfront, and cocky. He does not lack kindness towards others, but to most he may seem a self centered rogue.

History: A natural sweet talker, Vorgin grew up bargaining and talking others into teaching him skills he needed to live on his own. With his ambition growing larger, he decided that he travel around alone and make a name for himself among all the kingdoms.

Other: He loves fruit (Jokingly calls himself "Fruit Bat")

Username: Dotzrus

Character Name: Xel Flame

Age (Human lifespan): 24

Kingdom: Dragon

Appearance: Short black spiky hair, dark blue eyes, very strong and fit build from his occupation. Xel's wings are black with dark red bone extrusions at the top and the bottom.

Personality: Xel is a softhearted and respectable individual. He is kind and friendly and loves the company of others. As with his family, he has been known to enter a draconic berserk where he goes into an uncontrollable rage. This has led him to put himself in harms way to protect his friends, afraid of losing them and going into a rage.

History: Xel grew up in a blacksmith family and quickly took up the trade. Going through basic training in the military, he met and befriended Zaph which helped his father's career as a black smith for Zaph's father and battalion.

Other: Ge refuses to fly over the ocean for fear of sea monsters.

Edited by Dotzrus

They're not friends. They might be trusted but they are hired help and they are very much considered a servant as they work for the employer. However, the highest of the higher class is made up of noble families in particular favor of the royal family. They're for political purposes and kept close. So the advisor wouldn't even live "next door" as that spot is taken by the wealthiest families and those of very good favor with the Royal family. An advisor would either live some streets down or make residence in the palace in a much smaller guest room that's just a little better than the servant quarters. Advisors may be paid well but they aren't seen as noblemen.

Edited by Narvix

Personally I don't care what you two decide, Wing color can link you to a family line, and if you want unique wings fora magic user, fine. As for the Bird king's/queens advisor, I would guess that he/she would be of a noble family right under the royal family. The Dragon King would have a general as an advisor and the Bat king/queen would have a high ranking spy advisor.

Well, I have a link that provides a bit of insight. Friendship was very rarely considered because people act around royalty. Trustworthiness was the main factor and lower classes could be bought.

That all makes sense, but under this situation, I don't see many noble led rebellions, at least not at the beginning of the entire story.

But they're still possible and considered. I mean, think of the daily risks that could happen to you today and the actions you take to avoid them, regardless if they've ever happened to you before. You don't run with scissors (I hope), you're careful around knives, you watch out for cars, etc.

Well if there isn't much history of backstabbing, this worlds people wouldn't think about it as much.

I've never been back stabbed before but I'm afraid of being betrayed. My point is, just consider the situation logically. The king is in a very high position and people get greedy; they'll want his throne or for his laws to favor them. And that's usually always the case with noblemen. Lower classes might be treated nicely but not always fairly and not everyone has good intentions. So the king has to maintain his own security, regardless of times of peace or war.

Aroara can have whatever character she wants but I think it's only fair that she makes sure she knows how to properly play that character.

That link proves my point. Advisers are not slaves as you said they were before, and I downloaded a pdf that also said the regent was the high up. When the sovereign was away or ill, they took over and ran the kingdom until they returned. Trust makes friendship. I asked dotz approval of the history of being an high noble advisor and he approved.

Neiva's father is a noble directly under the king, thus trusted advisor to him.

As for wings:

something like this

or this #2

I said servant, not slave. They are different.

The regent is not a castle worker but someone of royal blood like a princely brother.

Noble does not always equal advisor. Usually, Kings hired advisors from the lower classes because their trust was easier to buy.