cyradis4

Add changing sprite info to the Encyclopedia

Good morning,

With the advent of Lunar Heralds, we have a dragon that changes sprites multiples times a month. So, where on-site can this info be for people with poor memories, don't have access to the forums, or just want to know quickly?

My suggestion:

Add the info to the Encyclopedia

Either on each dragon's personal breed page, or as a new page.

Entry for Nocturnes could be:

In night form from 6 pm to 6 am

In day form from 6 am to 6 pm

For Sunrises / sunsets:

Hatches between x hours only

For Lunar Heralds:

Golden: When both moons are gibbeous

Bronze: when the moons are x and y

(and so forth)

For Glories:

Breeds Night eggs from 6 pm to 6 am

Breeds Day eggs from 6 am to 6 pm

Why the encyclopedia:

Its a repository of information about the various breeds, so.... That's what this is, observatons on the various breeds.

Why in the Breed specific pages:

So you have to unlock it, before its available. So you can be surprised if you want.

Cheers!

C4.

I support this, if forums/wikis are blocked for some reason this is a good way to find out.

And we also need this updated here... maybe...possibly...if needed? ~ http://eatw.net/tool.html

But also having a page like that on the main site would be phenomenal.

The nice thing about adding them to the Dragon breed pages is that you don't have access to the info until you've already found it out, but a quick reference guide like that would be great.

Maybe one that unlocks as you unlock the breed pages?

Cheers!

C4.

I would love to see this sort of information on the main site. The wiki is not official and besides it stalls my laptop out every time I try to hunt for info there.

The encyclopedia seems like a logical place to show the data.

Support 100%.

I thought it would be neat if the dragon's illusionary wings showed up during its phase.

So when its not in phase, the wings are absent, but when the phase occures the extra sets of wings appear.

But also having a page like that on the main site would be phenomenal.

The nice thing about adding them to the Dragon breed pages is that you don't have access to the info until you've already found it out, but a quick reference guide like that would be great.

Maybe one that unlocks as you unlock the breed pages?

Cheers!

C4.

Brilliant, as usual!

In a case like this, having it appear under the 'Found in' and 'Elemental Affinity' on the breed page from the beginning, rather than in notes which have to be unlocked, seems appropriate to me, as this is a basic 'how to find' thing and particularly important for new people coming in after the Release is finished and off-forum people especially, who may have clicked on enough scrolls/fansite eggs or whatever to see, in example, the link to the egg/hatchy page, which would then explain how to find what when. (Although some of us will probably be getting the phases confused forever, lol.)

Edit: do like Starscream's idea, if it's not too complicated implementing it. Then it's also a 'best of both worlds' thing, since we'd get to see both the bare elegance of and the exquisite moonlit mirage of multiple wings on these dragons, besides then knowing when to breed without dragging out the astrolabe every time, lol.

Edited by Syphoneira

I think this doesn't need to happen in a specific, structured way, like elemental affinity. It can be worked into the notes section, just like the Coppers describe how environment affects their color.