Vorgin

Tales of Flight OOC

Era of RP?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As of my return to the forums, I have come up with an RP idea I would like to share. All are welcome, all are encouraged to make suggestions as I'm open to them.

General Plot:

The people of the world are humans like you and I, except they all have wings. The world is split into three kingdoms, the militaristic and powerful dragon winged people, the stealthy and secretive bat winged people, and the graceful and artistic bird winged people. I dont say angel and demon because these people are not divine in any way, magic is extremely rare among the people of the world, and the bird winged people can have wings of a swan, or eagle, or even a hummingbird. There are also secluded groups hidden in the world, a cult of bone winged necromancers hides deep in the swamps, and the mystical forest holds a group of people with insect wings.

The kingdoms are on edge with each other but not at war yet, and a wedding between the two kingdoms is about to begin. A cultist posing as an assassin from one of the kingdoms will ruin the wedding and bring about talk of war... thats where we come in

Us as RPers:

You can choose between a person in any of the three kingdoms. If you want to be a necromancer or an insect winged person, you should PM me your idea. You can be a normal citizen, military, ambassador, etc. If you want to be of royal blood or a higher up, PM me.

And here is a sample sheet:

Username:

Character Name:

Age (Human lifespan):

Kingdom:

Appearance (Description of person and wing details, pictures are allowed):

Personality (Can be RPed but some have something here):

History (Can be revealed later but some here):

Other:

Kingdoms:

Bird:

-Neiva (Aroara)

-Drez (Aroara)

-Usiu (Narvix)

Bat:

-Layla (Narvix)

-Vorgin (Dotz)

Dragon:

-Zaph (Aroara)

-Raziel (Narvix)

-Tekkel (Spyro)

Necromancers:

- Currently N/A

Insect/Fairy: PM me for details

Edited by Dotzrus

I remember you talking about this idea a long, long time ago. Is the setting more medieval, western, modern, or sci-fi? Or do different kingdoms have different levels of technology?

Medieval, metal armor, swords, bows, and lances as they fight in the air. The dragon kingdom would be the most advanced with some machinery as they live in a large semi active volcano.

I'm likely to join this. It's just going to take a little while for a sheet to be made on my end because busy schedule today.

Reserved for my characters!

Username: Aroara

Character Name: Neiva Garthfellow

Age (Human lifespan): 22

Kingdom:bird

Appearance: Neiva has snowy white skin and hair, light Violet eyes, and is the only known one to have White wings with frosted blue tips on the primary feathers. She's five foot nothing, her wings when folded extend a foot higher then her head making them cumbersome, the feathers drag on the ground a little.

Personality : shy, sweet and curious. She thinks there is a better way to achieve peace.

History: Her father is a high noble adviser to the ruler of the Bird kingdom. He was proud for his daughter had a frost ability. She can only covering items that are small or create a frost circle the size of her palm. The frost if woven into strands can keep the wearer of the cloak cool and because it's fused with cloth, it wouldn't melt unless exposed to direct fire. She is constantly tripping and has clumsiness due to her oversized wings.

Other: Drez is her older brother

Character Name: Drezden (Drez) Garthfellow

Age (Human lifespan):23

Kingdom: bird

Appearance: Drez, but only one set of wings he's 5'9" tall, his wings fit him and his eyes are an light blue

Personality: Flirtatious, curios and bold. Not one to back down, protective of his little clumsy sister.

History: His father doesn't take him seriously, given his constant flirting and getting in arguments with others. He is proud of his sister, and is very protective of her, many of the fights were with men who tried to flirt with her.

Other: sister is Neiva

Character Name: Zaphus (Zaph) Kayerith

Age (Human lifespan): 24

Kingdom: Dragon

Appearance: Zaph is 6'4" with a mighty wingspan of 28'. His eyes are the color of ash. His wings are slightly feathered (much like a soul peace Dragon but they are like scales and fire proof) jet black and mostly membrane, it's so thin the bones show, giving him a frightening appearance among the Dragon community.

Personality: Calm collected and refined. He's quite and one to think about the repercussions before acting.

History: He is the son of the Dragon General a respectable man. He groomed his son to be a warrior and a excellent strategist.

Other:

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Cool stuff!!

The dragon wings will live in a large semiactive volcano, the bat wings will be in a massive underground cavern, and the bird wings are in a massive tree.

This actually seems pretty interesting, and I'm usually not one for unexplained hybrid-types. xd.png So I have a lot of images in my mind for what the necromancers are supposed to be like-what are you envisioning exactly? I'm thinking right now of the typical "We worship the ruler of the underworld, and we wish to bring Armageddon to the world!!" type of cultists, but it could just be that they revolt against the ideals of the other races. Also is there a map or should we just make things up as we go along?

Aroara is accepted.

Also, I feel to actually have a vote based on Mage's question on what era should this be on... Hearing everyone's thoughts on that would be helpful.

No map yet, but the cultists are people from all kingdoms but are corrupted by dark necromancer magic making their wings turn to skeletons but fly using black magic. Beyond the bone wings, they look human, maybe pale or super dark skin from magic.

I will add a little bit more on history when I see yours.

something like this for Necromancers? That's just one wing type.

I vote both. They are Necromancers, war brings death, and they bring the death to life. More dead the more their numbers grow for the revolt

Old Victorian era is my put in for the vote.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Username: MrSpyro

Character Name: Tekkel

Age (Human lifespan): 19

Kingdom: Dragon

Appearance: Short, dark gray hair, yellow eyes, dark gray wings with a blue lightning bolt pattern.

Personality: Nah

History: He's kind of lived an average high-class dragon life.

Other: He's a lightning mage.

Edited by MrSpyro

That works spyro but I'm going to ask he not be a Mage, like I said, magic is very rare, you need to give me a good reason why he would have magic. Also Storm magic seems a bit OP when everyone flies.

Victorian for me. Steam punk I think of howls moving castle type stuff with the planes and such.

Moot point on flying machines when they can already do that... (unless it's for the elderly and disabled...)

I know! I was stating my choice that's all. Although steam punk would be interesting with this. Have like, someone born without wings or tiny stubs and they build their own that isn't exactly the type they are "born" in but the easiest to make.

Well anyone can dabble in black magic, but then their wings skeletonize and the kingdom will most likely kick them out... As for good magic, it's just extreme chance or a gift from a higher being.

Ill think about it, but I if I say yes, it can't be storm magic. That would be way too much.

Yeah, you can have a magic user, but not storm magic. Also we will have one-two magic users a kingdom.